TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic announces SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #31
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apartment dog ➡️
Yep, I bought it 2 years ago, it's my go to reverb. Maybe there is an update or something?
Yup, download the new installer, it works with the same license. New looks
Old 15th March 2021
  #32
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
So I downloaded the V2.0 installer and ran it and now VSS3 won't load in logic, so I tried to use the uninstaller and it gives an error, so I downloaded V1.2 and tried to install that again and apple say NO, the installer is not validated, so I no longer have VSS3 available, Logic says V2.0 validated and listed but when I try to open it says error update required! anyone else gotten the new version V2.0 working in Logic?


Update - Ok so I tried several times and ended up manually removing previous instals and now I have it working, looks pretty good.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #33
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon ➡️
So I downloaded the V2.0 installer and ran it and now VSS3 won't load in logic, so I tried to use the uninstaller and it gives an error, so I downloaded V1.2 and tried to install that again and apple say NO, the installer is not validated, so I no longer have VSS3 available, Logic says V2.0 validated and listed but when I try to open it says error update required! anyone else gotten the new version V2.0 working in Logic?
I'd suggest you start a new thread - as this one is all about SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES

Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy ➡️
I'd suggest you start a new thread - as this one is all about SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES

Hi,

VSS3 (version 2.0) is included in System 6000 NATIVE SERIES (is free to download the update).

As I understand 1.x GUI was taken from Powercore and now 2.x from System 6000.

Have yet to compare the sound vs previous version.

Best,
Daniel.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #35
Lives for gear
 
loji's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
the video meters look like the MD4 is Surround aware ... or are those orange meters, the multiple bands of the Compressor?

It says it does have the DXP mode ... which is amazing
Old 15th March 2021
  #36
Gear Maniac
 
majoraxis's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I have always wanted the real algorithms of MD4 on my DAW. I hope TC is not just taking the Finalizer stand along program and configuring it as an the MD4 plugin. I did not fall in love with Finalizer stand along, so when people compare it to one another if they are close I will pass. Lets see how much (signal) integrity TC has under Behringer.
Old 15th March 2021
  #37
Gear Nut
 
Trendkill's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I have VSS3. What´s the difference between VSS3 and VSS4? True stereo?
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #38
Lives for gear
 
apartment dog's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by casiotone ➡️
Yup, download the new installer, it works with the same license. New looks
Thanks,
here is the info about it;

[NEW] New and improved graphics and control
[FIXED] General optimisation and bug fixes
[GENERAL] Full backwards compatibility with version 1.2

I am using version 1.1 so not so happy if I loose compatibility.
The 1.2 version in the current downloadpage is 32bit only, What?

Very confusing....

Anybody knows if it is compatible with version 1.1?

I will stick with 1.1 for a while....
Old 15th March 2021
  #39
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
I've got the NONLIN2 (great that they included this gem!), MD3, VSS3 here on my powercores and will compare until the phase invert button does not work anymore !!

If the MD3 sounds like the DSP version, i can finally update my OS, get a new computer, live without thinking of buying all the powercores i can find, etc

The native VSS3 (which i bought 2 years ago) does not sound exactly like the DSP version, but it's quite close and very usable.

A powercore 6000 crossgrade would be nice of course & i'm sure they will do something like this.

let's maybe write them directly about this?
Old 15th March 2021
  #40
Here for the gear
 
I thought their other little desktop controllers were neat, but decided against purchasing. If they came out with a System 6k software controller, I’d jump on that so fast.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #41
Gear Addict
 
Home Studio 87's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd M ➡️
I thought their other little desktop controllers were neat, but decided against purchasing. If they came out with a System 6k software controller, I’d jump on that so fast.
I think this bundle is ready for a controller cause they have the same setup configuration than the TC DT Icon.
Old 15th March 2021
  #42
Gear Addict
 
Never really used this back in the day.

Can anybody fill me in and since I've been thinking about buying myself a late birthday presents when something worthy pops up.

