Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for - Page 58 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes it is annoying. But the traffic would be the same: things are downloaded just once and incrementally
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Well... I've just purchased it right now.
My first Acustica plugin (apart from the free ones)
I've always been a Waves and Brainworx fanboy, but since I found Sienna I'm starting to look also at the Channel strips... maybe in the near future.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Sienna sounds fantastic here with the AKG 702 Smooth Profile!
Any chance of doing a profile for the Stax SR-Lambda Pro somewhere down the road?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Sorry, one more Question: Do you plan of doing a 5.1 System?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by androlic ➡️
Sorry, one more Question: Do you plan of doing a 5.1 System?
The good news, everything was sampled for 5.1
Anyway, atm it is tailored to headphones, and they are stereo devices
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Is the hifiman 400i the 2020 model? Don't know how similar they sound to the original, but I see you can get a open box one for $139 straight from the manufacturer. Seems like a pretty good deal for a planar
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplay ➡️
Is the hifiman 400i the 2020 model? Don't know how similar they sound to the original, but I see you can get a open box one for $139 straight from the manufacturer. Seems like a pretty good deal for a planar
It's a 2021 model
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
It's a 2021 model
Thanks, just ordered a pair As I understand they did a revision in 2020, so there's the original and the 2020 model. Recently they also released the 400se to make it even more confusing, lol.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Circumstances leave me in a tiny room 6ft3" x 5'9". One end tapers to 4ft.
I have 5" Yamaha monitors I can use very quietly and that's ok for some tasks.
I got to thinking that they are a quite like headphones as they are only 2ft 6" apart and I'm not far away.
Using Sienna (different settings than with headphones) I can push them further away and make them and my tiny room bigger... or turn them into a tiny radio, just like my headphones. Happy days!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
We've released a new Sienna update with some new profiles!

BEYERDYNAMIC DT 801: These are the headphones that came from my personal recording studio, and they are the headphones I used in the 90s. Surprisingly they are pretty good, came out a very balanced profile.
SENNHEISER HD800: These are the most requested headphones of the last period, and they sound really good. The profile is very balanced, even in the high frequencies. I still prefer the magnetic planar, but the low frequencies are very nice. I made comparisons with other headphone correction software and preferred our profile
SHURE SHR 840: It turned out to be a pretty balanced profile. I don't hear any particular difference from the 940
BEYERDYNAMIC DT250 80OHM: the profile is balanced, but they tend to distort easily especially in the low frequencies. If you have the choice use another headphone
STAX SRX MK3: like all Stax headphones, measuring them is very complicated. Moreover, the models that have survived often have countless problems. I am very surprised to read that other correction software have surveyed so many models since we can recover these headphones with extreme difficulty and every time we lose several hours to make the system work. Moreover, they tend not to have low frequencies, so the profile is usually quite complicated to obtain. This model has a lot of detail, in my opinion, is balanced but I tend to perceive slightly weak low frequencies, despite the correction. Anyway, it is a great product, although incredibly uncomfortable and not very portable (they need their own amplifier).
Gear Head

Quote:
We've released a new Sienna update with some new profiles!

BEYERDYNAMIC DT 801: These are the headphones that came from my personal recording studio, and they are the headphones I used in the 90s. Surprisingly they are pretty good, came out a very balanced profile.
SENNHEISER HD800: These are the most requested headphones of the last period, and they sound really good. The profile is very balanced, even in the high frequencies. I still prefer the magnetic planar, but the low frequencies are very nice. I made comparisons with other headphone correction software and preferred our profile
SHURE SHR 840: It turned out to be a pretty balanced profile. I don't hear any particular difference from the 940
BEYERDYNAMIC DT250 80OHM: the profile is balanced, but they tend to distort easily especially in the low frequencies. If you have the choice use another headphone
STAX SRX MK3: like all Stax headphones, measuring them is very complicated. Moreover, the models that have survived often have countless problems. I am very surprised to read that other correction software have surveyed so many models since we can recover these headphones with extreme difficulty and every time we lose several hours to make the system work. Moreover, they tend not to have low frequencies, so the profile is usually quite complicated to obtain. This model has a lot of detail, in my opinion, is balanced but I tend to perceive slightly weak low frequencies, despite the correction. Anyway, it is a great product, although incredibly uncomfortable and not very portable (they need their own amplifier).
Sorry to say that after installing the update the Beyerdynamic DT250 no longer work in Reference - no signal is passed at all. The phones are shown twice in the HP list but no mention of ohms. Both are ticked. If I try to change to something else Logic Pro freezes and I have to force quit. (Mojave 10.14.6, Logic latest version).
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lambert ➡️
Sorry to say that after installing the update the Beyerdynamic DT250 no longer work in Reference - no signal is passed at all. The phones are shown twice in the HP list but no mention of ohms. Both are ticked. If I try to change to something else Logic Pro freezes and I have to force quit. (Mojave 10.14.6, Logic latest version).
You can roll back to the previous release from the Aquarius "updates" page for a quick fix, but I recommend you opening a ticket to our support so they can find the cause.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
You can roll back to the previous release from the Aquarius "updates" page for a quick fix, but I recommend you opening a ticket to our support so they can find the cause.
Thanks. Ticket opened.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lambert ➡️
Thanks. Ticket opened.
Thank you Mike, much appreciated.
Here for the gear

What happened to the IMPATTO studio?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
There's something strange with this profile, there are 2 of them labeled HD800, and selecting one selects both at the same time. Maybe it's just duplicated twice ? I don't hear a difference between the 2 profiles anyway.

EDIT : ok, this issue only appears in Reference Pro ,and not in Guru ( only one HD800 appears). It looks like it's just an UI bug in Reference

EDIT 2 : after a bit of listeing to commercial songs I know well ( only with Reference, no speaker simulation ), something's wrong going on in the 5k to 8K or so.. Any vocals are painfully sibilant, much more than with no correction at all. Which is strange, knowing that this region is already exagerated on HD800 and all correction software try to tame that, while on Reference it seems to be exagerated even more ...

Last edited by spaceman; 1 week ago at 02:17 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yesterday a user in a group reported the same problem, so I guess there are multiple versions of HD800s out there.
Ours sounded absolutely correct, extremely balanced. If you look at the correction, moreover, is really minimal in that region (and it is a correction live in positive)

We'll check it once again
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
New update, we added a profile:

SENNHEISER HD800 SMOOTH: Yesterday we released a profile for these headphones and it is absolutely balanced for the headphones that we have. The profile provides a positive correction in a range above 5khz which corresponds to a depression of the headphone for some ear canals. Today we repeated the measurement taking into account all combinations of ear profiles, adopting a measurement technique with multiple measurement systems (with multiple configurations of the ear canal: in addition to this consider that in the company we also (GRAS apart) have two other measurement systems with various sizes and lengths of the ear canal, for example, a KU100 system and a cheap Minidsp one) and we made an average. The profile is definitely softer in that region and should also take into account earphones from different lots. In any case, we will continue the search for HD800 to see if we can get our hands-on headphones from a different batch because I suspect they behave differently in that region.
To be on the safe side, as usual, we compared the profile with other calibration systems and saw that they tend to subtract a lot in those regions, but we verified that our headphones with those corrections become unusable (missing high frequencies completely).
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono45 ➡️
What happened to the IMPATTO studio?
Sometimes we give a beta or pre-release version to reviewers and magazines so they have time to prepare the material (that's why in some videos and magazines it is shown) The final version does not include it, but it may be included in the future.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Sometimes we give a beta or pre-release version to reviewers and magazines so they have time to prepare the material (that's why in some videos and magazines it is shown) The final version does not include it, but it may be included in the future.
Alright 👍
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep ➡️
Thanks for reviewing the DT 880 Pro profile and releasing the update.

The top end is much better now, much smoother.

My first impression is that the low end doesn't sound as good though, the bass sounded better with the "wrong" profile! With Magic Q all the way off it doesn't sound like there is a bass boost at all but my 880 Pros definitely need some bass boost.
Agreed that the low end on the 880 Pros are lacking. @ zaphod could you have a look at this? The 880 Edition profile's low end is much more noticeable.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
We'll check it
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
New update, we added a profile:

SENNHEISER HD800 SMOOTH: Yesterday we released a profile for these headphones and it is absolutely balanced for the headphones that we have. The profile provides a positive correction in a range above 5khz which corresponds to a depression of the headphone for some ear canals. Today we repeated the measurement taking into account all combinations of ear profiles, adopting a measurement technique with multiple measurement systems (with multiple configurations of the ear canal: in addition to this consider that in the company we also (GRAS apart) have two other measurement systems with various sizes and lengths of the ear canal, for example, a KU100 system and a cheap Minidsp one) and we made an average. The profile is definitely softer in that region and should also take into account earphones from different lots. In any case, we will continue the search for HD800 to see if we can get our hands-on headphones from a different batch because I suspect they behave differently in that region.
To be on the safe side, as usual, we compared the profile with other calibration systems and saw that they tend to subtract a lot in those regions, but we verified that our headphones with those corrections become unusable (missing high frequencies completely).
I remember seeing some HD800 headphone graph on a website long ago (headroom was the site I believe it was), that there was "HD800" as a model, but then there was also "HD800 + some year (201x something?). I remember it was before HD800S was launched, so I think it hints that there may have indeed been some variation within HD800 batches? So basically there were two different graphs for HD800 on the website.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yes we found that there are at least two production batches, with a completely different sound. We profiled the most recent one (the headphones are from a store and are an unsold product)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I am trying to use Sienna to help master classical music, any recommendations as to the best settings (vol. A) to use?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Really enjoying using this plugin with my 650's. I just wish a zero latency version could be released as I'd love to use it when I'm recording and producing. You've so much going on but would love to know if this is something you're planning on releasing? Would love to be a tester if so. Many thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
First comparing VSX 2.0 and Sienna A tonight, of course with a proper bottle of red wine.. But hey, I'm so glad I've jumped on the Sienna-train, there's no going back - VSX 2.0 is good but it sounds artificial to me. Sienna has that intimacy and liveliness in the sound. Gotta love it!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
We have released a new version of Sienna with many new profiles!
- FOCAL ELEAR: very balanced headphones not too different from the Clear. Compared to the Clear Pro MG the low frequencies tend to distort a bit
- FOCAL SPHEAR: these are in-ear monitors and we sampled them with two different sets of foam. They sounded very good but I had a hard time getting them to adhere perfectly to the ear canal. When they adhere perfectly the low frequencies are fantastic.
- SHURE SE535: These are in-ear that required a very small adjustment, but it is very difficult to make them adhere to the ear canal. For this reason, it is difficult to perceive the low frequencies in the correct way.
- AUDIOTECHNICA ATH 910 PRO: they tend to be very balanced, but can be really distorted in low frequencies
- SENNHEISER HD518: headphones that tend to sound extremely correct but the low frequencies tend to distort very easily compared to other headphones of the same manufacturer
- AIAIAI CAPITAL: have a slightly muffled and cheap sound, but are quite balanced
- AUDIOTECHNICA M20: the correction curve is very good but they have little detail
- ULTRASONE PRO550: sound a bit nasal, with strange bass and slightly high-pitched. In any case, the correction improves it a lot
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
We have released a new version of Sienna with many new profiles!
- FOCAL ELEAR: very balanced headphones not too different from the Clear. Compared to the Clear Pro MG the low frequencies tend to distort a bit
- FOCAL SPHEAR: these are in-ear monitors and we sampled them with two different sets of foam. They sounded very good but I had a hard time getting them to adhere perfectly to the ear canal. When they adhere perfectly the low frequencies are fantastic.
- SHURE SE535: These are in-ear that required a very small adjustment, but it is very difficult to make them adhere to the ear canal. For this reason, it is difficult to perceive the low frequencies in the correct way.
- AUDIOTECHNICA ATH 910 PRO: they tend to be very balanced, but can be really distorted in low frequencies
- SENNHEISER HD518: headphones that tend to sound extremely correct but the low frequencies tend to distort very easily compared to other headphones of the same manufacturer
- AIAIAI CAPITAL: have a slightly muffled and cheap sound, but are quite balanced
- AUDIOTECHNICA M20: the correction curve is very good but they have little detail
- ULTRASONE PRO550: sound a bit nasal, with strange bass and slightly high-pitched. In any case, the correction improves it a lot
Nice! By chance to you guys get to revisit the DT 880 Pro?
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheNSA ➡️
Nice! By chance to you guys get to revisit the DT 880 Pro?
Black version, please..
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…