TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES - Page 33 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheever ➡️
I still haven't heard from TC about my MD4 purchase. It's been 24 hours. I need to get back to work.

Bah!
Did you ever get it? I've been waiting 3 days and now an additional day since I have contacted music tribe with no response. This is really becoming a hassle.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Prod ➡️
Did you ever get it? I've been waiting 3 days and now an additional day since I have contacted music tribe with no response. This is really becoming a hassle.
Yes, I did. (I posted about it above.) I got an email first thing Monday morning, saying they had deposited the key. It was clearly written by a person.

Did you send support the message through the "pre sales" link?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Or not !
+1
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yes, I did. (I posted about it above.) I got an email first thing Monday morning, saying they had deposited the key. It was clearly written by a person.

Did you send support the message through the "pre sales" link?
Yes I did. Hopefully I hear back soon
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

The MD3 Native is apparently not a 1:1 port from the original 6000. Check out this short 4 min video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IilCfggZ9i4

EDIT: If you look at the post underneath the video someone explains about the different chips used etc which is apparently the reason why. (Disclaimer - I am not a computer programmer myself).

Also I am demoing the MD4 HD Native atm and really liking it so far. Probably going to also demo the VSS4 HD Native.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
The MD3 Native is apparently not a 1:1 port from the original 6000. Check out this short 4 min video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IilCfggZ9i4

EDIT: If you look at the post underneath the video someone explains about the different chips used etc which is apparently the reason why. (Disclaimer - I am not a computer programmer myself).

Also I am demoing the MD4 HD Native atm and really liking it so far. Probably going to also demo the VSS4 HD Native.
Yes nothing beats his powercore apart from the native vss3 I think...
But then he needs to keep his usp for his mastering services and something to talk about etc.

From Friedemann Tidchmeyer”

Powercore is based on 150MHz Motorola DSP’s that operate in the 24-bit integer format. Depending on the plugin the resolution goes up to 48-bit integer. The 24-bit integer format is the only negative point as it does not operate on the basis of 32-bit floating point format like UAD.
PowerCore’s input can only handle 24-bit signals, even when internally calculated at 48-bit integer, as is the case with the MD3 software.“

Good to hear your thoughts on VSS4 HD.
Lives for gear

Quote:

Downloaded it and activated the iLok trial. I'll be giving it a go later on and I'll let you know tomorrow. I've heard good things about it so I am going in with high expectations.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Update for those following the customer service issues. I did finally receive my license today (6 days after purchase). I love T.C Electronics products. The method of online purchase is really unfortunate for a company that has been so great for decades.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

i was just ready to shell out the 250 us for MD4, then I saw that I have to pay German tax on top. Thats nearly 300 us... puhh I think I will wait for a Black Friday sale. I really only use the EQ and Multiband Comp and especially for the EQ I have other good options.

But I really love the sound and handling. Great plugin.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling ➡️
i was just ready to shell out the 250 us for MD4, then I saw that I have to pay German tax on top. Thats nearly 300 us... puhh I think I will wait for a Black Friday sale. I really only use the EQ and Multiband Comp and especially for the EQ I have other good options.

But I really love the sound and handling. Great plugin.
Oh ****. It really sound that good
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I am seriously considering MD4 HD, mostly for the multi-band. I do like the other features, as well... and the overall package is fantastic.

Is anyone getting comparable or better results in a different multi-band plug-in? I have Pro-MB plus several dynamic EQs, but MD4 seems to be at another level with multi-band compression. I tried DynOne, but did not love it immediately like MD4. Of course, these things are subtle and it takes time to learn them well, I understand.

Thanks
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robshrock ➡️
I am seriously considering MD4 HD, mostly for the multi-band. I do like the other features, as well... and the overall package is fantastic.

Is anyone getting comparable or better results in a different multi-band plug-in? I have Pro-MB plus several dynamic EQs, but MD4 seems to be at another level with multi-band compression. I tried DynOne, but did not love it immediately like MD4. Of course, these things are subtle and it takes time to learn them well, I understand.

Thanks
I would definitely advise you to try out DMG Audio's Multiplicity as well which you can demo very easily. That is also absolutely amazing for multiband. See which gels best for you.

I demoed DynOne 3 a while ago and am currently demoing Multiplicity and MD4 HD.
Here for the gear

Quote:

Thanks
I didn't like the MD4 as much as my other Multi-Band processors I used Dynone and Mulplicity but after some time learning the plugin properly its now replaced my previous ones for mastering purposes.

