Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for - Page 59 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
Nice! By chance to you guys get to revisit the DT 880 Pro?
Yes, but we need one from a different batch!
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
Yes, but we need one from a different batch!
Thank you! Hoping you get one soon. For now, I'm adding a touch of bass using reference pro.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish ➡️
Black version, please..
Isn't that the edition profile?
Old 3 days ago
GS Community Manager

The two threads in Music Computers will come back after moderators have had a go at them, hopefully within the next day or two. Let’s please keep this thread on-topic. Thanks.

Update: threads restored.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmwpg ➡️
This message has been deleted by Whitecat. Reason: need to keep this thread on topic - this isn't the place for discussion

Oh cool. Where’s the thread we can discuss Nebula issues? I’ll happily post there instead.
the main Nebula thread has been reopened.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head
Just got a pair of Focal Clears and I was wondering if there will be an updated profile for these anytime soon? Because I really don't fancy the headphone correction for this profile. I'll rather use the Clear without HP correction and add EQ manually myself if I'm going to continue using Sienna.

So I share the same experience as @ ajscent posted almost two months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent ➡️
done me first track mix on a pair of focal clears with sienna - didnt use the focal clear correction as i didnt like it at all

used the spitfire sir800 e room mostly and the hog anteres e room - both had the big speakers which drew me in to the look of them

tried out my mix on some PMC and ns10 monitors today and both sound good - sounds diff to how i would normaly do it - more bassy

think it sounds nice

will buy this plug prob - the design is really nice - acustica always make things look like really nice
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Any plans to support the HiFiMan Arya (the latest Arya revision)?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyohmy ➡️
Just got a pair of Focal Clears and I was wondering if there will be an updated profile for these anytime soon? Because I really don't fancy the headphone correction for this profile. I'll rather use the Clear without HP correction and add EQ manually myself if I'm going to continue using Sienna.

So I share the same experience as @ ajscent posted almost two months ago.
We profiled the clear pro. I think we miss it (clear not pro). Try elear profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip ➡️
Any plans to support the HiFiMan Arya (the latest Arya revision)?
Yes but if you own then it makes a sense you send them (if you are not too much distant from Italy). Generally we pay expedition costs
Gear Head
Quote:
We profiled the clear pro. I think we miss it (clear not pro). Try elear profile
Well the difference between Focal Clear and Clear Pro is only the color and the accessories (cables) so I would have thought the profile would have match the clear cans pretty well, but are there any plans on profiling the Clear version in the near future?

In the meantime I'll be using these oratory1990 EQ settings before going into Guru:
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Aut.../Focal%20Clear
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the explanation, we actually haven't had a couple of (non pro) clears in the office yet.
Have you tried to verify that you simply don't like the target strategy?
Make the correction in reference and not in sienna rooms separately, with the magicQ to the left. Some people expect such a target.
Another tip is to use reference pro with profile 2 instead (reference pro is in the guru package). Some people have a narrower ear canal and need to soften the 3.5 kHz area. I belong to this category, even if I got used to profile 1, which is the default.

Btw oratory is still based on gras assessment, but using a different ear canal. So profile 2 could be the key
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
Isn't that the edition profile?
No, it's not: https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com...t880-black-se/
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation, we actually haven't had a couple of (non pro) clears in the office yet.
Make the correction in reference and not in sienna rooms separately, with the magicQ to the left. Some people expect such a target.
Another tip is to use reference pro with profile 2 instead (reference pro is in the guru package). Some people have a narrower ear canal and need to soften the 3.5 kHz area. I belong to this category, even if I got used to profile 1, which is the default.

Btw oratory is still based on gras assessment, but using a different ear canal. So profile 2 could be the key
This would be even more awesome with the option of personalised HRTF being added, maybe in a future update.

Any plans for this. Cheers.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish ➡️
Ah, I thought it was this version: https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-.../dp/B079P9H1SH
Gear Head
Quote:

Thanks for this great reply!
Yeah I'm going to explore the profile sections in Reference pro, I just assumed they were x1.5 and 2 values for the MagicQ knob, which didn't make much sense to me
Cause I do have narrow ear canals, so that might be a beneficial move.
+1 to personalized HRTF in the future, like @ Neptune45 mentioned.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yes we found that there are at least two production batches, with a completely different sound. We profiled the most recent one (the headphones are from a store and are an unsold product)
Quite possible. I bought my HD800 very early on, and they sound very weird even with the "smooth" profile, while the older Sonarworks profile ( which was probably measured using an earlier batch) sounds quite decent, not great, but still feels more "normal" to me.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usgggg ➡️

On a negative note I hear some static noises on; hog antares e((room).

Unfortunately a few other room presets seem to have this problem.

Hope you guys can fix this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabs ➡️
Hello everyone,(new here)

I'm testing Sienna right now, and I'm surprised because I hear slight crackling in some rooms (VST3 in cubase) it's not digital click, I placed rx7 de-click after Sienna rooms, but it doesn't change anything!?!
Do other users have the same problem? confus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpga ➡️
Same here Mac OS X Catalina 18 core 128 ram Logic Pro x 1024 buffer it’s like having a smal campfire in the background.

Not in referenc only in room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabs ➡️
Indeed, with buffers of 256 or less, it cracks!
I have just redone a test, above 512 all is correct, except 3 rooms ( SUN 118, VEGA 3, HOG ANTARES ) or even with buffer at 2048, I have the impression to listen to an old vinyl which cracks! ( it's light, but very real ! ) fortunately, the other rooms don't pose any problem.
apart from that, I'm impressed by this plugin which seems to me even better than Slate VSX, which I thought was very good.
I'm seeing the same issue I think, in these room presets only: Acustica SUN118 (E), Acustica VEGA3 (E), HOG ANTARES7 (E), HOG ANTARES 7, HOG SUN218 (E).

What I've found is if I just save the preset to one of the favourite slots (or to a preset in Logic) and reload it, the crackling stops.

I found an easy way to replicate the issue is to just put Logic's test oscillator on a channel and pan it hard left then load any of the above presets. I can do a similar thing in Reaper too with the same results. If I leave the test signal panned centrally there's no issue, so presumably it's related to the sides signal in some way.

Anyway this is not a big deal, I've just worked around it by saving my own version of these presets in case I want to use them when checking for translation. I bought Sienna and am very happy with it, I'm just curious if others are seeing the same thing. I filed a ticket and made a video but support couldn't replicate it.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…