Since I don't want to get the entire suite and have plenty of compressors etc. I'm curious to know where the juice lies in the 6000 and if it's on the finalizer EQ compressor side of things or the verbs and spaces?

I'm really interested in the verb/delay side of things and wonder how this compares to a lexicon 480 L?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sorry I'm too lazy to demo this thing straight up ; just want to get a feel from your Slutz before I do.
Old 15th March 2021
  #43
Lives for gear
 
27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk ➡️
True-Stereo High-Definition Reverbs, EQs, Compressors and True-Peak Limiters from the Award Winning System 6000 as Native Daw Plug-Ins for Mixing, Mastering and Post Production

The TC Electronic System 6000 Native Series Audio and Effects Plug-Ins are designed to serve our Recording and Broadcast Customers.


Originally launched in 1999 and available in Music, Mastering, Broadcast and Film variant’s, TC Electronic’s Flagship System 6000 processor is recognized as an industry standard for mix, mastering and post-production applications. You will find System 6000 in literally thousands of world-leading recording, film, post and mastering studios all over the world, and in quite a few OB vans and broadcast production studios as well. The platform has won no less than three of the prestigious TEC Awards over the years. In 2000 for the original System 6000, in 2005 for Mastering 6000 and in 2010 for System 6000 MKII. No longer the preserve of the recording elite, these native DAW plugins will deliver all of the performance of the iconic original unit combined with modern day convenience.

A LEGEND RE-IMAGINED
TC Electronic set about re-imagining the legendary System 6000 as native DAW Plug-ins without sacrificing any performance, character or useability. The Danish engineers, including many from the original System 6000 team refined audio quality whilst staying faithful to the original hardware version. The development team fastidiously re-engineered these new native plug-ins to offer full support for standard DAW automation and project recall with new optimized user interface ergonomics.

MD3 Native
The MD3 algorithm is a refinement of our legendary MD2 dynamics algorithm from the award-winning M5000 effects processor. The MD3 NATIVE plug-in is tailormade for music production in all forms. It uses a multi-band, high-resolution floating-point structure and features high-definition 4-band EQ, 3-band compressor/expander, soft clipping and newly designed transparent peak/true-peak limiter.

MD4 HD Native
Available for the first time as a plugin for DAW based productions, TC Electronic MD4 HD NATIVE plug-in is tailormade for music and sound production in all forms. The MD4 HD NATIVE is the most transparent high-definition dynamics processor ever made for your DAW featuring a flexible 6-band EQ, 5-band compressor, soft clipping and a newly optimized true-peak limiter.

NONLIN2 NATIVE
NONLIN2 NATIVE is a unique effected reverb with controllable envelope, attack and release. Capable of generating compact vocal ambience, dramatic larger than life 80’s drum and percussion sounds, reverse reverb and completely Twisted effects and that famous classic – the gated reverb! Are you looking for signature sound, this is it!

VSS3 NATIVE
VSS3 NATIVE moves you from the world of generic reverbs (the same reverb applied to many sources) to reverb for single elements or groups sharing the same panning position. Like a graphic artist moving from 2-D to 3-D, you’ll find yourself in a new audio universe with source complimenting spaciousness through adjustable early reflections and highly tweakable reverb tales VSS3 NATIVE enables you to add the softest and cleanest ambience to your productions with highly transparent and harmonically rich sonic sound fields.

