AudioThing Things - Motor, Hainbach's Morphing Rotor Effect - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AudioThing Things - Motor, Hainbach's Morphing Rotor Effect
Old 26th March 2021
Lives for gear

I like Audiothing plugins too much to NOT buy it at that price - even if I don't see a use for it right now - I do like crazy plugins though.
Old 27th March 2021 | Show parent
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders ➡️
A multichannel plugin to get the original 16 channels of audio, or more, would be great. REAPER can do this, but I'm not sure about other DAW's.
That would be nice indeed, but sidechain is already a bit of a nightmare as each DAW has a different approach.
Old 27th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing ➡️
That would be nice indeed, but sidechain is already a bit of a nightmare as each DAW has a different approach.
It's not as difficult as you think, just needs a different angle, the simple way of achieving the 16 ins inside the spec of VST AAX etc, would be to create 16 mono send channels each with a "Motor" instance which then search for and link to other Motor instances, instance 1 becomes the processor and the other instances simply pass their samples to instance 1 to be processed without outputting the input audio stream to the channel.

Of course you'd have to have a group token as well so you can perform this trick more than once in a project, ie picking the next group number starts that Motor as a new instance 1 or processor. Pretty simple coding IMHO. (yes I know a kitten dies every time one says that!)
Old 2nd April 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragend ➡️
It's not as difficult as you think, just needs a different angle, the simple way of achieving the 16 ins inside the spec of VST AAX etc, would be to create 16 mono send channels each with a "Motor" instance which then search for and link to other Motor instances, instance 1 becomes the processor and the other instances simply pass their samples to instance 1 to be processed without outputting the input audio stream to the channel.

Of course you'd have to have a group token as well so you can perform this trick more than once in a project, ie picking the next group number starts that Motor as a new instance 1 or processor. Pretty simple coding IMHO. (yes I know a kitten dies every time one says that!)
Sounds like a great idea for a future expanded big-sibling plugin to me! Motorplex?
Old 3rd April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Fantstic plugin. Highly recommended. If only all plugin companies referenced Delia Derbyshire / BBC Radiophonic once in a while.

Don’t miss this one!
Gear Nut

Quote:
But I don't care about other DAW's!
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragend ➡️
It's not as difficult as you think, just needs a different angle
Sorry, I thought I replied to this comment, but probably forgot to hit reply.

So, as said, sidechain is already keeping us busy with customer support. Something that looks simple on one DAW might be a complete disaster on another. Customer support is definitely something we need to keep an eye on when planning new products.

For example, there are a lot of customers that have never used sidechain and don't know what to do.
Then, each DAW has its own quirks and people get confused when they see a video overview with a different DAW.

Pro Tools has mono only sidechain.
Live uses sidechain in different ways according to the version.
Logic Pro uses the current track as sidechain if no input is selected in the sidechain menu.
And so on...

Having the user create 16 sends etc... would be extreme
Old 4th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry, I thought I replied to this comment, but probably forgot to hit reply.

So, as said, sidechain is already keeping us busy with customer support. Something that looks simple on one DAW might be a complete disaster on another. Customer support is definitely something we need to keep an eye on when planning new products.

For example, there are a lot of customers that have never used sidechain and don't know what to do.
Then, each DAW has its own quirks and people get confused when they see a video overview with a different DAW.

Live uses sidechain in different ways according to the version.
Logic Pro uses the current track as sidechain if no input is selected in the sidechain menu.
And so on...

Having the user create 16 sends etc... would be extreme
Thinking about it you wouldn't need 16 sends, when you instantiate a Motor instance you pick in a pull down whether it's sending to another motor or it's a "master" (recipient from other tracks and processor of current track) Izotope's plugins communicate with each other for masking etc without using sidechain facilities.
Old 4th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Unbelievable To this day I've yet to hear a single compelling reason to use Pro Tools. Only reasons to avoid...

For all it's modesty, this is a really special little plugin. I'd love some more "things" just like this.

Try it on the master bus
Old 9th April 2021
Here for the gear

Brilliant idea!

A really great future addition would be the ability to shift the shape of transition wave.

It's really cool that you can adjust its phase by dragging left/right - but ability to also shift its shape while dragging up/down would be even cooler.

e.g. square wave seem little too harsh and clicky in some cases, having ability to soften its edges just a bit would really help sometimes...

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Things series and can't wait for more to come!
Old 9th April 2021
Here for the gear

Hainbach seems to be ubiquitous right now.
Old 10th April 2021 | Show parent
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundperson ➡️
Brilliant idea!

A really great future addition would be the ability to shift the shape of transition wave.

It's really cool that you can adjust its phase by dragging left/right - but ability to also shift its shape while dragging up/down would be even cooler.

e.g. square wave seem little too harsh and clicky in some cases, having ability to soften its edges just a bit would really help sometimes...

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Things series and can't wait for more to come!
You can change the waveform using the mouse wheel. Adding also dragging up/down might be a bit too confusing.

The waveforms are smoothed, but of course, with a square wave you might hear the sharp edges.
Here for the gear

Quote:
You can change the waveform using the mouse wheel. Adding also dragging up/down might be a bit too confusing.

The waveforms are smoothed, but of course, with a square wave you might hear the sharp edges.
Ah ok...

Just saying, if shifting the phase of each waveform isn't confusing, users would definitely handle "morphing" of each shape on the other axis of the same thing...

You shift by left/right, you morph by up/down... there are folks out there who would get it, trust me

Thanks
Here for the gear

Quote:
Ah ok...

Just saying, if shifting the phase of each waveform isn't confusing, users would definitely handle "morphing" of each shape on the other axis of the same thing...

You shift by left/right, you morph by up/down... there are folks out there who would get it, trust me

Thanks
Btw. I get that the current functionality at this price shouldn't leave any room for requests; I totally appreciate Motor as it is... also realising the amount of resources required to implement something that may seem easy at user end...

I'm just hoping that you'll consider expanding Motor's functionality in the future or decide to create another SC based product, focused on blending tracks with even more flexibility.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Btw. I get that the current functionality at this price shouldn't leave any room for requests; I totally appreciate Motor as it is... also realising the amount of resources required to implement something that may seem easy at user end...

I'm just hoping that you'll consider expanding Motor's functionality in the future or decide to create another SC based product, focused on blending tracks with even more flexibility.
Ah sure, we are always open to user feedback. We'll see in the future!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Installed this, and have messed around a bit. Ive already had $9 worth of entertainment, so I’m satisfied!
Gear Nut
Quote:
Ah sure, we are always open to user feedback. We'll see in the future!
THANK YOU FOR TILT!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thumbs up

Creates a nice movement on static sound.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Went to AudioThing’s site last night after getting an e-mail about a plugin sale.
I caught a good price on Type A and they threw in their Tilt EQ plugin for free as advertised.

Yeehaw. And after I bought the Type A they gave me an offer on the Type B that was too cheap to pass up.

I am a happy camper and finally have Audio Thing in my arsenal. Thanks guys.

Pat
AudioThing

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space1999 ➡️
I caught a good price on Type A and they threw in their Tilt EQ plugin for free as advertised.
Enjoy
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…