SKnote announces MixingRoom - Immersive Stereo Mixing Through Headphones. - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announces MixingRoom - Immersive Stereo Mixing Through Headphones.
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #31
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradoca ➡️
Quinto how did you get in covid period in Siciily all the Audeze Models , the Meze Empyrean The Abyss 1266 Phi and CC the Audiotechica 5000, the Suvsvara, the entire Stax line up wow
You must be a lucky guy to have all these headphones in sicily and maybe 10 people who organize all the shipping and the measurements
"Lucky"? Work
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #32
Gear Addict
 
fradoca's Avatar
 
4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
"Lucky"? Work
Yes yes i do believe...you’re a funny guy 😉
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #33
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradoca ➡️
Yes yes i do believe...you’re a funny guy 😉
Thanks, I always try to be. You are quite funny, too!
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #34
Gear Maniac
 
slipper's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I would love to see an update on SDC & Strip V3 with you're latest GUI here. Still haven't give up my hope on it Q.

Back to the topic here, has anybody compared it to the other ones on the market? I´m pretty much set up with the waves ones & canopener + sonarworks..
Attached Thumbnails
SKnote announces MixingRoom - Immersive Stereo Mixing Through Headphones.-screenshot-2021-04-05-12.54.39.jpg  
Old 5th April 2021
  #35
Lives for gear
 
jsblack's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Q, if you can, please add sony's 7520 and VSX, always interested in your products !
And Sicilian Menu. Almond gelato for desert.. ? Hell Yeah !
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #36
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipper ➡️
I would love to see an update on SDC & Strip V3 with you're latest GUI here. Still haven't give up my hope on it Q.

Back to the topic here, has anybody compared it to the other ones on the market? I´m pretty much set up with the waves ones & canopener + sonarworks..
Still can't, as it is coming out.

Just curious: anybody interested in a head-tracking option?

(P.S Strip and Bus: yes! SDC: not fir 3d style ones)
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #37
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack ➡️
Q, if you can, please add sony's 7520 and VSX, always interested in your products !
And Sicilian Menu. Almond gelato for desert.. ? Hell Yeah !
I think we are espanding the list depending on requests, plus what we happen to find or get services about.
Old 5th April 2021
  #38
Lives for gear
 
noiseflaw's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Uh oh! - No Sony MDR7506 or MDR7509...
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #39
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
Uh oh! - No Sony MDR7506 or MDR7509...
Really????????? Sony MDR7506 are The Classics of All Time!!!!!

Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #40
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Consider geting a pair of monitor headphones for this use, with no hype.
Old 5th April 2021
  #41
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
I have the Focal Spirit Pro and think they would be a popular addition if you can measure them . Thanks
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #42
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
Consider geting a pair of monitor headphones for this use, with no hype.
Any recommendations in the less than $500 range that you feel work particularly well in your tests ?
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #43
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_mars ➡️
Any recommendations in the less than $500 range that you feel work particularly well in your tests ?
We are fan of AKG 240 Studio
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #44
Lives for gear
 
noiseflaw's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Who gives a flying f*cK what they are smart a*se, they are not on the list of supported models - but Acustica Audio Sienna has them and my Audio Technica ATH-M40fs headphones too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Really????????? Sony MDR7506 are The Classics of All Time!!!!!

Old 5th April 2021
  #45
Gear Addict
 
Wonderbird's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
The modern franchise type of business. Coders invent a algorithm that samples room. All the audio dev companies rent it, label it their own and all of them is the best and most unique in the world.
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #46
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird ➡️
The modern franchise type of business. Coders invent a algorithm that samples room. All the audio dev companies rent it, label it their own and all of them is the best and most unique in the world.
How does it apply here, were we develop 100% of our stuff or also for others?
Also, coders code, engineers or physicians ot marhematicians invent algorithms
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
  #47
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
Who gives a flying f*cK what they are smart a*se, they are not on the list of supported models - but Acustica Audio Sienna has them and my Audio Technica ATH-M40fs headphones too.
I think you mis-interpreted my message. I use Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I was saying that I was incredulous that they weren't included on the list of supported models.
Old 6th April 2021 | Show parent
  #48
Lives for gear
 
noiseflaw's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Oh! - oops... my bad. How easy it is to misinterpret the intention of text. What I though was sarcasm was genuine shock - lol.

