TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
LiquidSonics

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy ➡️
They are calling it a “Modern classic reimagined”

so I really dont think it is a 1:1 “port"

....and keep in mind who owns tc electronic now…. Behringer!

I was probably being too casual when I typed "port" because I think that word can sometimes mean different things to different people in computing. Is a port allowed to deviate? If so, by how much? I don't think we would all offer the same response.

I'll be interested to see where this falls between a 1:1 reimplementation only on a different computing architecture vs a full-on reimagining that bears only a casual similarity to the original. I'm sure this will be investigated in great detail and then compared to whatever reverse engineered wizardry Martin is working on for his latest TC derived work too. Exciting times ahead, I for one am really pleased to see TC doing this in a plug-in format at last. My first software reverb was the TC M30, and wow haven't we come a long way since then!
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics ➡️
I was probably being too casual when I typed "port" because I think that word can sometimes mean different things to different people in computing. Is a port allowed to deviate? If so, by how much? I don't think we would all offer the same response.

I'll be interested to see where this falls between a 1:1 reimplementation only on a different computing architecture vs a full-on reimagining that bears only a casual similarity to the original. I'm sure this will be investigated in great detail and then compared to whatever reverse engineered wizardry Martin is working on for his latest TC derived work too. Exciting times ahead, I for one am really pleased to see TC doing this in a plug-in format at last. My first software reverb was the TC M30, and wow haven't we come a long way since then!
Did not someone do a good test with VSS3 plugin vs HW when it was released as native? Why should VSS4 and the other be different?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Yes - my guess it won't null because they have made refinements. However, since they no longer sell the System 6000, it is obviously to their advantage that these plugins sound as good or better than the originals since they have tagged it with the System 6000 moniker.

Since they don't make the hardware anymore, it doesn't make sense to just use the name and not have them sound like the originals (with the noted modifications they have made). I am hoping Behringer can clear this up with a post or two so that the great software doesn't just get overlooked.
Old 15th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm not sure if it may sound a little better, it probably doesn't but I know this plugin very well I had it on the powercore and I have used the native version since it's release and to me it seems a little different in a good way! it might just be the new GUI (which I like very much) influencing me a little, anyway I always really loved this reverb and now I love it even more.
Old 15th March 2021
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
..............Multichannel...............
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
it doesn't make sense to just use the name and not have them sound like the originals
They may not have a choice if the functionality of the hardware's DSPs cannot be feasibly duplicated as a plugin, i.e. not enough horsepower in the average computer. To me, they've very consciously avoided terms like "1:1" or "exact" and probably for this reason. It may end up sounding the same, but I for one would like to know if that's the case. Not by a null test (reverbs can be tough to null) but by someone intimately familiar with the hardware using their ears.
Old 15th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
What is the pricing on this?
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 ➡️
What is the pricing on this?
Bundle is 699$US update from VSS3 is 599.
VSS3 is 199, VSS4 is 250.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n ➡️
Originally, I could not get the first one I purchased to work. I contacted support letting them know everything I had tried and it took them literally 1 month to get back to me with some stupid thing to try(which I had already written that I had tried). I worte back asking if they found it normal to take 1 month to respond back and they they were usless as I returned the unit for an exchange back 3 weeks ago and that solved my problem. They didnt even have the curtesy to say they were sorry that it took a month to respond, and on top of that, just closed my ticket and I got an email saying it was closed. After that, they released the 4 controllers with the idea that you needed the controllers absolutely to use the plugins. Even after contacting support, there was no sign of the plugins being offered Native. Then a couple months down the line,they release them native and you are no longer forced to use the controllers(they do iLok...which is what I wanted from the begining). When I asked if I could get an iLok asset(and I purchased all 4 controllers availible at the time and have invoices), I was told I could not get iLok assetes. I even offered to pay a 25$ fee(the iLok fee for a license transfer) per controller (so I would give them an additional 100$ which i should not even have to), and I was told too bad! This is unacceptable behavior from any company acreoss !! Stay away!!
Sorry to hear that. It definitely sucks. TC has a very bad reputation online when it comes to support. I'll be watching this thread closely.
Old 15th March 2021
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Very strange. It might be a coincident but all my NI licenses was destroyed so everything went in to DEMO mode. A sync with NI and it was back after few minutes. Is this software NI Komplete Kontrol compatible or something?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastervargas ➡️
I did compare the MD3 from my powercore to this. it doesn't null. it's nt noise, there are some big spike differences - something on the attack I'd guess.
yeah, something like this was to be expected. the tc multibands have a very special sound. how does the native one sound to you? i made a MS preset i always use as a starting point and know inside-out - will try it in the upcoming days.

BTW: Behringer/Musictribe just responded very friendly: they are looking into upgrade-paths, 'there should be more information soon'. let's see.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bace ➡️
Did not someone do a good test with VSS3 plugin vs HW when it was released as native?
i posted this on the powercore fb-group last year, drums dry and 2x3 files with only the reverb of both powercore & native v 1.2

BTW: the powercore vss3 totally nulls with a Reverb 4000 when both modulations are off. same with the NONLIN2 (which has no modulation), powercore nulls with the Reverb 4000. both also have the same dsps.
Attached Thumbnails
TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES-screenshot_15_04_20__10_52.jpg  
Attached Files
Old 15th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
is there a demo of this?
Old 15th March 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
No TC Brickwall limiter?

Or is it integrated in the MD4?
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bace ➡️
Bundle is 699$US update from VSS3 is 599.
VSS3 is 199, VSS4 is 250.
+ VAT 20% UK
Old 15th March 2021
Here for the gear

Hello everyone no matter what anyone says, it's identical. https://youtu.be/a02Gqm4x_HM
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I never had TC6000 and never worked with it, but just using MD4 Native on its own today I have to say I am seriously impressed. It is actually the best and most forgiving sounding multiband compressor I had a chance to work with...it is a breeze to make it suit the track and sound good without touching the presets. I have DynOne, Pro-MB, Ozone 9 Advanced and DMG Audio Multiplicity and this thing immediately sounds more polished...especially love it on pop and electronic music, because it somehow enhances punch and controls dynamics without artefacts I usually attribute with multiband processors and also love it with jazz and acoustic music because it can really sound invisible but still enhances the presence of the track.

One thing I am also impressed about is its EQ section. To me it sounds way better than MDW EQ6 and is so easy to work with in combination with the multiband. Really didn't want to like it, but after using it today I unfortunately love it.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ Metro plosidesign
Cool! Where is the brick wall limiter, have they released that? That was great but often problematic on my system that half the time it wouldn’t load properly so no sound came through until re-set....
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolisdesign ➡️
Hello everyone no matter what anyone says, it's identical. https://youtu.be/a02Gqm4x_HM
No one is saying that it's identical, or not identical, we've just been asking. However, that video seems to be a comparison to the powercore version, with a vocal-only, and without much processing. I'm not surprised that it nulls. I'd love to see a more dynamic test, and with the SYS6000.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
No one is saying that it's identical, or not identical, we've just been asking. However, that video seems to be a comparison to the powercore version, with a vocal-only, and without much processing. I'm not surprised that it nulls. I'd love to see a more dynamic test, and with the SYS6000.
I have plans to do a big review and comparison
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex ➡️
I never had TC6000 and never worked with it, but just using MD4 Native on its own today I have to say I am seriously impressed. It is actually the best and most forgiving sounding multiband compressor I had a chance to work with...it is a breeze to make it suit the track and sound good without touching the presets. I have DynOne, Pro-MB, Ozone 9 Advanced and DMG Audio Multiplicity and this thing immediately sounds more polished...especially love it on pop and electronic music, because it somehow enhances punch and controls dynamics without artefacts I usually attribute with multiband processors and also love it with jazz and acoustic music because it can really sound invisible but still enhances the presence of the track.

One thing I am also impressed about is its EQ section. To me it sounds way better than MDW EQ6 and is so easy to work with in combination with the multiband. Really didn't want to like it, but after using it today I unfortunately love it.
Agreed, my thoughts we quite similar.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ elambo
That makes sense, but wouldn’t it be more likely that they used the code or part of from the powercore version rather than the actual system 6000?
I think the native vss3 was ported in effect from the poco vss3, they never mentioned the m3000 as far as I can recall.

Ed: well maybe not if the VSS4 is exact as per starstreet’s comparison

Last edited by GBP; 16th March 2021 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: More info
Old 15th March 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Just to say that Bob Katz on Facebook said he collaborated on the beta test of both md4 and vss4 ...
Old 16th March 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I am curious how the VSS4 will sound compared to Relab's VSR-S24... anyone else test them against each other yet?
Old 16th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I've just compared it to my System 6000 MkII. The reverb itself is absolutely identical to the hardware, as expected. I've got the feeling, that the hardware integrates better in the reverb. The source is more inside the room, but not by a landslide. BTW VSS4 sounds way better than Relab VSR-S24.

But results are better and faster with the hardware. It's more intuitive to use. I can make a good setting with the hardware and then redo it in the plugin.

It's more a question, if you really need these new reverbs. I'm pretty happy with UAD 480, Valhalla stuff, UAD Echochambers and more.

Last edited by Starstreet; 16th March 2021 at 12:46 AM..
Old 16th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Here is a small test with the preset "Montana Studio".
Attached Files

Drums System 6000.mp3 (954.3 KB, 3834 views)

Drums VSS4 HD.mp3 (954.3 KB, 3796 views)

Drums dry.mp3 (954.3 KB, 3735 views)

Old 16th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics ➡️

The M30 was a great reverb! Got it for free, I think. The full blown M40 was even better with the plate and room algos, but you had to buy one of their interfaces to get it. Often prefered them to the Powercore reverbs for some reason.

Anyway, excited to try these out. (...saying this having spent a lot of money on TC-Works, Spark, Spark FX and Powercore stuff back in the day)

Cheers MW
Old 16th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My original Poco 6000 plugs running on Poco PCIe works flawlessy in Sequoia through its bitbridge. I did upgrade to the Native VSS3 a while back, tho.

But... why no Poco upgrade path, i mean 200 bucks per update is kinda f u.
Old 16th March 2021
Lives for gear

Is it M1 native?

I can’t find any info on it.

Last edited by BigSmo; 16th March 2021 at 03:11 AM..
Old 16th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Burrows ➡️
Anyone seen a price for the bundle and who is selling it???
Cheers
Bundle is $699

TC Electronic sells directly on their website, here is the link:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/catalog...t=salesRevenue
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…