The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Harrison introduces Mixbus32C version 7 with TapeX "Tracking And Performing EXperience"
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Deleted 6f349df
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalC ➡️
Last time i pay for an harrison product.
You evil evil man.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Control Surface?

Any recommendations for a control surface with the 32c v7? Cheers!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Is there any important difference between v6 and v7 except the TapeX feature?
I find expensive the upgrade price for me who have support Harrison through the years by purchasing every single version for both Mixbus and Mixbus32C, for only this new feature that actually I'm not interesting to use.
Harrison Consoles

🎧 15 years
@ Mubemol : since we don't use iLok or online authorization, we don't have a way to remotely disable someone's Mixbus license. For that reason, we don't allow license transfers - Ben at Harrison
Harrison Consoles

🎧 15 years
@ Arionas : in addition to the new recorder page and hardware input meters (TapeX), 7.0 represents an entirely new 'build' of Mixbus32C using the latest Apple compiler and tools. That makes it more compatible with (for example) the latest Waves v12 plugins which require a more updated build system. 7.0 embodies a lot of work behind the scenes. It's an unfortunate side effect of modern computer software that we have to invest a lot of work just to 'keep up' with the OS changes.

Of course we will also continue to add features and fixes throughout the v7.x series, as we always do.

If you haven't been following along with the very latest releases of v6, then you'll see tons of improvements in v7 ... especially lots of VST3 features.

Best,
-Ben at Harrison
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLoftis ➡️
@ Arionas : in addition to the new recorder page and hardware input meters (TapeX), 7.0 represents an entirely new 'build' of Mixbus32C using the latest Apple compiler and tools. That makes it more compatible with (for example) the latest Waves v12 plugins which require a more updated build system. 7.0 embodies a lot of work behind the scenes. It's an unfortunate side effect of modern computer software that we have to invest a lot of work just to 'keep up' with the OS changes.

Of course we will also continue to add features and fixes throughout the v7.x series, as we always do.

If you haven't been following along with the very latest releases of v6, then you'll see tons of improvements in v7 ... especially lots of VST3 features.

Best,
-Ben at Harrison
Thanks Ben, I understand. However as I'm using the latest v6 build and also as next week I'm gonna move on windows platform, I will wait for the implementation of new useful features and then I will upgrade.
Anyway, congrats for the new release!
Harrison Consoles

🎧 15 years
Thank you for your continued support !! @ Arionas
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thank you for your continued support !! @ Arionas
Always Ben!
I respect and love the sound qualities and the workflow you brought on daw recording. It is different from other daws but it is its own thing and it is great.
I also saw that through the years, problems and instabilities became less and less.
After build my new computer I will try the demo and perhaps this new TapeX finally worth the upgrade. We'll see.

cheers!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elftone ➡️
Any recommendations for a control surface with the 32c v7? Cheers!
I use it with a Behringer X-Touch and X-Touch Extender. Works pretty good! Great integration and I can basically switch off my screens and mix solely on the control surfaces.
However, on project load, the faders don't always initialize properly and I have to shuffle through a couple pages to wake them all up. From that point on, everything works perfectly. I hope that bug will be taken care of soon!
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Excellent. Much appreciated! Cheers!
Gear Nut

Quote:
@ Mubemol : since we don't use iLok or online authorization, we don't have a way to remotely disable someone's Mixbus license. For that reason, we don't allow license transfers - Ben at Harrison
This is yet another poor excuse by Harrison to not give customers the proper support that most other companies provide. You get the same excuses for why MixBus can't do simple functions as other DAW's etc. People want to believe but this kind of excuse making (as if there's no other protection besides iLok) rather fixing their poor system just wears you down.
Gear Nut

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 6f349df ➡️
You evil evil man.
simply laughable.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Oh, didn't know that! Should have researched before asking. I'll wait for some promotion since in my country now I'd pay 6 times over.

really enjoying mixbus sound and workflow!
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello, I own Mixbus 32C v5, am I missing out on anything important if I don't upgrade to v7? I mostly attempt mixing on Mixbus, importing stems from Studio One, but usually end up just mixing in Studio One. The upgrade price is +80€ for me, almost as much as I paid for the program in the first place. I'm kind of broke so I won't upgrade for that price. Any improvements on sound, mixing, etc?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaken_the_skies ➡️
Hello, I own Mixbus 32C v5, am I missing out on anything important if I don't upgrade to v7? I mostly attempt mixing on Mixbus, importing stems from Studio One, but usually end up just mixing in Studio One. The upgrade price is +80€ for me, almost as much as I paid for the program in the first place. I'm kind of broke so I won't upgrade for that price. Any improvements on sound, mixing, etc?
I'd at least upgrade to v6 as it's more stable than 5, if you care to continue using Mixbus32c, that is.

The DAW is still the DAW that it has been, but more stable, more efficient, with more workflow improvements and enhancements.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
I'd at least upgrade to v6 as it's more stable than 5, if you care to continue using Mixbus32c, that is.

The DAW is still the DAW that it has been, but more stable, more efficient, with more workflow improvements and enhancements.
!!!

But if v7 is out, I can't choose to upgrade to v6! Or can I? :O
Here for the gear

Quote:
!!!

But if v7 is out, I can't choose to upgrade to v6! Or can I? :O
You must pay for major updates (5 to 6, 6 to 7 etc). It makes no sense to upgrade from 5 to 6 if you need to pay for this. And 7 seems to be more optimized and you will have a year of free updates too till the 8 version comes.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Rx ➡️
You must pay for major updates (5 to 6, 6 to 7 etc). It makes no sense to upgrade from 5 to 6 if you need to pay for this. And 7 seems to be more optimized and you will have a year of free updates too till the 8 version comes.
Then I will probably upgrade when they release v10 o v11, if they are releasing a new version every year. I love the virtual mixing console but as a DAW it's a bit crazy to use.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Then I will probably upgrade when they release v10 o v11, if they are releasing a new version every year. I love the virtual mixing console but as a DAW it's a bit crazy to use.
I use regular Mixbus, not 32C, so my upgrade price was $19. I can handle that pretty easily.

One of things I love the most about MB is the customization options; there are so many that it is difficult to imagine using them all. I have made my own cool looking theme/skin for the mixing and edit pages, and programming in hotkey shortcuts is an absolute breeze
Here for the gear

Quote:
If I remember correctly there was a new feature implemented in v6 called "delay compensation everywhere" meaning all aux-tracks were delay-compensated, not just mixbusses. If you don't need it then you don't miss anything important mix-wise by not upgrading.
Another new very cool feature is the loudness Maximizer on Master channel which automatically sets your exported audio to most loudness standards such as CD, Itunes, YouTube, EBU etc. This is very handy.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Replace Ardour engine with Reaper's and you have the greatest DAW everrrrrr!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamm Goodiez ➡️
Replace Ardour engine with Reaper's and you have the greatest DAW everrrrrr!
As a guy who tracks and edits in Reaper and then mixes in Mixbus, this would be sooo great!
But I guess it's not so simple to make it happen
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Mihaljevic ➡️
As a guy who tracks and edits in Reaper and then mixes in Mixbus, this would be sooo great!
But I guess it's not so simple to make it happen
Simple no... But not impossible
Mixbuss sound is UNDENIABLE... As a Reaper user I'm borderline jealous lol

I want to love and use Mixbuss. Even bought V6. But every time I try it I hit a wall, curse for like 5 minutes and head back to Reaper. Little things like selecting several tracks and lover the volume 1dB is a monumental task.

Harrison if you are listening: Consider what I proposed.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

41 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
We all know what a great workflow it has, my question is the sound. In Cubase if you add a UAD Studer plug in on every track and you use mostly third part plug ins, will the Mixbus still have a different sound over Cubase.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci ➡️
We all know what a great workflow it has, my question is the sound. In Cubase if you add a UAD Studer plug in on every track and you use mostly third part plug ins, will the Mixbus still have a different sound over Cubase.
Short answer is Yes, it would...

The tape analog saturation AFAIK is only on the bus groups. In the channels you have the channel strip with its own magic. I think a better comparison would be inserting a channel strip in every channel plus Studer or another tape in the bus Aux's + on the master. Mixbus tape saturation will sound different than studer though. The thing about mixbus is that it sounds very very good and the workflow is easy
Old 1 day ago
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I have regular Mixbus will there be a V7 Upgrade for us?
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci ➡️
It won’t sound the same as the Studer plugin, but even without processing Mixbus sounds better because many workstations have internal problems which include internal clipping, lacking dither stages in the DSP processing, insufficient ramping of DSP coefficients, multiple bit-depth/format conversions, out-of-control gain stages causing plugins to work outside their intended range, routing choices that cause latency/timing errors. Mixbus doesn’t have these errors and sounds more like a clean analog console, which is what it is modelled on.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
@ Andy : this plugin is very specifically for your lead vocal; it's not a general-purpose channelstrip.

We will have some more variants in the future ... likely including a straightforward channelstrip. I'm glad to hear that you are interested in that!

-Ben at Harrison
Hello.

was wondering if a straight forward channel strip is still on the cards
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…