TBProAudio updates DSEQ to V3.0.0, a dynamic spectral equalizer for Windows and Mac OS X - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TBProAudio updates DSEQ to V3.0.0, a dynamic spectral equalizer for Windows and Mac OS X
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Thank you for GUI changes/improvements
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
In a future update, to make de-essing have less negative side effects on a full mix, is it possible to give DSEQ either a noise detector, or control over the detector to adjust between transient material and RMS material? Some way to selectively remove harsh, raspy freq's (vocals, overheads, etc) without touching RMS material. Maybe some kind of smoothing or hold function???
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by traumerei1838 ➡️
In a future update, to make de-essing have less negative side effects on a full mix, is it possible to give DSEQ either a noise detector, or control over the detector to adjust between transient material and RMS material? Some way to selectively remove harsh, raspy freq's (vocals, overheads, etc) without touching RMS material. Maybe some kind of smoothing or hold function???
Hmm, what about attack and release?
Hold control may be an option to implement ...

Last edited by TBProAudio; 2 weeks ago at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Revision
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
NEW: filter-board, copy filter

Thankyou so much for implementing this. Such a brilliant plugin😍
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio ➡️
Hi, can you explain the smoothing options and the filter board options in dseq3. I went through the manual multiple times but I couldn't find an explanation. Are the smoothing options like ISO-smoothing CPU intensive? Also, I'm not sure if it's ok to ask about the dEQ6 plugin, but I'm having a problem and I'm not sure if it's a bug with the new update or if you removed it but I'm not able to resize the interface to a smaller setting like I could with v2. v3 and v4 seems to be too big for a laptop.
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrmazzakR ➡️
Hi, can you explain the smoothing options and the filter board options in dseq3. I went through the manual multiple times but I couldn't find an explanation. Are the smoothing options like ISO-smoothing CPU intensive? Also, I'm not sure if it's ok to ask about the dEQ6 plugin, but I'm having a problem and I'm not sure if it's a bug with the new update or if you removed it but I'm not able to resize the interface to a smaller setting like I could with v2. v3 and v4 seems to be too big for a laptop.
Hmm, what do mean with "smoothing options"?
Gear Head
Quote:
Hmm, what do mean with "smoothing options"?
The frequency spectrum smoothing options in DSEQ3. Like ISO smoothing, RAW etc.
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The frequency spectrum smoothing options in DSEQ3. Like ISO smoothing, RAW etc.
Ah, this is display only, no impact on sound

What do you want to know exactly?
Gear Head
Quote:
Ah, this is display only, no impact on sound

What do you want to know exactly?
Does the smoothing options affect the CPU?
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Does the smoothing options affect the CPU?
No effect on CPU
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Have noticed a bug with the new filter-board, copy filter feature. The current filter type is not copied correctly to the target filter number in these cases:-

COPY a "Gain" filter type to a target filter number. For example copy a "Gain" filter from filter number 7 to filter number 8. Filter number 8 will have the exact same settings except the filter type for filter 8 will be "Bandpass".

COPY any other filter type selected from those below the "Gain" filter type in the list (so that means any of those filter types listed from "D-Peak" to D-Band Pass") to a target filter number. For example copy a "D-Peak" filter from filter number 7 to filter number 8. Filter number 8 will have the exact same settings except the filter type for filter 8 will be "Gain".

Version 3.1.0
Same bug appears on both VST2 and VST3 versions
Reaper 5.99
Windows 10
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnotthemessiah ➡️
Have noticed a bug with the new filter-board, copy filter feature. The current filter type is not copied correctly to the target filter number in these cases:-

COPY a "Gain" filter type to a target filter number. For example copy a "Gain" filter from filter number 7 to filter number 8. Filter number 8 will have the exact same settings except the filter type for filter 8 will be "Bandpass".

COPY any other filter type selected from those below the "Gain" filter type in the list (so that means any of those filter types listed from "D-Peak" to D-Band Pass") to a target filter number. For example copy a "D-Peak" filter from filter number 7 to filter number 8. Filter number 8 will have the exact same settings except the filter type for filter 8 will be "Gain".

Version 3.1.0
Reaper 5.99
Windows 10
Thank you. Already spotted and fixed. New release will come soon
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Say you put a high pass around 2k on DSEQ, on a full mix, and want it to remove transients/spikes/clicks (again, similar to de-ess).... anything that sounds brittle... is there a way to tell DSEQ to look for transient material, or clipped waves for that matter. Is there a way to modify the detector to specify, lack of a better word, transient vs average waveforms?

Fast attack and 10ms release sounds great, but DSEQ tends to remove too much general audio in the high freq spectrum. I'm using very gentle settings, 0.15GR and -6 GR limit. It sounds heavy handed. So I figured to ask if it is capable of targeting transients/clipped waveforms only
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesnotthemessiah ➡️

Version 3.1.0
Reaper 5.99
Windows 10
Fixed with V3.1.1, thank you
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Say you put a high pass around 2k on DSEQ, on a full mix, and want it to remove transients/spikes/clicks (again, similar to de-ess).... anything that sounds brittle... is there a way to tell DSEQ to look for transient material, or clipped waves for that matter. Is there a way to modify the detector to specify, lack of a better word, transient vs average waveforms?
Shorter attack times tackle transients, longer the tone..

Quote:
Fast attack and 10ms release sounds great, but DSEQ tends to remove too much general audio in the high freq spectrum. I'm using very gentle settings, 0.15GR and -6 GR limit. It sounds heavy handed. So I figured to ask if it is capable of targeting transients/clipped waveforms only
Maybe you increase the threshold or you use an additional peak pre-filter to lower the impact on the specific frequency range?
Here for the gear
I have an older version installe (2.2.3) if i update to the newer version are my previous proiject still compatible and dseq mantain the same settings?

Do i need to uninstall the older before install the newer?

Thanks in advance for the answers and thank you for this awesome plugin, i use it in every project
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie.T ➡️
I have an older version installe (2.2.3) if i update to the newer version are my previous proiject still compatible and dseq mantain the same settings?

Do i need to uninstall the older before install the newer?

Thanks in advance for the answers and thank you for this awesome plugin, i use it in every project
You can install and run both version in parallel.
So no need to uninstall V2.x
Here for the gear
Quote:
You can install and run both version in parallel.
So no need to uninstall V2.x
If i would prefer to hold only the latest one, the project i used the 2.2.3 version will load the 3 instead with the same parameter or isn't compatible with the latest one?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
TBProAudio

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie.T ➡️
If i would prefer to hold only the latest one, the project i used the 2.2.3 version will load the 3 instead with the same parameter or isn't compatible with the latest one?
DSEQ3 does not overwrite DSEQ2.
So if a project uses DSEQ2. DSEQ2 will be loaded if present. If not present, nothing happens (only warning: missing plugin).

So it is a good advice to keep DSEQ2 for compatibility with older projects.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…