Solid State Logic unveils stereo ULTRAVIOLET Stereo EQ (UV-EQ) & SiX Channel (SiX CH) 500 Series - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Solid State Logic unveils stereo ULTRAVIOLET Stereo EQ (UV-EQ) & SiX Channel (SiX CH) 500 Series
Old 9th April 2021 | Show parent
  #31
Lives for gear
 
47radAR's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerbackproblems ➡️
Nice!
Let’s just hope the plane won’t get stuck sideways on a tight spot somewhere
lol!
Old 10th April 2021
  #32
Here for the gear
 
oh wow, great news. I love my Six mixer and the superanalogue channels, but haven't really digged the compressor so much - a bit too aggressive. And the violet EQ was the only thing I was craving for from the Fusion rack. Perfect!
Old 10th April 2021
  #33
Gear Addict
 
Digital Crush's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Looks great, is there a hidden feature that you will reveal in 2023?
Old 10th April 2021 | Show parent
  #34
Gear Maniac
 
Pavilon's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerbackproblems ➡️
I’m in europe and I just pulled the trigger on one, I just contacted our local dealer to see if they can order one and they hooked it up. Been looking for a 4 band eq for buss/stereo buss duties and this seemed to fit the bill, hopefully i can get one from the first batch which I believe should be arriving sometime in May.

I noticed Gear4music seems to have them listed also.
Thanks for the tip, but i´ve seen they are located in the UK and there are massive shipping delays for over months because of the brexit.

I got a message from Thoman, the will sell also the SSL UV EQ but can´t give further informations at this point.
Old 10th April 2021 | Show parent
  #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavilon ➡️
Thanks for the tip, but i´ve seen they are located in the UK and there are massive shipping delays for over months because of the brexit.

I got a message from Thoman, the will sell also the SSL UV EQ but can´t give further informations at this point.
The Gear4music was just an example, as I happened to see it there.
I’d suggest contacting your local stores that carry SSL, even if they don’t have the unit up on the site. That’s what I did.

I was then given a quote that came directly from the distributor to our country and they said that they expected to have the shipment arrive here in May.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Skamm Goodiez's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
can i use the back input as a line in on the 6chan?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #37
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamm Goodiez ➡️
can i use the back input as a line in on the 6chan?
I’m curious about this as well. Would love to be able to slap a pair of the SiX channels on busses during mixing.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #38
Solid State Logic
 
Jim@SSL's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Rear input at Mic level.
Front input as TRS Line or TS instrument.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #39
Here for the gear
 
[email protected]

In SSL Six (mixer) will the compressor be upgraded to soft knee??? (SSL Six mk2 ??)
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavilon ➡️
Thanks for the tip, but i´ve seen they are located in the UK and there are massive shipping delays for over months because of the brexit.

I got a message from Thoman, the will sell also the SSL UV EQ but can´t give further informations at this point.
Thomann has them listed now, estimated to have them in stock in 5-7 weeks
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #41
Gear Maniac
 
Pavilon's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowerbackproblems ➡️
Thomann has them listed now, estimated to have them in stock in 5-7 weeks
Only speculation, not the final price and stock chart.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #42
Lives for gear
 
Skamm Goodiez's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
Rear input at Mic level.
Front input as TRS Line or TS instrument.
bummer.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #43
Solid State Logic
 
Jim@SSL's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
No plans to change the SiX (personally I quite the hard bite, even though I recognise it isn’t for everything). Stock leaves the UK this week so depending on Brexit-related shipping issues I’d expect them to be in retailers sooner than some of the quoted dates
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #44
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
Rear input at Mic level.
Front input as TRS Line or TS instrument.
SSL has answered a lot of prayers recently. I do hope it continues to expand its footprint in the home/pro studio format.. I just feel it in my bones there will be a small Modular console in between the X desk and XL desk or may a mini Matrix, (my dream). SSL would sell a billion of those! starting with me.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #45
Here for the gear
 
Signals's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoopermusic ➡️
SSL has answered a lot of prayers recently. I do hope it continues to expand its footprint in the home/pro studio format.. I just feel it in my bones there will be a small Modular console in between the X desk and XL desk or may a mini Matrix, (my dream). SSL would sell a billion of those! starting with me.
Agree 100%. As an owner of two Sixes, a UF8 and a 2, I would be first (or maybe second) in line to buy a thing in between the X Desk and XL Desk. Big hole there just waiting for SSL.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #46
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoopermusic ➡️
SSL has answered a lot of prayers recently. I do hope it continues to expand its footprint in the home/pro studio format.. I just feel it in my bones there will be a small Modular console in between the X desk and XL desk or may a mini Matrix, (my dream). SSL would sell a billion of those! starting with me.
it would be great to have a "SiX Matrix":

-> 6 mono channels (without preamp, eq and comp, or just eq);

-> without master and monitor section;

-> exact size of the traditional SiX; made to expand the basic SiX or to work standalone.