VSS4 HD NATIVE
Available for the first time as a plugin for DAW based productions, VSS4 HD NATIVE is the most transparent reverb ever made for you DAW, tailormade for music and sound production in all forms. VSS 4HD NATIVE is a highly advanced true stereo or Dual-Source reverb that features our absolute finest room simulation algorithm that is capable of treating your program material with source related reflections from multiple angles

For more information: https://www.tcelectronic.com/series....00NATIVESERIES
Native Intel or Native ARM?
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #44
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy ➡️
I'd suggest you start a new thread - as this one is all about SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES

I am talking about the SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES VSS3 is part of it and the new previous VSS3 UI is updated.
Old 15th March 2021
  #45
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
When will the SYS6000 vs. plugins comparisons begin? I'm curious to know how close the reverbs get to their hardware counterparts. There's a lot of language like 'based on' and 'in plugin form' but little (so far) suggesting that the algorithms migrated unchanged.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #46
Lives for gear
 
noiseflaw's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill ➡️
I have VSS3. What´s the difference between VSS3 and VSS4? True stereo?
True Stereo — The stereo signal consists of two related channels, with correlated material in the left and right outputs. For example, using two microphones spaced apart to capture a signal.

Pseudo-stereo (aka “simulated stereo — One of several different techniques for creating a two-channel output from a mono input, often utilizing processing for one channel and no processing on the other channel, including adding a slight delay to one side, adding chorus to one side, etc. For example, mixing a mono guitar amp to two channels with the left side dry (no effects) and the right side processed with a very short delay (a few milliseconds). - Sweetwater.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #47
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon ➡️
I am talking about the SYSTEM 6000 NATIVE SERIES VSS3 is part of it and the new previous VSS3 UI is updated.
sorry - my bad.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #48
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 ➡️
Hi,

VSS3 (version 2.0) is included in System 6000 NATIVE SERIES (is free to download the update).

As I understand 1.x GUI was taken from Powercore and now 2.x from System 6000.

Have yet to compare the sound vs previous version.

Best,
Daniel.
sorry - my bad.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #49
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
I own a System 6000 - this is great news actually. Although the hardware is great, it just seems a no-brainer to be able to go software with this stuff and be able to open it on many tracks. Much more flexible. Yeah - it would be nice if TC were to give some sort of cross grade for the software...but of course we shouldn't expect perpetual updates/crossgrades. As an owner of the 6000 - it delivered on what was promised for the price...no complaints there.

I hope they port over everything including surround and Reverb 24 algos.

I'm also hoping that the $699 price doesn't go any higher for the whole bundle and includes anything else they add to the bundle as an update.

Exciting News actually...and something I've been waiting for - Have a blessed day!
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #50
LiquidSonics
 
liquidsonics's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
I hope they port over everything including surround and Reverb 24 algos.
I would imagine selling those hardware units to the surround market is still quite appealing to TC and a plug-in could kill that off pretty quickly, though I would guess there's way more money to be made in the stereo market by porting these algorithms over to plug-ins.
Old 15th March 2021
  #51
Lives for gear
 
Skip Burrows's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Prices?

Anyone seen a price for the bundle and who is selling it???
Cheers
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #52
Gear Addict
 
mastervargas's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
pity they didn't include de de-esser
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #53
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
I own a System 6000 - this is great news actually. Although the hardware is great, it just seems a no-brainer to be able to go software with this stuff and be able to open it on many tracks. Much more flexible. Yeah - it would be nice if TC were to give some sort of cross grade for the software...but of course we shouldn't expect perpetual updates/crossgrades. As an owner of the 6000 - it delivered on what was promised for the price...no complaints there.

I hope they port over everything including surround and Reverb 24 algos.

I'm also hoping that the $699 price doesn't go any higher for the whole bundle and includes anything else they add to the bundle as an update.

Exciting News actually...and something I've been waiting for - Have a blessed day!
note - nowhere did they say this is a "port"

listen carefully to the exact wording of the launch video

i suspect it sounds different from the hardware.... exactly how different is to be determined.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #54
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics ➡️
I would imagine selling those hardware units to the surround market is still quite appealing to TC and a plug-in could kill that off pretty quickly, though I would guess there's way more money to be made in the stereo market by porting these algorithms over to plug-ins.
I'm sure they've done market research, and are probably realizing that they're losing those customers, even the hardware-devotees, to software options due to the advantages in recall, flexibility and number of instances. It becoming tough to argue for hardware when software options (like yours) are beginning to flirt with them in sound quality.