The compressor is really good sounding, clean but can give that last bit of Polish. I really like the DXP mode for some material, overall the way this compressor handles the low mids is very tight.

EQ is surprisingly good, Limiter and clipper are OK but there is better alternatives such as Standard Clip and Elevate.

Overall I think this is an awesome plugin, Slightly expensive but for what you get it is pretty good value and CPU is very light. I do think its possible to get a good mastering result just using all of the processors built into the MD4, I'm now using it on most of my mastering sessions.
Lives for gear

Quote:

Well to put it simply - I am loving it. It's got this kind of "sheen" or "lustre" to it which is all-pervasive whatever the setting giving it it's very own sui generis (unique) sound.

You probably know what a reverb slu..... I mean "space" ( ) I am but I think I will have to wait until a couple of months to find a place in budget for this as I currently have a list of other things which will take precedence given my all ready extensive ITB reverb collection.

Definitely want to add it to my collection at some point though- it shan't elude me for too long
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
I would definitely advise you to try out DMG Audio's Multiplicity as well which you can demo very easily. That is also absolutely amazing for multiband. See which gels best for you.

I demoed DynOne 3 a while ago and am currently demoing Multiplicity and MD4 HD.
Wouldn’t Limitless be more comparable as a multiband compressor?

I demoed Limitless a long time ago, so don’t know if I would be able to demo again. I remember liking it; but it felt overly complicated as many DMG plugs can feel at first. One of the things I’m currently liking about MD4 is that it’s pretty difficult to make it sound bad. But 2 weeks is not really enough demo time to tell for sure how things really hold up over time.

Thx
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

I demoed Limitless a long time ago, so don’t know if I would be able to demo again. I remember liking it; but it felt overly complicated as many DMG plugs can feel at first. One of the things I’m currently liking about MD4 is that it’s pretty difficult to make it sound bad. But 2 weeks is not really enough demo time to tell for sure how things really hold up over time.

Thx
Limitless is DMG’s limiter, Multiplicity is their multi-band compressor (among other things).
Lives for gear

Quote:
As @ Benj said above. If I were you I would really give it a demo before purchasing as Multiplicity seems very powerful indeed. Note I am demoing MD4 HD as well and I love both.

Also note McDSP ML4000 is older (as a native plugin version) but has some good options and control for the price - that one is two stage: MB Comp/expan/gate fed in to Limiter.
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:

Is anyone getting comparable or better results in a different multi-band plug-in?
Bought the whole package for the reverbs.
DXP makes it unique. MD4s EQ is very good too. Clipper and Limiter are usable at least. To have all these tools under one skin is a huge plus for me. I can see myself using it on busses which is important for me (stems / TV work).
On the master I stick to Sonnox (EQ, Limiter) or Voxengo (Teote, OVC, Elephant) for making things a little louder to get the job.

cheers Ralf
Old 14 hours ago
Gear Maniac
Maybe not exactly what it's meant for but holy cow, MD4 makes for an INCREDIBLE channel strip for acoustic guitar.

I just dropped it on a dry duplicate of a problematic acoustic guitar that I struggled to get to sound **ok** using a whole mess of plugins, and MD4 did the job faster, easier, and better.
Old 6 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmix ➡️
Maybe not exactly what it's meant for but holy cow, MD4 makes for an INCREDIBLE channel strip for acoustic guitar.

I just dropped it on a dry duplicate of a problematic acoustic guitar that I struggled to get to sound **ok** using a whole mess of plugins, and MD4 did the job faster, easier, and better.
Also awesome for vocals. Removed everything but an initial limiter. It's very quick to use and clean.

I don't know why people keep talking smack about the limiter. Maybe we're just working in different generes? It gets loud and full and wide in Parallel UL, stays really clean, and retains the transients beautifully. What's not to like?
Old 6 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Also awesome for vocals. Removed everything but an initial limiter. It's very quick to use and clean.

I don't know why people keep talking smack about the limiter. Maybe we're just working in different generes? It gets loud and full and wide in Parallel UL, stays really clean, and retains the transients beautifully. What's not to like?
I love the Limiter. I also love the compressor and it's different modes and I love the EQ. Darn it I really want this thing even more than the Weiss Compressor/Limiter I am also demoing. DMG Audio's Limitless and Multiplicity in combo are amazing as well but very much more clinical and geared towards Mastering imo, whereas the MD4 HD is great for using within mix situations as well as being good for Mastering purposes as well.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…