My apologies


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
I think you mis-interpreted my message. I use Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I was saying that I was incredulous that they weren't included on the list of supported models.
Old 6th April 2021 | Show parent
  #49
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
Oh! - oops... my bad. How easy it is to misinterpret the intention of text. What I though was sarcasm was genuine shock - lol.

My apologies
No problem.

I love my Sony MDR-7506 and I know them so well which is more important than always changing things up. People seem to forget nowadays to learn their equipment really well which you can't do if you're always hopping from one thing to another.

We are in good company - Andrew Scheps now mixes exclusively on these as well.
Old 6th April 2021
  #50
Gear Nut
 
a.l.e.'s Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I’m very curious... I’ve a Grado SR125 from 2012, bought in New York, an AKG 240 studio, with over 12 years of work, one of the last made in Swiss and many other like as Audiolux....
I use from many years from the first version Sonarwork, Waves NX, Tonebooster Morphit....
I’ll wait...
Old 8th April 2021 | Show parent
  #51
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
No problem.

I love my Sony MDR-7506 and I know them so well which is more important than always changing things up. People seem to forget nowadays to learn their equipment really well which you can't do if you're always hopping from one thing to another.

We are in good company - Andrew Scheps now mixes exclusively on these as well.
Absolutely. Getting used to your gear and environment is the key, I think everybody agrees. Includes headphones.

One nice use of this thing is adding your own studio to the system, so you can mix in your room when you are not there. I personally don't have real experience with this but I can't wait to try. Taking my studio with me when I'm travelling (sigh) and only have headphones.
Old 8th April 2021 | Show parent
  #52
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
We are looking for ten users interested in helping with final tests.

Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it including "MixingRoom test" in the subject and add your username in the Webshop on sknoteaudio.com (you don't have to own any SKnote product but please register, so we can deliver through our system).

Requirements:

- Own and be used to a pair of headphones listed on the website as already available for MixingRoom.

- Wanting to share a mix (not publicly).

- Optional: we'll see if we can sample your room for you so we can provide you your custom virtual 3D room (to be used through headphones while out of the studio).

*** EDIT
Group complete, thanks!

Last edited by quintosardo; 10th April 2021 at 07:30 AM..
Old 8th April 2021 | Show parent
  #53
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
We have a new page with a few details about MixingRoom:

MixingRoom - Technical notes and details
Old 8th April 2021 | Show parent
  #54
Gear Maniac
 
slipper's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
We are looking for ten users interested in helping with final tests.

Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it including "MixingRoom test" in the subject and add your username in the Webshop on sknoteaudio.com (you don't have to own any SKnote product but please register, so we can deliver through our system).

Requirements:

- Own and be used to a pair of headphones listed on the website as already available for MixingRoom.

- Wanting to share a mix (not publicly).

- Optional: we'll see if we can sample your room for you so we can provide you your custom virtual 3D room (to be used through headphones while out of the studio).
Sent, I´m in check your mail.

Cheers
Old 8th April 2021
  #55
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Me too, if my lowly opinion means anything!
Old 10th April 2021 | Show parent
  #56
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt ➡️
Me too, if my lowly opinion means anything!
It absolutely is useful!

Group defined, thanks! Answering to everybody by email
Old 10th April 2021 | Show parent
  #57
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
While talking about monitoring, these are great stereo converters
Attached Thumbnails
SKnote announces MixingRoom - Immersive Stereo Mixing Through Headphones.-dac2_dx.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
  #58
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
just curious - is this delayed?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #59
SKnote
 
quintosardo's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Just because we added a big feature after some specific requests, mainly about macro-controls on the calibration of the headphones. Should be out in a few hours.
Loving it!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #60
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Hmm... Not sure why I need this? My mixes translate just fine.
then it means you don't need it and you can carry on with things that interest you and save everyone's time.
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump