TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES - Page 23 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

On my system VSS4 (VST3) is .7% in Reaper. In PT I have no clue, the usage meter just stays the same. That’s on 44.1 with 1024 buffer. On 48k/128 it’s .8%. On 96k/128 it’s around 1%.
These high cpu numbers seem to be a bug unless you’re using a netbook.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
VSS4HD running in Logic Pro X at 96khz on a 2015 iMac wasn’t very high at all. In fact, I was kinda surprised, since the hardware 4000 running VSS4 algorithm can only go up to 48khz if it’s to truly have two sources. Well that is over 15 years ago at least... lol
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Mork ➡️
These high cpu numbers seem to be a bug unless you’re using a netbook.
I wouldn't assume this is necessarily a bug.
As this is the first version of the release, there maybe some updates that make the plugins more efficient.

But, keep in mind this is software that was originally designed to be powered by a hardware system and not a PC.

They were designed to sound as good as possible without the concerns of DAW CPU cycles.

Also this is software that is being ported from another system with the idea of keeping it as close to the original (or identical) as possible.

They did a good job keeping things as close as possible sonically and ergonomically.

I am doing a lot of work with them at 96kHz and the CPU usage is not unexpected.

Not as high as some other reverb plugins.

A bug?
I wouldn't be so quick to assume this...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

So at one point in history TC Electronics (one of the best companies in the music industry) joined hands with Music Tribe (one of the worst). Why???

And still I haven´t got any help from either of them.

Ps. I can´t register because of all the bugs at Music tribe registration site, and there´s NO way to get any help of those, well, not so clever people without being registered.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Glad you got it fixed , question : does it happen with all the tc or just this one ?
What s your setting ( anti dropout and audio latency) ?
Check if the cou hit is just studio one related or another daw does it also ...
Only the TC Elec. VSS4 HD. (44%)

MD4 uses (12%)

Non of my other plugins uses this much CPU.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➡️
Only the TC Elec. VSS4 HD. (44%)

MD4 uses (12%)

Non of my other plugins uses this much CPU.
That’s crazy high!
My mac uses next to nothing with the MD4 and about 10% for VSS4.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo ➡️
That’s crazy high!
My mac uses next to nothing with the MD4 and about 10% for VSS4.
Yes, it is. None of my other plugins use this amount of CPU. So, I wouldn't blame my DAW, or PC System, but rather their Plugins.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeUppsala ➡️
So at one point in history TC Electronics (one of the best companies in the music industry) joined hands with Music Tribe (one of the worst). Why???
I think music tribe/behringer bought/bailed out TC some years ago shortly after the powercore fiasco.

History may repeat itself with the Izotope subscription fiasco and Music tribe/Behringer may step in !

Only kidding
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I hope these acquisitions will be for the better. Anyone following history will be familiar with the brilliant IP that has been killed by Gibson, Harman, Behringer, etc. Takeovers have also fostered some great things, so it's not necessarily a negative. In this case, however, it's Behringer, and you history buffs also know what that means.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Yes, VSS4 CPU usage seems to be all over the place. In my home studio, I rarely see products that are massive CPU hogs, but VSS4 definitely is. It's the reason I'm letting the demo lapse. It sounds great, and would likely get used. Not in its current form.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWZ ➡️
I wouldn't assume this is necessarily a bug.
As this is the first version of the release, there maybe some updates that make the plugins more efficient.

But, keep in mind this is software that was originally designed to be powered by a hardware system and not a PC.

They were designed to sound as good as possible without the concerns of DAW CPU cycles.

Also this is software that is being ported from another system with the idea of keeping it as close to the original (or identical) as possible.

They did a good job keeping things as close as possible sonically and ergonomically.

I am doing a lot of work with them at 96kHz and the CPU usage is not unexpected.

Not as high as some other reverb plugins.

A bug?
I wouldn't be so quick to assume this...
It's surely a bug which doesn't need to be a technical error but simply some lines of code which for some systems acts wildly differently. Since some users can report an instance to be less than 1% and others 40% it's not about optimization. Optimization is to have an even load to be more effectient on a general level. Let's see if a 1.0.1 doesn't fix this
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
Yes, VSS4 CPU usage seems to be all over the place. In my home studio, I rarely see products that are massive CPU hogs, but VSS4 definitely is. It's the reason I'm letting the demo lapse. It sounds great, and would likely get used. Not in its current form.
Actually, if the VSS4 HD had normal CPU utilization, it would be an instant buy. Love the way it sounds. But not with the current CPU madness it needs to use.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junolab ➡️
It's surely a bug which doesn't need to be a technical error but simply some lines of code which for some systems acts wildly differently. Since some users can report an instance to be less than 1% and others 40% it's not about optimization. Optimization is to have an even load to be more effectient on a general level. Let's see if a 1.0.1 doesn't fix this
Let's see how long they need to fix this bug.

Communicating with TC Elec. Support is a painful process, since they don't have a direct support email link. Another detail I'm not happy about.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I STILL haven´t got any assistance from Music Tribe. Hello, I can´t register because there are so many bugs in the register procedure!!!!!!

It´s so annoying trying over and over and over again and it says: "The email adress is invalid", the recacha is invalid", and so on. Who has constructed this site, a kindergartner?!?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
waoh ? is Gibson bougth TC or what lol .... no seriously this cold my gas pretty quick
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
History may repeat itself with the Izotope subscription fiasco and Music tribe/Behringer may step in !
Not kidding. Izotope signed a deal with Native Instruments last month.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Izotope subscription fiasco , really ? might be our perception .....
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I got an e-mail response from somebody at MusicTribe yesterday. Then another cryptic message between two of the members, who cc'd me. Now nothing. What should I be looking for, those of you who have gotten a license? Will I receive an activation number for my iLok, or do they deposit to my account, and should I wait for it to show up in my iLok License Manager? What it looks like is that somehow everybody over there is in charge, which means nobody over there is in charge.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 28 ➡️
I got an e-mail response from somebody at MusicTribe yesterday. Then another cryptic message between two of the members, who cc'd me. Now nothing. What should I be looking for, those of you who have gotten a license? Will I receive an activation number for my iLok, or do they deposit to my account, and should I wait for it to show up in my iLok License Manager? What it looks like is that somehow everybody over there is in charge, which means nobody over there is in charge.

I received an iLok code within 20 seconds of buying...
Very strange problem, is it UK folk that have the issues?
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Izotope subscription fiasco , really ? might be our perception .....
Yeah there is a thread on it. You can do your own research and make up your own opinion as to how you perceive it....
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Yeah there is a thread on it. You can do your own research and make up your own opinion as to how you perceive it....
Yeah i remeber it ... quite epic but if i recall well it was more bout the non sub offer ... anyway back to ot , nobody really gave the small hardware version a go versus the tc 6000 native one ?
Old 1 week ago
Motown legend

🎧 15 years
Small hardware version?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Powercore?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

This is just my personal opinion of course, but...

This is a textbook example of how you design a GUI every square inch of which makes you want to never see it again, ever.

If I had 100 reverbs, these would be the very last ones I'd reach for. Right after all things Exponential Audio.

Some people just have a talent at designing nightmares.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
I've had very little problem with the GUI. To me, it's intuitive and as simple, and complex, as it needs to be. Not an eye strain. Meters are responsive. Obviously some people feel the opposite way about it, and I'm sure their reasons are legit to their eyes, but I can't understand why.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by acctx ➡️
This is just my personal opinion of course, but...

This is a textbook example of how you design a GUI every square inch of which makes you want to never see it again, ever.

If I had 100 reverbs, these would be the very last ones I'd reach for. Right after all things Exponential Audio.

Some people just have a talent at designing nightmares.
Totally disagree, very clean to me. You should try to go through all PCM81 parameters to set up your presets.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➡️
Let's see how long they need to fix this bug.

Communicating with TC Elec. Support is a painful process, since they don't have a direct support email link. Another detail I'm not happy about.
Most companies get bug fixes out within 24-48 hours when problems like this happen! How long has this plugin been out now?!?! Ohhhhh sh*t.....look at that...3 weeks now and still no sign of a bug fix coming!
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeUppsala ➡️
I STILL haven´t got any assistance from Music Tribe. Hello, I can´t register because there are so many bugs in the register procedure!!!!!!

It´s so annoying trying over and over and over again and it says: "The email adress is invalid", the recacha is invalid", and so on. Who has constructed this site, a kindergartner?!?
I’ll say it again...in 2021, where everything runs online, this still isn’t fixed?!?! It’s only been 3 weeks that the plugin has been released and their site is still a mess and you can’t register/login properly, you need to still message them(and they make you jump through 10000 hoops and make the process crazy painful and complicated) after you bought a product to get your license when it should be automatic, and the plugins have been out for over 3 weeks now and are still full of bugs and aren’t getting consistent results on different machines and it’s still not fixed or addressed?! And you want to give this company money?!?! I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with TC (since the buyout) so I’m not touching anything new they make with a 10 foot pole!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n ➡️
I’ll say it again...in 2021, where everything runs online, this still isn’t fixed?!?! It’s only been 3 weeks that the plugin has been released and their site is still a mess and you can’t register/login properly, you need to still message them(and they make you jump through 10000 hoops and make the process crazy painful and complicated) after you bought a product to get your license when it should be automatic, and the plugins have been out for over 3 weeks now and are still full of bugs and aren’t getting consistent results on different machines and it’s still not fixed or addressed?! And you want to give this company money?!?! I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with TC (since the buyout) so I’m not touching anything new they make with a 10 foot pole!
Whats most embarrassing is we are not talking about a small plugin manufacurer, we are talking about TC Electronics a huge hard - and software company with almost infinite resources.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov ➡️
Totally disagree, very clean to me. You should try to go through all PCM81 parameters to set up your presets.
I didn't really mean graphics but the structure where everything is burried under different tabs. Lots of similar looking pages with knob and number wash out by being too many and looking exactly the same and using weird fonts. Visual and information overload.

I like things to be clearly visible on one page where I can get an instant idea how a reverb will sound based on position of sliders and name of the reverb or get the sound I want within 2-3 seconds. I'm not a fan of tab flipping especially for basic things like EQ... which should always be on the main page imo, that's a massive workflow killer for me, but I'm sure it's rewarding for those with a lot of patience.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…