The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LetiMix releases GainMatch 1.2
Old 24th February 2021
Gear Maniac

Software LetiMix releases GainMatch 1.2

GainMatch was rewritten aiming for better performance and includes a lot of improvements regarding UX.

If you don't know about GainMatch, here's the main thread:
GainMatch plugin by LetiMix - fast manual and auto leveler

Better performance:
  • much lower CPU/RAM usage, faster opening time.
UI improvements:
  • reorganized menus, save as default.
  • combo scale/opacity.
  • separate "delta" button, delta improved (uses listen gain).
  • crossfades between before/delta/after.
  • see/unlink reverse link in Before, fixed reverse link issues.
  • bigger group menu when 8 groups.
  • updates notifier.
AUTO mode enhancements:
  • three auto speeds.
  • acceleration on large gain differences.
  • ear protection mode.
  • separate negative/positive limits.
  • auto-enable 'auto' for new instances.
  • auto is preserved when switching modes.
  • auto is preserved on manual adjustments.
  • return to 0 on suspend comparison.
  • wait for enough audio after suspend for before-after.
Smarter delay detection:
  • keep delay visible.
  • no need to select buffer size, better performance.
  • detects correct polarity.
  • auto-detect delay on new 'After'.
  • display delay in samples/ms/beats.
Miscellaneous:
  • hide/expose button from DAW, improved MIDI control.
  • Mono to stereo improvements, pan law.

The update is free for existing customers.

Until March 15, 2021 you can get GainMatch for $12 (instead of $19).
https://letimix.com/gainmatch
Old 24th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Your plugin rocks, dude! What a useful tool to have, honestly!
Old 24th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thumbs up

Great update !!!
Old 25th February 2021
Lives for gear

Great stuff with the update thanks but unfortunately for me, it's causing a crash on Windows 10 x64, Cubase Pro 10.5. Seems that when trying to open GainMatch 1.2 plugin Norton Security won't allow it stating "a medium risk" to your system. The older version worked fine though...

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
Old 25th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
All in.. also shared this with all my audio friends as a necessity Buy Now. Great work.
Old 25th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➑️
Great stuff with the update thanks but unfortunately for me, it's causing a crash on Windows 10 x64, Cubase Pro 10.5. Seems that when trying to open GainMatch 1.2 plugin Norton Security won't allow it stating "a medium risk" to your system. The older version worked fine though...

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Hello! We're now trying to figure this out, a few users reported this, try disabling Update Checks in Global Preferences (if you can open the plugin GUI)!

If it doesn't help, please, contact us via email: [email protected] and we'll help you out!
Old 25th February 2021
Gear Head

It works perfectly on Windows 10 reaper 64 bit. Can I leave it on when rendering or input audio artifacts? is it the right way to use it or do i have to turn it off and compensate for the gain in my plugin chain?
Old 25th February 2021
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Just heard about this plugin from a friend. Instabuy!
Old 25th February 2021
Deleted bf054fa
How do we update?
Deleted bf054fa
nvm, got it!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOscuro ➑️
It works perfectly on Windows 10 reaper 64 bit. Can I leave it on when rendering or input audio artifacts? is it the right way to use it or do i have to turn it off and compensate for the gain in my plugin chain?
Thank you!

When rendering you better turn AUTO off, cause it's working in realtime, and rendering is usually faster. If you need you can record AUTO changes as automation and then turn AUTO off, this way it'll render perfectly fine.
Old 25th February 2021
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
thank you, it is incredible, how much improvement, clever ideas & work you (and users) again and again put in this "simple" but most useful and ingenious plugin.

Last edited by TonStrom; 26th February 2021 at 02:04 PM..
Old 26th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix ➑️
Hello! We're now trying to figure this out, a few users reported this, try disabling Update Checks in Global Preferences (if you can open the plugin GUI)!

If it doesn't help, please, contact us via email: [email protected] and we'll help you out!
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try later today and let you know.

Cheers. Great product btw.
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➑️
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try later today and let you know.

Cheers. Great product btw.
Thanks @ letimix - disabling Update Checks in Global Preferences has seemed to do the trick and now GainMatch seems to be working fine for me in Cubase Pro 10.5 on Windows x64.

Thanks for your help
Old 27th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Great update overall!

But you've broken something which didn't need fixing. I used to be able to hold shift and use my scroll wheel, the gain knob would move in perfect 0.1dB steps. Now, if I do the same thing as I used to it moves in much subtler steps which even when set to gain range of 0.1dB in the settings of the plugin.

Subtle thing but now there's now way for me to reliably shift those .1dB chunks like I was used to as part of the existing workflow.

Surely, if I have selected the option for 0.1dB resolution, that is the minimum I wish to use?

I'll go back to 1.13 for now until this is remedied.

Old 28th February 2021
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Thumbs up

Great plugin!
Old 28th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger ➑️
Great update overall!

But you've broken something which didn't need fixing. I used to be able to hold shift and use my scroll wheel, the gain knob would move in perfect 0.1dB steps. Now, if I do the same thing as I used to it moves in much subtler steps which even when set to gain range of 0.1dB in the settings of the plugin.

Subtle thing but now there's now way for me to reliably shift those .1dB chunks like I was used to as part of the existing workflow.

Surely, if I have selected the option for 0.1dB resolution, that is the minimum I wish to use?

I'll go back to 1.13 for now until this is remedied.

Thank you! You're right, it was changed because of incorrect behaviour probably on 0.01 resolution, and thus broke 0.1 behaviour. Will fix it soon and post an update link for you.
Old 28th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thank you! You're right, it was changed because of incorrect behaviour probably on 0.01 resolution, and thus broke 0.1 behaviour. Will fix it soon and post an update link for you.
Hooray! Thank you very much.
Old 28th February 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
$12 is a steal. Was happy to pay $19 πŸ‘
Old 1st March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4nger ➑️
Hooray! Thank you very much.
Version 1.206 should fix this for you:
https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch/update
Old 1st March 2021
Here for the gear

Not used the plugin before, but how is this better than using your ears to get the sound you want? What does it do that helps the producer? (not a sarcastic question, just curious)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinx98 ➑️
Not used the plugin before, but how is this better than using your ears to get the sound you want? What does it do that helps the producer? (not a sarcastic question, just curious)
Well, it provides an automatic tool which you can customise to your preference giving you different workflows to achieve a precise gain matched result after a processing chain.

You could set to work automatically and it will automatically adjust the gain after processing at a given speed with a given analysis window. Meaning you can quickly slam a saturator super loud, do all kinds of insane moves with an EQ, etc, Gainmatch will adjust the gain back to unity with the preprocessed RMS or K-Weighted level.

If you want, you can simply observe the gain difference which Gainmatch has calculated and adjust the output gain of whatever effect you're currently using to bring the difference value on Gainmatch down to zero and then tune to your liking.

Or, you can take that same approach but using Gainmatch itself instead of using the auto setting.

There is great flexibility to make the gain matching workflow just how you like it. It is extremely easy to use and it does not require much attention to set up now that the latency difference is automatically calculated when you insert the before and after instances of the plugin, either side of a processing chain.

100% recommended by virtually everyone who uses this plugin.
Old 1st March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Top stuff, thanks a lot for the update.
Is there any way to tell it giving me an output of -18 (LUFS)?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by putte ➑️
Top stuff, thanks a lot for the update.
Is there any way to tell it giving me an output of -18 (LUFS)?
Thank you! Not sure I understand, but you can use "Target loudness mode" and set target value to -18dB.
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Version 1.206 should fix this for you:
https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch/update
Great work, thank you!
Old 4th March 2021
Gear Maniac

Thank you for the update! Great plugin
Old 5th March 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
My GainMatch (latest version) is broken all of a sudden. When I insert it and use the auto-function it steadily increases gain for no logical reason. When I then push the little speaker-icon all I get is an awful boomy error-sound without any of the original signal. Did a reinstall but things remain the same.

Logic Pro 10.5.1 here on Mojave 10.14.6.
Old 5th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by putte ➑️
My GainMatch (latest version) is broken all of a sudden. When I insert it and use the auto-function it steadily increases gain for no logical reason. When I then push the little speaker-icon all I get is an awful boomy error-sound without any of the original signal. Did a reinstall but things remain the same.

Logic Pro 10.5.1 here on Mojave 10.14.6.
That's sad and weird! Could you please make a video on that and send to [email protected] , for us to figure it out.
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
That's sad and weird! Could you please make a video on that and send to [email protected] , for us to figure it out.
Hi, love this plugin

I see the option for 'Measure 'Before' Loudness After Knob' which so great,

but,

is there a 'Listen to 'Before' Loudness After Knob'?
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoMax ➑️
Hi, love this plugin

I see the option for 'Measure 'Before' Loudness After Knob' which so great,

but,

is there a 'Listen to 'Before' Loudness After Knob'?
Hi, thank you!

No, there's no such button!
But you can display "listen gain" it would do pretty much the same (allows adjusting listen gain manually or automatically)! (Though if you want it to follow "Before" knob then probably it's easier just to put another gain plugin before "Before") and adjust before gain there.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…