-> matrix for all inserts, main outputs, + 2xDB25 IN, + 2xDB25out (rack integration and another SIX). With the possibility of direct configuration on the mixer.
Attached Thumbnails
Solid State Logic unveils stereo ULTRAVIOLET Stereo EQ (UV-EQ) & SiX Channel (SiX CH) 500 Series-ssl-uf8-e-six-e-apple-keyboard-_.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #47
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
I like how the stereo eq controls both channels with one set of knobs. I know traditional stereo eqs give you separate controls to account for possible left-right side imbalances. But today, we can fix something like that with FabFilter in the DAW. Among other things, you can control the gain and the frequency selection at the same time. You would need 4 hands to do that with a traditional left-right stereo eq.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #48
Lives for gear
 
Skamm Goodiez's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I wanted to fill an api with those... But 8 1/4 inches sticking out is soooo not my thing.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #49
Gear Nut
 
WestBerliner's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I’m curious how these would do compression wise for tracking. I’ve been meaning to get a comp for my lunchbox for when I track bass and vocals... want the chandler opto but these are a killer price...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #50
Lives for gear
 
Jesse Skeens's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Looks good just wish there was a way to boost around 50hz with a bell. Really like the LS on the Fusion but a tighter version of that would be useful.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #51
Lives for gear
 
ARIEL's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I just dont dig the brushed look, the solid black was more SSL classy, minor thing but we like the look as much as the sound of our gear. JIm was there a reason to change the faceplate design considering the other modules were already solid black?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #52
Solid State Logic
 
Jim@SSL's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL ➡️
I just dont dig the brushed look, the solid black was more SSL classy, minor thing but we like the look as much as the sound of our gear. JIm was there a reason to change the faceplate design considering the other modules were already solid black?
Matches the brand look: Fusion, SiX, UF8, 2/2+ all have the same brushed finish.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #53
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
Matches the brand look: Fusion, SiX, UF8, 2/2+ all have the same brushed finish.
The new look is doing very well... I love it and it has made a lot of Neve fans want one now.. on the looks alone.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #54
Gear Head
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoopermusic ➡️
The new look is doing very well... I love it and it has made a lot of Neve fans want one now.. on the looks alone.
Oh forgot to mention I have the Fusion... And its exactly what SSL said it was times 2...You have to hear it for yourself... or should I say feel it. You feel the vibe with every turn of the knobs. and the compressor mode...priceless!!! The Space and Width is the best I have heard so far and I tried the Neve MBP and didnt like the stereo width on that. SSL sounds like...well SSL. The price of the new stuff has nothing do with the quality...Its like saying Lambo is not a Lambo because Volkswagen is the owner...if that makes sense. Its still an SSL and your computer was made in China...Get over it. SSL keep doing what your doing.. I now have friends that never talked about SSL talking about it and word of mouth is a Mutha!!
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #55
Lives for gear
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
Matches the brand look: Fusion, SiX, UF8, 2/2+ all have the same brushed finish.
I like the new look. It looks fresh!


Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoopermusic ➡️
Oh forgot to mention I have the Fusion... And its exactly what SSL said it was times 2...You have to hear it for yourself... or should I say feel it. You feel the vibe with every turn of the knobs. and the compressor mode...priceless!!! The Space and Width is the best I have heard so far and I tried the Neve MBP and didnt like the stereo width on that. SSL sounds like...well SSL. The price of the new stuff has nothing do with the quality...Its like saying Lambo is not a Lambo because Volkswagen is the owner...if that makes sense. Its still an SSL and your computer was made in China...Get over it. SSL keep doing what your doing.. I now have friends that never talked about SSL talking about it and word of mouth is a Mutha!!
And I love my Fusion. Only had it a week, but it's a great improvement to the 2 Bus!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #56
c.£300 for some channel expansion of the SIX is a complete no-brainer for me

I find the six channel comp v. handy for gentle peak taming on vocal tracking

...those mid bands with the fusion eq would be very handy too......
Over the last couple of years ive got the six , the fusion and the ssl 2 and they are all brilliant bits of gear.

I actually cant understand any complaints against the Six its genius .....

Ive been readying too get into 500 series gear and this couldnt have come at a better time.

KEep this stuff coming SSL its perfect
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #57
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️

Will address other questions......

what lunchbox is SSL recommending to customers to put these in please Jim?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #58
Solid State Logic
 
Jim@SSL's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
No official recommendations.
I’ve used them in Radial, Purple, BAE and Lindell happily, sure others will too
Old 4 weeks ago
  #59
Gear Nut
 
WestBerliner's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
i'd love to hear some feedback on how people like these for tracking with regards to the compressor! that said, at the price point they are at ($529 CAD for me), it couldn't hurt to throw one in to the lunchbox and see! 2 of these, my two CAPIs, and maybe a Chandler Opto, might make for a killer little box..
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
No official recommendations.
I’ve used them in Radial, Purple, BAE and Lindell happily, sure others will too
Great thank you
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump