Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for - Page 50 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica intros Sienna: ‘The’ headphone mixing plugin you were waiting for
Old 11th April 2021 | Show parent
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by victortrumpet ➡️
Hi y'all--I have a 2015 MacBook Pro laptop with Catalina and I'm using Logic and I have now installed and reinstalled all the Sienna Rooms and Guru and I get pops and crackles during playback when I have any of the Sienna rooms enabled. I have the trial version. It has been happening since the first install (which is why I uninstalled and reinstalled it). Any ideas of how to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help!
Hi Victor, try setting the buffer size to 1024ms in Logic and see if that helps. Please contact our support just in case.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
Hi Victor, try setting the buffer size to 1024ms in Logic and see if that helps. Please contact our support just in case.
That fixed it! Thanks for your help.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10bd01 ➡️
I have no desire to be negative, I'm just finally calling out what I've seen for years now. And not every criticism is trolling, btw. I don't have the same experiences with Cubase that you and others seem to have, so I'm not entirely sure what reputation you're talking about. I have no reason to assume you have a relationship with Acustica, as you don't match the profile of other individuals who appear to have one.
All you have is your opinion, which contradicts the thousands of happy AA users, and is is not the slightest bit fact. Don't stress, you don't have to use these tools. Focus all that 10 y o patronising energy into your next mix. It will probably be terrible.
Old 11th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
This I think is the best attitude towards any commercial product, be it a car or the music produced by a band.
It's almost impossible for a brand to please everyone, or to produce music that appeals to everyone. True, there are some things that are more universal, but sooner or later you're going to have splits. Take Apple's phones for example. For some people they are the best phones on the planet, for others they will be absolute evil.
The secret to living a happy life is to focus on the things we like, avoiding asking too many questions about the things that are successful but we don't understand. In fact, we may fall into a spiral where we spend our time criticizing people just because they like something we don't like. This turns into a pointless crusade, taking away all our energy, which we could instead use for the creative process.
Others will often like things we don't understand. We can't help it. Some things will be intolerable to us, but that won't make them stop existing. Absurdly enough, the fury towards something we don't like can contribute to its success, because as I always say, love and hate are two sides of the same coin: both bring attention to a product and in some way contribute to its commercial success.
The best strategy, when we don't like something, is instead to move forward giving space to the things we like, contributing to a positive climate towards them. In a harsh law of the market, if something different works, the thing we don't like will probably have less room to expand.

Let me give a practical example with this product: an exaggeratedly negative comment leads us to prioritize a problem that we might have underestimated. In this specific case, it even casually led another user to direct us to a solution. Among other things, it was a difficult solution to find, since in none of our computers does the problem seem to be replicable, and absurdly, not even in Steinbeerg's computers.
In this case, the only result we had was to have a problem solved, while at the same time the product received attention from others. This contributed to the hype, and indirectly to the solution of a problem that perhaps would have received a slower solution. That solution will now be one more reason to purchase the product. The real correct negative attitude would have been silence. No hype, no solution.
Game theory.
Old 11th April 2021
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Good point and productive attitude, zaphod. Like Louis Armstrong said, "there is no such thing as bad publicity."
Old 11th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The profiles of the Sony 7506 dip the 3k and 4k peaks too much I think. Have to see how far the plugin goes with bypassing the frequency correction of my Sonys. I am testing Sienna with the reference file which is provided by Fab Dupont within his How to Listen Reference Edition tutorial. The file has an increase at 3k on the vocal since he mixed the song on monitors he didn´t know. I do have trouble now finding a preset that translates the 3k problem in this song. Didn´t expect to have any trouble in the midrange with Sienna, to be honest.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllubi ➡️
The profiles of the Sony 7506 dip the 3k and 4k peaks too much I think. Have to see how far the plugin goes with bypassing the frequency correction of my Sonys. I am testing Sienna with the reference file which is provided by Fab Dupont within his How to Listen Reference Edition tutorial. The file has an increase at 3k on the vocal since he mixed the song on monitors he didn´t know. I do have trouble now finding a preset that translates the 3k problem in this song. Didn´t expect to have any trouble in the midrange with Sienna, to be honest.
If you take sienna as the final set (rooms + reference) you'll have a similar result to the MDRs, which try to have this mix feel in the headphones as if they were speakers. In fact, sienna rooms subtracts exactly 3k and 4k (boosting lows and 5k), cancelling the operation. Clearly we can be more precise than what you can do with the physical correction of a pair of headphones, so we have a curve (they are close but not exactly the same)
But as I was saying a few days ago, if I take a spitfire room and add the correction for Sony, the end result is in the same ballpark as Sony without correction, because they both have this strategy.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Finally I got to test it on actual mix/production and with great results! Also translation is real. (with dt1990)

I like that different rooms give different perspectives, and I was able to EQ out ringing bass freqs which I had trouble before.

Running it with logic10.6.1+bigsur+M1 and it works under Rosetta2, but changing presets cause system overload. Otherwise it works fine.

So waiting a native version for my problematic setup and standalone version(?)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➡️
If you take sienna as the final set (rooms + reference) you'll have a similar result to the MDRs, which try to have this mix feel in the headphones as if they were speakers. In fact, sienna rooms subtracts exactly 3k and 4k (boosting lows and 5k), cancelling the operation. Clearly we can be more precise than what you can do with the physical correction of a pair of headphones, so we have a curve (they are close but not exactly the same)
But as I was saying a few days ago, if I take a spitfire room and add the correction for Sony, the end result is in the same ballpark as Sony without correction, because they both have this strategy.
I will try to explain the strategy behind the file Fab Dupont provides in his tutorial. He uses the mentioned file himself as a reference when he works in rooms he doesn´t know. It is sibilant on some words which a room should reveal. The file has a 3k mistake in one word too which can be used to see if a monitor hides it or overemphasizes it. I didn´t have problems finding the mistake in Vol C in the car profile since it enforced it. While the other room profiles seem to hide it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Has there been any updates on possible 1) Preset management system update? 2) systemwide application? These are pretty huge things going forward and I hope there will be some plans on those soon.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

After having got it to work for a few days on my system, I really like the rooms in this (Volumes A and B).

However for me Volume C seems quite poor and I think Sonarworks SoundID is much better for those kinds of references.

Think I'll end up getting Volumes A and B but pass on C for this reason as I have all ready upgraded SW Ref4 to SoundID and those reference profiles sound way more realistic than what's in Volume C (even with prefection slider all the way to the left - for me no setting or tweaking gets the reference sounds sounding like what they are supposed to be).
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
everyone has different visions, volume C is the one that has received more success at the moment and is also the package that I prefer.
The strong point is the phase in the emulations, especially those in the anechoic chamber.
The problem is not having an equalization curve similar to that of the speakers, but their behavior in phase, their way of reacting to transients. Among other things, volume C contains an emulation of listening in a car (considered perhaps the most useful "room" in our Facebook group), and two very expensive hi-fi systems, which in turn allow discovering errors of various kinds.
Considerations aside, I do appreciate that someone does not buy a package in favor of others. This gives back a sense to our subdivision: as I said at the beginning, not everybody needs everything.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
everyone has different visions, volume C is the one that has received more success at the moment and is also the package that I prefer.
The strong point is the phase in the emulations, especially those in the anechoic chamber.
The problem is not having an equalization curve similar to that of the speakers, but their behavior in phase, their way of reacting to transients. Among other things, volume C contains an emulation of listening in a car (considered perhaps the most useful "room" in our Facebook group), and two very expensive hi-fi systems, which in turn allow discovering errors of various kinds.
Considerations aside, I do appreciate that someone does not buy a package in favor of others. This gives back a sense to our subdivision: as I said at the beginning, not everybody needs everything.
Totally true. For me for instance, I picked up only Volume A because it is such a nice compliment to VSX. Not only does it sound great with the VSX phones, Sienna has made my 650s and even M50s usable for mixing which is awesome.

VSX is still my main environment and it includes enough translation targets for me that I don't need to go beyond Volume A.

I must thank you for adopting the volume based strategy because you truly did give your users the option of picking what works for them. If I did not have VSX, I would have almost surely picked up Volume C as well.

Great product and at least from my perspective, great sales strategy. Very happy customer here.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy ➡️

I must thank you for adopting the volume based strategy because you truly did give your users the option of picking what works for them.
Totally second this. Great job and I am still testing Volume C to see whether I will add it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The latest update has completely broken Sienna in Reaper 6, Big Sur.
VST3 just doesn't do anything when you turn a dial or sent presets/headphones act and the VST version hard crashes Reaper.

Also...

All the speakers, in fact everything from Vol B and C has vanished...

Edit: My presets I created are also no longer there :(

Last edited by BigSmo; 4 weeks ago at 12:38 AM.. Reason: Update
Gear Head
Quote:
I need eveything, including volume D
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo ➡️
VST3 just doesn't do anything when you turn a dial or sent presets/headphones act and the VST version hard crashes Reaper.

Also...

You can roll back to the previous release from the Aquarius updates tab. It shouldn't affect the presets files.
Hi! If I remember correctly from this thread, we are going to get a detailed documentation about Sienna product line in the future. Is there a date when we can expect it?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_After ➡️
Hi! If I remember correctly from this thread, we are going to get a detailed documentation about Sienna product line in the future. Is there a date when we can expect it?
Yeah - that would be helpful - especially for all the Guru settings.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM ➡️
You can roll back to the previous release from the Aquarius updates tab. It shouldn't affect the presets files.
Hello, thanks, I rolled back and all is fine.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo ➡️

Also...

Usually this kind of error happens when you update one package but not the others. In this case just make sure that everything is updated in the updates page.
In the future we will make this step automatic

If something goes wrong, however, you can install the product from scratch in the purchased page.
Lives for gear

Quote:
If something goes wrong, however, you can install the product from scratch in the purchased page.
Yeah - I think it's vital to always keep and archive installers so people can have the option of rolling back. It always annoys me when some companies neglect making this crucial option available.

So thanks for that.
Acustica Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_After ➡️
Yes, more info will be added soon.
Old 4 weeks ago
Acustica Audio

Sienna Reference Pro

Just released
The Sienna Reference Pro is an alternative version of the Sienna Reference with some additional features.
This plug-in works by correcting the frequency response of your headphones in the same way as the 'Standard' version but also introduces a filtering section to 'customize' the headphone correction using a number of exclusive controls to satisfy even the most demanding users.

NOTE: To install the Sienna Reference Pro product you must update to the latest Sienna version (Tool) and install/update Sienna Guru (Tool).

The new features included in Sienna Reference Pro are:

- Low Shelf +-6 dB at 50 Hz (fixed frequency);
- High Shelf +- 6dB at 10 kHz fixed frequency;
- Correction profile selection: 1 (identical to Sienna Reference), 1.5, 2 and J;
The Equalisation allows you to soften the correction curve that is loaded by selecting the headphone emulation. More details in the 'Controls' section.

Controls:
Low: Low-Shelf - Approx 50 Hz; +-6 dB (to use the filter section only, select correction profile '1')
OFF button: by pressing this button to bypass the EQ section
1 button: Correction profile 1, which is equivalent to the Sienna Reference 'Standard' correction.
1.5 button: Correction profile 1.5, introducing a 1.5 dB cut at 3.5 kHz.
2 button: correction profile 2, introducing a 3 dB cut at 3.5 kHz.
J button: J correction profile, introduces a 0.5 dB cut at 6.5 kHz.
High: High-Shelf - Approx. 10 kHz; +-6 dB (to use only the filter section select correction profile '1')
Old 4 weeks ago
Acustica Audio

The profiled headphone list has also been updated: https://www.sienna.studio/headphones/
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
We have released a new version of Sienna. It is very important when we release updates to update all Sienna packages. For example, if you update GURU you have to update package A as well.

We've also added a few more headphone profiles, namely
AKG K872: these are very expensive headphones, the profile is very balanced but lower than that seen for the K812, which were open headphones.
GRADO SR60E: the profile is quite balanced. Like all the Grados, the treble tends to be slightly fatiguing, and the low frequencies are very present
BEYERDYNAMIC CUSTOM PRO: came out a very balanced profile, despite the fact that the headphones tend to be very bright. Compared to other headphones, the sound tends to be a bit cheap.
SHURE SHR 940: came out with a pretty balanced profile
ULTRASONE 2900 PRO: compared to other ULTRASONE's they don't go into distortion, but the sound tends to be a bit cheap compared to other headphones
AUDIOTECHNICA ATH M50x5 SMT: we added a smooth profile to the previous profile. It is much less loaded with low frequencies, more balanced, and the treble more pleasant.
SENNHEISER HD598: a balanced profile, similar to what we had for HD598SE
SENNHEISER HD595: a balanced profile, not too far from the HD598
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
It is very important when we release updates to update all Sienna packages. For example, if you update GURU you have to update package A as well.
Just installed the new Sienna and Guru. I don't see new updates in Aquarius for Vol. B and C. Do I need to reinstall them now from previous versions, or are those updates upcoming or even necessary to work with the new Sienna? Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It means everything is updated!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The 3k boost in the Fab Dupont file appears now in rooms where it disappeared previously. Interesting.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Very good
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…