The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Izotope releases Ozone Pro subscription service
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow ➡️
It really doesn't matter what they publish. For the tools I use for work, when there are alternatives, they do a better job than the iZotope ones. That is the only thing that counts. Publications are irrelevant to actually doing work in your studio.

Alistair
I disagree.

Publications such as these indicate a company's investment in the future, which gives confidence that the creative tools they make have the better chance of being more capable than alternatives yet to come.

I suspect most other plugin developers do not invest this level of deep research.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightjar ➡️
I suspect most other plugin developers do not invest this level of deep research.
Neither does iZotope The glorified DeepResearch™ is just folks having a bunch of ideas on what might possibly work, trying them out in some order and keeping track of what actually works and what doesn't. Just don't do stupid things like using same data for training and testing and you are good. Everybody does the same, just on a different scale.

That being said, kudos to those authors for persistence in writing the results down in a publishable form, and kudos for iZotope for allowing these to be send out to the world.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianD ➡️
I think the word you’re looking for is renter
Well, some people rent a sub. But that's a different topic.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightjar ➡️
I disagree.

Publications such as these indicate a company's investment in the future, which gives confidence that the creative tools they make have the better chance of being more capable than alternatives yet to come.
I'm talking about alternatives that already exist. Sometimes for a very long time. For instance Zynaptiq UNVEIL is a better reverb remover than RX de-verb. UNVEIL was released in 2012. It is based on neural network machine learning. I'm not aware of them publishing any papers on this topic but that tool has been fixing audio issues for me and my clients for nearly a decade.

Acon Digital dialogue extract beats RX dialogue isolate. Again, I am not aware of Acon Digital releasing any papers on this. (Although they are open about the approach they use in their tool).

Quote:
Publications are good but lack of publications doesn't say anything about the technology or science any particular developer might or might not be using inside their plugins. The only thing that counts for a product is how the actual product performs. Publications are irrelevant to my clients if I need to clean up a recording for a real world project.

Alistair
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Might be an idea for somebody to create an Izotope replacement tools list, for those wishing to migrate away and explore alternatives...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
Might be an idea for somebody to create an Izotope replacement tools list, for those wishing to migrate away and explore alternatives...
In the mastering forum there’s a thread right now about what three plug-ins you would use for mastering
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Currently I am using:

Weiss EQ1
The Glue (subtle use)
Abbey Road TG Mastering
Leapwing DynOne3 (if needed)
Waves Vitamin (if needed)
Fab L2
Tonal Balancer
Waves Loudness Meter

I’ll be looking for a replacement for tonal Balancer...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDroste ➡️

I’ll be looking for a replacement for tonal Balancer...
MasteringTheMix's Mixroom plugin springs to mind as an option...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDroste ➡️
Currently I am using:

Weiss EQ1
Probably the best EQ I've heard to date (imho).
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Ah right , that is the only MM I don’t have nor have I tried.

The only plug I use really in the Izotope range ( although I have most of them) is tonal balance purely as a visual aid....don’t use the features of plugs within plugs etc.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBP ➡️
Ah right , that is the only MM I don’t have nor have I tried.

The only plug I use really in the Izotope range ( although I have most of them) is tonal balance purely as a visual aid....don’t use the features of plugs within plugs etc.
Gullfoss as a visual aid for mixing is also good. Not to rely on it being engaged just bypass it and every now and again engage it for visual info as to the balance of your mix. Then bypass again and continue mixing. At the end just leave bypassed or remove etc.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Gullfoss as a visual aid for mixing is also good. Not to rely on it being engaged just bypass it and every now and again engage it for visual info as to the balance of your mix. Then bypass again and continue mixing. At the end just leave bypassed or remove etc.
Ok may try that , just use tonal balance on my control room.
Cheers.
Your console 1 turned up??
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok may try that , just use tonal balance on my control room.
Cheers.
Your console 1 turned up??
Yeah. A day early (tuesday) - it's awesome. Been posting all ready and I am going to post again over on the thread you pointed out later as well.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Drive ➡️
Received an email from iZotope yesterday saying they are adding more to the Pro subscription -- Neoverb Pro, Tonal Balance Control Pro, and Insight Pro. They also said they are just getting started. I'm a happy subscriber. And everything is working without problems on my Mid 2010 MacPro, so far.
I stopped buying into a promise of 'many things to come'. Slate did the same thing when they released their subscription model. In the end not much was added except for a few EQ's (like there weren't enough already) and licenced software bundles from other developers (which i didn't sign up for). I'm glad my subscription has expired.

I own almost every Izotope product and some i really like, but if the subscription model means no regular updates (with the same functionality) will be released for perpetual license holders i'm out. I guess we'll have to see how it pans out, i haven't read a statement on this yet...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Reference2 is the direct comparison. But I do like using tonal balancer in conjunction. I’ll hold onto MPS3 and just not upgrade anything.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
Reference2 is the direct comparison. But I do like using tonal balancer in conjunction. I’ll hold onto MPS3 and just not upgrade anything.
They're quoting $199 to upgrade/crossgrade to RX8 Standard now lol. In the end before the deadline I upgraded to MPS4 for the $149 which included it as well as everything else.

I definitely won't sub so I will also just keep using what I have until they no longer work etc.

I am hoping before that time arrives they will have decided to allow perpetual licences again and run sub in parallel akin to the way PA does successfully.
Gear Head

Quote:
Another vote for that plugin, it can help you resolve really quickly. Also bassroom. MTM really do an amazing job on their plugins and are cheap
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizok ➡️
...I own almost every Izotope product and some i really like, but if the subscription model means no regular updates (with the same functionality) will be released for perpetual license holders i'm out. I guess we'll have to see how it pans out, i haven't read a statement on this yet...
Right. We'll see. I do hope that doesn't happen. I like to think the best of these companies and their people.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizok ➡️
I stopped buying into a promise of 'many things to come'. Slate did the same thing when they released their subscription model. In the end not much was added except for a few EQ's (like there weren't enough already) and licenced software bundles from other developers (which i didn't sign up for). I'm glad my subscription has expired.
Not that I ever subbed. But I think Slate lured people in on certain promises made, and their previous track record of being pretty prolific for plugins. But once the sub kicked in everything seemed to have ground to a halt.

As you pointed out. Releasing 3rd party plugins that everyone had (or some equivalent at least). Meh...

I know they've released a few products but NOTHING near the amount that Slate promised. I only bought FGX on the promise that FXG-2 was around 'the corner'. That turned out to be one galaxy sized corner.

What are they releasing now? Free drum samples! I could really do with more, I mean I've only got over 20 thousand.

Anyway, the point is, I'd be somewhat worried that Izotope would start falling into that trap and stop being the innovators the are.

Personally, I've lost a lot of faith in the larger companies like Slate, NI and now Izotope?

But there's plenty of smaller companies that will take my money.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Accusonus went subscription only and now they are offering perpetual licences again.

Come on Izotope - learn from this and do both!!!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Accusonus went subscription only and now they are offering perpetual licences again.

Come on Izotope - learn from this and do both!!!
I wonder how long it’ll take them to figure out they made a mistake in my opinion... a year?

How many subscriptions did they figure they needed to maintain a viable business?

What is the new viable business how many employees?

What is the technological update plan? Continual? Yearly?
Lives for gear

Izotope licence transfer is the best in the business though...I'll give them that.

1 minute on chat and BOOM licence transferred, No fee, No fuss no hassle.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Izotope licence transfer is the best in the business though...I'll give them that.

1 minute on chat and BOOM licence transferred, No fee, No fuss no hassle.
Well, a good argument to buy is that I can resell it very quick...
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Love iZotope products and have bought most of them but with the introduction of "PRO", the advanced products that i , along with many people, spent hundreds or thousands are going to get pushed to the side in terms of support and most importantly, features.

I understand that companies need money to survive and i can understand the "PRO" version having a few better workflow features, more presets, etc but when you start adding features that should be in the advanced version as well just so people pay a subscription i can´t support that. This to me smells like a gaming industry type of strategy. This is not the way you treat loyal costumers.

And last but not least, i hope this isn´t the beggining of an Adobe type of deal when in the future if you want use iZotope´s products you need to pay for a subscription and i also hope the products i bought dont get support cut off because of that.

Sad to see, specially when you pay hard earned money instead of pirating in order to support companies who make great products.
This, along with the fact that when you ask any question you get an answer pretty fast and they solve your issue(until then I never had any type of complaint about support and their license transfer is the most fair for both parties and something every plugin and sample library developer should follow) but when you politely ask some clarification about the fact that you bought music production suite 3 in recent time and music production suite 4 comes out but your loyalty discount is ridiculous you don't get any replies has left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess greed always ruins great things. But as with anything , at the end of the day, if we don't pay for the subscriptions they have to change that. The problem is, like in the gaming industry, alot of inexperienced people out there who rely solely on their plugins or people who can afford to pay thousands of dollars over the years will still pay the subscription and mess things up for everyone else.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Sena ➡️
Love iZotope products and have bought most of them but with the introduction of "PRO", the advanced products that i , along with many people, spent hundreds or thousands are going to get pushed to the side in terms of support and most importantly, features.

I understand that companies need money to survive and i can understand the "PRO" version having a few better workflow features, more presets, etc but when you start adding features that should be in the advanced version as well just so people pay a subscription i can´t support that. This to me smells like a gaming industry type of strategy. This is not the way you treat loyal costumers.

And last but not least, i hope this isn´t the beggining of an Adobe type of deal when in the future if you want use iZotope´s products you need to pay for a subscription and i also hope the products i bought dont get support cut off because of that.

Sad to see, specially when you pay hard earned money instead of pirating in order to support companies who make great products.
This, along with the fact that when you ask any question you get an answer pretty fast and they solve your issue(until then I never had any type of complaint about support and their license transfer is the most fair for both parties and something every plugin and sample library developer should follow) but when you politely ask some clarification about the fact that you bought music production suite 3 in recent time and music production suite 4 comes out but your loyalty discount is ridiculous you don't get any replies has left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess greed always ruins great things. But as with anything , at the end of the day, if we don't pay for the subscriptions they have to change that. The problem is, like in the gaming industry, alot of inexperienced people out there who rely solely on their plugins or people who can afford to pay thousands of dollars over the years will still pay the subscription and mess things up for everyone else.
For a first comment on GS you make a very good point. You should post comments more often.
Here for the gear

Quote:
For a first comment on GS you make a very good point. You should post comments more often.
Hey, there, Neptune.

I've been a forum lurker for quite some time, even before creating an account but I actually never noticed I had no posts. Probably never did because I'm always in such a rush.

Im glad to see more people here who have the same sentiment as me when it comes to this subscription thing.

I'll do my best to participate more when possible.

All the best to you.
Gear Nut

Quote:

All this is fine until you turn on other users. That's BS.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Drive ➡️
All this is fine until you turn on other users. That's BS.
I see your point.

Maybe the way i worded myself wasn´t the best. Cut me some slack due to the language barrier(i´m portuguese) or perhaps i should say, a lack of me being able to fully express myself in the best way possible without sound like a dick.

My intention is not to criticize other users or "put them down". That was my frustration talking because i´ve seen things like this happen time and time again. It´s obviously not anyone´s fault for paying for a product they find useful, plus it´s their hard earned money; they can do whatever they please with it. But i think you can also see my point that by not voting with our wallets, we are doing a disservice to ourselves and to others, over time specially, not only with iZotope but all the other companies who will follow them(i fear we will see many more doing this in the future).

I have only but good intentions when i say we should show them(izotope) our opinions with our wallets because it is the only way they will listen.
As a musician, music producer, audio engineer, composer, whatever, i only want the best for all of us, long term. I´m on your side or the other users side, even if i poorly worded my thoughts, after all when such a drastic decision by a company affects you, it probably affects me and vice versa, unless again, we "vote" with the wallet. I don´t want us to be pimped out. Yes, great companies who produce great products should get paid by making our jobs/hobbies easier, but being taken advantage of(if you let them do it)? I can´t stay behind that.
That´s all that should matter.

All the best Warp.
GBP
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I see your point.

Maybe the way i worded myself wasn´t the best. Cut me some slack due to the language barrier(i´m portuguese) or perhaps i should say, a lack of me being able to fully express myself in the best way possible without sound like a dick.

My intention is not to criticize other users or "put them down". That was my frustration talking because i´ve seen things like this happen time and time again. It´s obviously not anyone´s fault for paying for a product they find useful, plus it´s their hard earned money; they can do whatever they please with it. But i think you can also see my point that by not voting with our wallets, we are doing a disservice to ourselves and to others, over time specially, not only with iZotope but all the other companies who will follow them(i fear we will see many more doing this in the future).

I have only but good intentions when i say we should show them(izotope) our opinions with our wallets because it is the only way they will listen.
As a musician, music producer, audio engineer, composer, whatever, i only want the best for all of us, long term. I´m on your side or the other users side, even if i poorly worded my thoughts, after all when such a drastic decision by a company affects you, it probably affects me and vice versa, unless again, we "vote" with the wallet. I don´t want us to be pimped out. Yes, great companies who produce great products should get paid by making our jobs/hobbies easier, but being taken advantage of(if you let them do it)? I can´t stay behind that.
That´s all that should matter.

All the best Warp.
Your English is very competent don’t beat yourself up.

Shame on iZotope with the MPS 3 -4 saga..... Best support in the business in my experience, maybe now they have lost that accolade.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Your English is very competent don’t beat yourself up.

Shame on iZotope with the MPS 3 -4 saga..... Best support in the business in my experience, maybe now they have lost that accolade.
Thank you GBP. I try but sometimes by thinking through a filter, things get lost in translation i guess =)

Until that point i never had a complaint either. They have always been awesome to me and i have no problem admitting that. I even sent the same message twice, in case it got lost, which could happen and it would be understandable if it did. When i got no reply despite that never happening prior to that when i asked about products or sales related questions, etc and people i know who were sending them messages about purchases, etc got their replies pretty fast i was let with a sour taste on my mouth. I wasn´t even rude when i sent them an email so giving an answer wouldn´t be that hard, even if it wasn´t the one i wanted to hear. Suffice to say i didnt upgraded to MSP4 despite wanting to support them as i did so many times now, even when i didn´t need the upgrade that bad. I did it because they had always been awesome and i believe professionals who do their work well and lead with generosity and value first(i´m not naive, i know its business tactics 101 to lead with generosity and provide value in order to get leads/mantain existing costumers but you know what i mean) deserve to get paid.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…