The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ML Sound Lab Amped CB4 plugin
Old 21st March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
ML Sound Lab Amped CB4 plugin

New amp sim from ML Sound Lab and Chris Baseford (mixer/producer/engineer for Nickelback, Rob Zombie, Tommy lee/Motley Crüe/ shinedown Avril Lavigne and tons of others) . I had a chance to work on the Beta version and make some presets for it. Modeled on the VH4 Chris has used on a ton of records

https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/am...4-full-license

Last edited by AJCruz; 21st March 2021 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 23rd March 2021
Gear Maniac

awsome
Old 23rd March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Fluff likes it!

Old 23rd March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks for posting . I'm very, very excited to finally be able to share this with the world. Hoping everyone else finds it as fun and inspiring to play through as I do.

C.BASEFORD
Old 24th March 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Better than previous releases. Hope some older products could be upgraded into the new "Vorna Amp Modeling".
Old 24th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Mikko has mentioned implementing Vorna into updates to the older releases once they are able to add on the other features people have been requesting (tuner, midi switching, etc.). So it will be coming, just a matter of time.

C.
Old 26th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm a fan of the Diezel VH4 so I enjoyed testing this last night. I used DDMF Metaplugin to wrap it so I could use it in Pro Tools. I was impressed by this sim and I'm going to test it some more tonight.
Old 30th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks Matt. Let us know what you think Unfortunately there's some technical reason as to why ML hasn't done a windows AAX and I've already had a few people ask why no PC protools. So please let me know how it works with that wrapper so I have something to suggest people who inquire in the future. Hope you dig the plugin

C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Allison ➡️
I'm a fan of the Diezel VH4 so I enjoyed testing this last night. I used DDMF Metaplugin to wrap it so I could use it in Pro Tools. I was impressed by this sim and I'm going to test it some more tonight.
Old 30th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi Chris- yes it worked great using the wrapper in Pro Tools on PC. And the sim is definitely aces; I'm sure the reviews will be excellent
Old 31st March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Sounds great so far; as i´m checking the soldano and gojira in parallel the cb4 plays nicely along them. Good work and a step up from the latest!
Old 1st April 2021
Here for the gear

It's indeed a nice sim. But I'd like to know why the output is so high. I have to keep both the volume of e.g. channel 4 to a minimum and also the output, compared to other sims, even ML's other, earlier sims apart from the Plexi. Both CB4 and the Plexi have very high outputs. Why?
Old 1st April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Lux ➡️
It's indeed a nice sim. But I'd like to know why the output is so high. I have to keep both the volume of e.g. channel 4 to a minimum and also the output, compared to other sims, even ML's other, earlier sims apart from the Plexi. Both CB4 and the Plexi have very high outputs. Why?
Louder is better

But seriously, some of the Amplitube 5 presets have high output too and I end up having to turn those down too. Quite annoying.
Old 2nd April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
That's strange. Can you explain your setup a little more? This is the first I've heard of anyone having an issue with the output being too hot. If you checkout my walkthrough video on YouTube, you can see where I have things set and the level is right where it should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KuFvF7uxig&t=1224s
Old 2nd April 2021
Here for the gear

I run CB4 (and other amps) on the insert FX of a track in reaper with external IR's running through Redwires' MixIR3. There's a noticeable difference in output volume on the CB4 and Plexi compared to all other amps. However, when I run CB4 and the Plexi in standalone mode they behave more as expected and I don't have to turn down the outputs to a minimum on neither amp. Something seems to happen when the cab sections on both amps are turned off, which they are set to when I run them trough Reaper. In standalone mode I run external IR:s through the actual cab sections of both amps.
Old 5th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Gotcha. So you're strictly speaking about the level when the cabinet section (IR's) aren't being used on the Amped plugin. I'll check into it on my rig as well. Have you filed a support ticket with ML Sound Lab already?
Old 9th April 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeBase ➡️
Gotcha. So you're strictly speaking about the level when the cabinet section (IR's) aren't being used on the Amped plugin. I'll check into it on my rig as well. Have you filed a support ticket with ML Sound Lab already?
Sorry, no, I haven't.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…