SKnote announces MixingRoom - Immersive Stereo Mixing Through Headphones. - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announces MixingRoom - Immersive Stereo Mixing Through Headphones.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradoca ➡️
Quinto how did you get in covid period in Siciily all the Audeze Models , the Meze Empyrean The Abyss 1266 Phi and CC the Audiotechica 5000, the Suvsvara, the entire Stax line up wow
You must be a lucky guy to have all these headphones in sicily and maybe 10 people who organize all the shipping and the measurements
"Lucky"? Work
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➡️
"Lucky"? Work
Yes yes i do believe...you’re a funny guy 😉
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradoca ➡️
Yes yes i do believe...you’re a funny guy 😉
Thanks, I always try to be. You are quite funny, too!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I would love to see an update on SDC & Strip V3 with you're latest GUI here. Still haven't give up my hope on it Q.

Back to the topic here, has anybody compared it to the other ones on the market? I´m pretty much set up with the waves ones & canopener + sonarworks..
Attached Thumbnails
SKnote announces MixingRoom - Immersive Stereo Mixing Through Headphones.-screenshot-2021-04-05-12.54.39.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Q, if you can, please add sony's 7520 and VSX, always interested in your products !
And Sicilian Menu. Almond gelato for desert.. ? Hell Yeah !
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipper ➡️
I would love to see an update on SDC & Strip V3 with you're latest GUI here. Still haven't give up my hope on it Q.

Back to the topic here, has anybody compared it to the other ones on the market? I´m pretty much set up with the waves ones & canopener + sonarworks..
Still can't, as it is coming out.

Just curious: anybody interested in a head-tracking option?

(P.S Strip and Bus: yes! SDC: not fir 3d style ones)
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack ➡️
Q, if you can, please add sony's 7520 and VSX, always interested in your products !
And Sicilian Menu. Almond gelato for desert.. ? Hell Yeah !
I think we are espanding the list depending on requests, plus what we happen to find or get services about.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Uh oh! - No Sony MDR7506 or MDR7509...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
Uh oh! - No Sony MDR7506 or MDR7509...
Really????????? Sony MDR7506 are The Classics of All Time!!!!!

SKnote

🎧 10 years
Consider geting a pair of monitor headphones for this use, with no hype.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I have the Focal Spirit Pro and think they would be a popular addition if you can measure them . Thanks
Here for the gear

Quote:
Consider geting a pair of monitor headphones for this use, with no hype.
Any recommendations in the less than $500 range that you feel work particularly well in your tests ?
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_mars ➡️
Any recommendations in the less than $500 range that you feel work particularly well in your tests ?
We are fan of AKG 240 Studio
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Who gives a flying f*cK what they are smart a*se, they are not on the list of supported models - but Acustica Audio Sienna has them and my Audio Technica ATH-M40fs headphones too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Really????????? Sony MDR7506 are The Classics of All Time!!!!!

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
The modern franchise type of business. Coders invent a algorithm that samples room. All the audio dev companies rent it, label it their own and all of them is the best and most unique in the world.
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird ➡️
The modern franchise type of business. Coders invent a algorithm that samples room. All the audio dev companies rent it, label it their own and all of them is the best and most unique in the world.
How does it apply here, were we develop 100% of our stuff or also for others?
Also, coders code, engineers or physicians ot marhematicians invent algorithms
Lives for gear

Quote:
Who gives a flying f*cK what they are smart a*se, they are not on the list of supported models - but Acustica Audio Sienna has them and my Audio Technica ATH-M40fs headphones too.
I think you mis-interpreted my message. I use Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I was saying that I was incredulous that they weren't included on the list of supported models.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Oh! - oops... my bad. How easy it is to misinterpret the intention of text. What I though was sarcasm was genuine shock - lol.

My apologies

Quote:
I think you mis-interpreted my message. I use Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I was saying that I was incredulous that they weren't included on the list of supported models.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh! - oops... my bad. How easy it is to misinterpret the intention of text. What I though was sarcasm was genuine shock - lol.

My apologies
No problem.

I love my Sony MDR-7506 and I know them so well which is more important than always changing things up. People seem to forget nowadays to learn their equipment really well which you can't do if you're always hopping from one thing to another.

We are in good company - Andrew Scheps now mixes exclusively on these as well.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I’m very curious... I’ve a Grado SR125 from 2012, bought in New York, an AKG 240 studio, with over 12 years of work, one of the last made in Swiss and many other like as Audiolux....
I use from many years from the first version Sonarwork, Waves NX, Tonebooster Morphit....
I’ll wait...
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No problem.

I love my Sony MDR-7506 and I know them so well which is more important than always changing things up. People seem to forget nowadays to learn their equipment really well which you can't do if you're always hopping from one thing to another.

We are in good company - Andrew Scheps now mixes exclusively on these as well.
Absolutely. Getting used to your gear and environment is the key, I think everybody agrees. Includes headphones.

One nice use of this thing is adding your own studio to the system, so you can mix in your room when you are not there. I personally don't have real experience with this but I can't wait to try. Taking my studio with me when I'm travelling (sigh) and only have headphones.
SKnote

🎧 10 years
We are looking for ten users interested in helping with final tests.

Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it including "MixingRoom test" in the subject and add your username in the Webshop on sknoteaudio.com (you don't have to own any SKnote product but please register, so we can deliver through our system).

Requirements:

- Own and be used to a pair of headphones listed on the website as already available for MixingRoom.

- Wanting to share a mix (not publicly).

- Optional: we'll see if we can sample your room for you so we can provide you your custom virtual 3D room (to be used through headphones while out of the studio).

*** EDIT
Group complete, thanks!

Last edited by quintosardo; 1 week ago at 07:30 AM..
SKnote

🎧 10 years
We have a new page with a few details about MixingRoom:

MixingRoom - Technical notes and details
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
We are looking for ten users interested in helping with final tests.

Please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it including "MixingRoom test" in the subject and add your username in the Webshop on sknoteaudio.com (you don't have to own any SKnote product but please register, so we can deliver through our system).

Requirements:

- Own and be used to a pair of headphones listed on the website as already available for MixingRoom.

- Wanting to share a mix (not publicly).

- Optional: we'll see if we can sample your room for you so we can provide you your custom virtual 3D room (to be used through headphones while out of the studio).
Sent, I´m in check your mail.

Cheers
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Me too, if my lowly opinion means anything!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt ➡️
Me too, if my lowly opinion means anything!
It absolutely is useful!

Group defined, thanks! Answering to everybody by email
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
While talking about monitoring, these are great stereo converters
Attached Thumbnails
SKnote announces MixingRoom - Immersive Stereo Mixing Through Headphones.-dac2_dx.jpg  
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
just curious - is this delayed?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Just because we added a big feature after some specific requests, mainly about macro-controls on the calibration of the headphones. Should be out in a few hours.
Loving it!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hmm... Not sure why I need this? My mixes translate just fine.
then it means you don't need it and you can carry on with things that interest you and save everyone's time.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…