Coincidentally, I downloaded the trial of VSS4 and put it on a work-in-progress ballad which currently uses Cinematic Rooms, and strongly preferred CR. Some of that is because CR is already familiar within this track, but even divorcing myself from that bias as much as I could, I didn't love the L-R phase relationship I was hearing in VSS4, nor the lack of lushness, even after tweaking. Some of this is just the nature of the differing character of the two products. For "real" reverbs, VSS4 was indeed real. Years ago I'd had a 6000, briefly (traded for a Lex 960L), and remember how good these short verbs sounded then, so that's consistent.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #55
GBP
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowudders ➡️
I've got the NONLIN2 (great that they included this gem!), MD3, VSS3 here on my powercores and will compare until the phase invert button does not work anymore !!

If the MD3 sounds like the DSP version, i can finally update my OS, get a new computer, live without thinking of buying all the powercores i can find, etc

The native VSS3 (which i bought 2 years ago) does not sound exactly like the DSP version, but it's quite close and very usable.

A powercore 6000 crossgrade would be nice of course & i'm sure they will do something like this.

let's maybe write them directly about this?
Yes I had the poco and would agree.
However I had the hardware m3000 and would compare the vss3 Native with it. The hardware I would tend to think was slightly better on matched settings (although hardware had a few more), however if you tweak the vss3 as well, it will invariably sound the same or so close.
I sold the hardware in the end 1 year ago.

Would be interesting to see how the non lin compares to the poco.

I sold my 4000 18 months ago....
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #56
Gear Addict
 
mastervargas's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowudders ➡️
I've got the NONLIN2 (great that they included this gem!), MD3, VSS3 here on my powercores and will compare until the phase invert button does not work anymore !!

If the MD3 sounds like the DSP version,
I did compare the MD3 from my powercore to this. it doesn't null. it's nt noise, there are some big spike differences - something on the attack I'd guess.

worth nothing that the PoCo MD3 runs bridged since it's a 32 bit plugin but bridges should not interfere at all in the audio path from what I know so it must be a difference in implementation of the two. aside those spikes, or in between them it seems to fully null ... FWIW

Edit: EQ, limiter, expander all bypassed, only the comp active. values matched as the defaults differ.
Old 15th March 2021
  #57
Lives for gear
 
27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Nice with scalable GUI. However this plugins does not follow VST3 programmers SDK guide. They do not respond to AI/QC functions. (It is part of Steinbergs free test tools so it is not very well tested.) Dont be surprised if there are compatibly issues with your DAW.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #58
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics ➡️
I would imagine selling those hardware units to the surround market is still quite appealing to TC and a plug-in could kill that off pretty quickly, though I would guess there's way more money to be made in the stereo market by porting these algorithms over to plug-ins.
They are calling it a “Modern classic reimagined”

so I really dont think it is a 1:1 “port"



....and keep in mind who owns tc electronic now…. Behringer!


Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #59
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Well - no it doesn't say "port", but it does say, "...from the Award Winning System 6000", and "...refined audio quality whilst staying faithful to the original hardware version."

Since they are saying that it is from the System 6000 and that it stays faithful to the original hardware version, it would be quite disingenuous with that language for it not to be the real algos. I will have to compare, but really don't think they would twist the words to that degree.
Old 15th March 2021 | Show parent
  #60
Lives for gear
 
27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJandKT ➡️
Well - no it doesn't say "port", but it does say, "...from the Award Winning System 6000", and "...refined audio quality whilst staying faithful to the original hardware version."

Since they are saying that it is from the System 6000 and that it stays faithful to the original hardware version, it would be quite disingenuous with that language for it not to be the real algos. I will have to compare, but really don't think they would twist the words to that degree.
They have digital i/o så anyone with the original can do a null test and falsify that claim.
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump