TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES - Page 31 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Have you tried the eq 3000 yet? I am testing out the dyn 3000 as we speak to see what it’s like....do you find that you can use the dyn quite nicely with just using the controller?
I’m waiting for the peq3000 it’s on order.yep using the dyn3000 controller is brilliant there is no latency and the screens are really clear and bright.
I wouldn’t buy the software on its own it’s more expensive than buying it with the controller,amazon still have it in stock and it’s around £80 which is a bargain .
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I just mastered an album with MD4 on all songs but one, which was an overly compressed rock song that I used Elevate instead of MD4 and Ozone Maximizer. I did not use the limiter or soft clipper of MD4 at any time.

The Eq is very useful and was the only "EQ" I used. I did use the Weiss Desser and TEOTLE for spectral balancing (basically dynamic Eq). I was pleasantly surprised at how transparent the Eq in MD4 is. It was my go to Eq for this mastering session.

Out of $250 for MD4, IMHO your getting a $100 mastering Eq and $150 multi-band dynamic processor, which makes it an even better deal.

The limiter is not worth turning on nor is the soft clip unless you would like to get the late 90's digital blare associate with original Finalizer, which I of course thought was a revolution and used like many other folks...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
If they made a general controller for the System 6000 plugins that would be great (to replicate the Icon)...even better make it a controller that has track selectors 1-16 with banking like Softtube Console 1. Imagine having the blue Midas controllers being able to do that for EQ and Compression...fast workflow. Or...they could keep with all of these individual controllers and make a master controller to control things like track select, banking, etc.).
The Midas controller syncs with whichever channel you have there plugin on.
But a mini 6000 controller would be cool and I’m sure would be a big hit.
Behringer could do a product similar too the personus fader port controller so you’d have a fader and maybe transport then have two bay ports were the Midas controllers would dock so you’d have a all in one mini Midas desk...I’d buy it
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy ➡️
The Midas controller syncs with whichever channel you have there plugin on.
But a mini 6000 controller would be cool and I’m sure would be a big hit.
Behringer could do a product similar too the personus fader port controller so you’d have a fader and maybe transport then have two bay ports were the Midas controllers would dock so you’d have a all in one mini Midas desk...I’d buy it
Yes it syncs with the channel you’re working on - but you have to select each channel with a mouse right?

Last edited by KJandKT; 1 week ago at 12:14 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoraxis ➡️
I just mastered an album with MD4 on all songs but one, which was an overly compressed rock song that I used Elevate instead of MD4 and Ozone Maximizer. I did not use the limiter or soft clipper of MD4 at any time.

The Eq is very useful and was the only "EQ" I used. I did use the Weiss Desser and TEOTLE for spectral balancing (basically dynamic Eq). I was pleasantly surprised at how transparent the Eq in MD4 is. It was my go to Eq for this mastering session.

Out of $250 for MD4, IMHO your getting a $100 mastering Eq and $150 multi-band dynamic processor, which makes it an even better deal.

The limiter is not worth turning on nor is the soft clip unless you would like to get the late 90's digital blare associate with original Finalizer, which I of course thought was a revolution and used like many other folks...
SO why not the md3 then , you lose bands but gain an xpander ...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
Yes it syncs with the channel you’re working on - but you have to select each channel with a mouse right?
Yep
Here for the gear

What's the current procedure for getting these plugins once you have paid ?

I've paid for this bundle a few hours back via PayPal, money has been taken, no other confirmation or detail mail received at all and the order I did make is dated as being made in 1900 with completely different products listed than what was ordered

Music Tribe are having a laugh with how poor their system is in this day and age.

Thanks again if anyone can help me unravel this purchasing mystery.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga500JLK ➡️
What's the current procedure for getting these plugins once you have paid ?

I've paid for this bundle a few hours back via PayPal, money has been taken, no other confirmation or detail mail received at all and the order I did make is dated as being made in 1900 with completely different products listed than what was ordered

Music Tribe are having a laugh with how poor their system is in this day and age.

Thanks again if anyone can help me unravel this purchasing mystery.
Strange I bought 3 plugs of 3 separate transactions and they all came moments later with the ilok code....But I have bought before and I was going through the TC site although the licences now are music tribe.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 ➡️
I think:

A: Phoenix
B: SP2016
C: PCM Native
D: VSS4

Can you PM the results please?, thank you!

P.S: I think the tail in D is shorter than the rest.

Here is the result:

A : VSS4
B: EA Phoenix
C: Lexicon Hall
D: Eventide Stereo Room
Here for the gear

Quote:
Strange I bought 3 plugs of 3 separate transactions and they all came moments later with the ilok code....But I have bought before and I was going through the TC site although the licences now are music tribe.
Thanks for the response. I'll leave it another couple of hours to see what transpires before contacting support. The fact the order on the site listed 10 different products than the bundle I'd bought and a purchase date of January 1st, 1900 is concerning. No problems with them processing the payment though Thankfully I've got screengrabs of it all.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I'll leave it another couple of hours to see what transpires before contacting support. The fact the order on the site listed 10 different products than the bundle I'd bought and a purchase date of January 1st, 1900 is concerning. No problems with them processing the payment though Thankfully I've got screengrabs of it all.
There was someone from TC earlier in this thread that maybe able to help you....
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Same here. Received email right away with ilok license key, instructions, and plug-in download link.
Here for the gear

Quote:
There was someone from TC earlier in this thread that maybe able to help you....
Cheers will reach out to that person if the Music Tribe support is no good.

I've had to raise a ticket as the whole process is a complete mystery. No confirmed order number at all (it was numbered '0'), different products which make no sense and the total of which came to 0.00 even though all their prices are listed. Even so the correct payment for the bundle rolled out of PayPal

Thanks again for your advice GBP, much appreciated.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
SO why not the md3 then , you lose bands but gain an xpander ...
I didn't purchase MD3, just MD4, so I was not familiar with the expander option.

What I found useful about Elevate for this particular track was the transient processing, multi-band limiting and spectral eq (if you can call it that). Elevate worked so well for this that I found no reason to try anything else.

Speaking of trying things, I compared DynOne3 and Alchemist 3 to MD4 and I liked MD4 better for song I was mastering. I have not found a better multiband compressor, but I have not compared it to MD3 or Multiplicity. MD4 is in a league by itself when it comes to making things sound like a record.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoraxis ➡️
I didn't purchase MD3, just MD4, so I was not familiar with the expander option.

What I found useful about Elevate for this particular track was the transient processing, multi-band limiting and spectral eq (if you can call it that). Elevate worked so well for this that I found no reason to try anything else.

Speaking of trying things, I compared DynOne3 and Alchemist 3 to MD4 and I liked MD4 better for song I was mastering. I have not found a better multiband compressor, but I have not compared it to MD3 or Multiplicity. MD4 is in a league by itself when it comes to making things sound like a record.

I have 2 days left on my MD4 demo, and I have yet to come across anything except poverty to stop me from buying it. For me, the MB is incredibly intuitive and fast to get results from--and I've never really gotten along with MB compressors. It works on the 2-bus, a master, and even tracks. (It's amazing on my vocals!)

On the EQ, the bessel high and low cut work amazingly for cleaning up the top and bottom, and the eq in general sounds good and smooth, with no hyping or clogging. It's just a very clean and competent EQ, in the right place in the chain.

The limiter is AWESOME. Period. Just don't push the clipping too hard.

But yes, it creates a "finished" sound that nothing else I've come across does. It even beats the Weiss.

It's amazing.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheever ➡️
I have 2 days left on my MD4 demo, and I have yet to come across anything except poverty to stop me from buying it. For me, the MB is incredibly intuitive and fast to get results from--and I've never really gotten along with MB compressors. It works on the 2-bus, a master, and even tracks. (It's amazing on my vocals!)

On the EQ, the bessel high and low cut work amazingly for cleaning up the top and bottom, and the eq in general sounds good and smooth, with no hyping or clogging. It's just a very clean and competent EQ, in the right place in the chain.

The limiter is AWESOME. Period. Just don't push the clipping too hard.

But yes, it creates a "finished" sound that nothing else I've come across does. It even beats the Weiss.

It's amazing.
Okay, now I'm getting suspicious that you're working on commission.

Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

This is absolutely insane.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Drive ➡️
Okay, now I'm getting suspicious that you're working on commission.

Oh, don't I WISH! Lol
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is the consensus that the Brickwall Limiter HD is a better limiter and well-suited to pair with MD4? Is the limiter in MD4 not great?

Can the Brickwall Limiter be had without the hardware? Does the hardware limit you to a single instance?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolleum ➡️
Here is the result:

A : VSS4
B: EA Phoenix
C: Lexicon Hall
D: Eventide Stereo Room
Interesting. You can always tell a lot by testing things with a piano. I listened without trying to guess or knowing what was what. I just wanted to see which one I liked the most and would use if I were mixing it. I would have gone with B. D would have been my second choice. C and A need a lot more work. In fact, C sounds strange to me.

Thanks for doing that.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Drive ➡️
Interesting. You can always tell a lot by testing things with a piano. I listened without trying to guess or knowing what was what. I just wanted to see which one I liked the most and would use if I were mixing it. I would have gone with B. D would have been my second choice. C and A need a lot more work. In fact, C sounds strange to me.

Thanks for doing that.
The LexHall got too much modulations and reflexions, so I changed now to LexChamber, which is much better for this piano solo application. Finally, I stopped the modulations in VSS4 too, so if its too much, it can sound strange. Thats really nice that you can modify this VSS4 really individual. Nice reverb, but the others too.
Lives for gear

Quote:
It even beats the Weiss.

It's amazing.
Big statement. Gonna have to demo soon.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Big statement. Gonna have to demo soon.
Make sure to have your wallet handy!

Seriously, it takes a bit to figure out, (As did the Weiss) But once you do, it's just spectacular.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Looks like that update is coming in couple of weeks.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Welp, my demo of MD4 croaked today, so I sold my last kidney and bought it. How long does it take TC to process a sale? (Yup, I've heard some stuff, and I haven't received an email, nor has PP let me know I sent them cash. Are they doing this **** *manually*?

I guess I'm just spoiled now. I'm used to "here's my money" and the merchant is all "cool, here's your ilok/auth/dl link."

Anyway. Bought. And I don't care if I cry on Black Friday!
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Welp, my demo of MD4 croaked today, so I sold my last kidney and bought it. How long does it take TC to process a sale? (Yup, I've heard some stuff, and I haven't received an email, nor has PP let me know I sent them cash. Are they doing this **** *manually*?

I guess I'm just spoiled now. I'm used to "here's my money" and the merchant is all "cool, here's your ilok/auth/dl link."

Anyway. Bought. And I don't care if I cry on Black Friday!
My email was instant with the ilok code via the Tc web shop.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
My email was instant with the ilok code via the Tc web shop.
I also bought it via the TC webshop. Still haven't gotten a code as of this morning. (The PayPal charge finally went through, though.)

Like I said, maybe they do it manually, and it's the weekend. It's like the '90s up in here!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov ➡️
Looks like that update is coming in couple of weeks.
What Update ? where did you see the news about an update ?

I'm hoping they update the VSS4 HD.

Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➡️
What Update ? where did you see the news about an update ?

I'm hoping they update the VSS4 HD.

Thanks
From Bob Katz. He was working on new presets for VSS4 HD and said update is coming in couple of weeks.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov ➡️
From Bob Katz. He was working on new presets for VSS4 HD and said update is coming in couple of weeks.
Thanks.

That would be wonderful. I'm will surely buy VSS4 HD, if they improved the CPU usage in the upcoming update. Love the sound of this reverb. One of the best I have heard in software.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…