The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LetiMix releases GainMatch 1.2
Old 10th March 2021
  #31
Gear Nut
 
I really like this plugin and use it a lot. If I don't use it often, I forget how it works and have to learn it all over again. Haha! But great stuff, and the videos are really helpful and well done.
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
  #32
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix ➡️
Hi, thank you!

No, there's no such button!
But you can display "listen gain" it would do pretty much the same (allows adjusting listen gain manually or automatically)! (Though if you want it to follow "Before" knob then probably it's easier just to put another gain plugin before "Before") and adjust before gain there.
maybe simple feature to add in next revision, it's handy for say, final main mix stereo master where I want to add some gain at the beginning of the chain to get things closer to 0db without clipping but then there is no way to do a proper comparison rms adjusted if 'Listen' can only be before this added gain. I have no more room for plugins, had to make room for 2x GainMatch.

Essentially, my Main Mix is setup as

GainMatch
Span Plus
-
-
-Colour/Saturation/EQ/MultibandComp plugins
-
-
-
GainMatch
Limiter
Span Plus
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
  #33
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoMax ➡️
maybe simple feature to add in next revision, it's handy for say, final main mix stereo master where I want to add some gain at the beginning of the chain to get things closer to 0db without clipping but then there is no way to do a proper comparison rms adjusted if 'Listen' can only be before this added gain. I have no more room for plugins, had to make room for 2x GainMatch.

Essentially, my Main Mix is setup as

GainMatch
Span Plus
-
-
-Colour/Saturation/EQ/MultibandComp plugins
-
-
-
GainMatch
Limiter
Span Plus
Thank you, I'll think about it!

Ilya
Old 10th March 2021
  #34
Gear Head
 
Can I use this plugin for level match 3 mixes to render 3 pieces and compare them in one single file?

I have the original mix of the band, my first mix and a revision of my first mix. My idea is to level match the three files and then cut the three in pieces to render one single file to make a quick blind test. Maybe I need to make a loudness match and write automation... Or is there a simpler way to do it? Thanks
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
  #35
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOscuro ➡️
Can I use this plugin for level match 3 mixes to render 3 pieces and compare them in one single file?

I have the original mix of the band, my first mix and a revision of my first mix. My idea is to level match the three files and then cut the three in pieces to render one single file to make a quick blind test. Maybe I need to make a loudness match and write automation... Or is there a simpler way to do it? Thanks
You can put GainMatch "Before" to your "reference" mix track (probably the quietest would be the best option), and "After" to the tracks you're trying to GainMatch. Use GainMatch as a meter / in manual mode adjust the gain of the "after" tracks, and then cut them the way you like.

Something like that may work, I think!
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
  #36
Gear Head
 
Thank you!!!
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
  #37
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix ➡️
Thank you, I'll think about it!

Ilya
thank you, hope to see it... It's a slight feature addition that will be more applicable to main mix/mastering and might attract more mastering engineers.
Old 11th March 2021
  #38
Here for the gear
 
8Len8's Avatar
 
I just wish there was a way to use it where 2 instances didn’t have to be put in the track. Probably no way to get any such plugin to work that way.
Old 11th March 2021 | Show parent
  #39
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoMax ➡️
thank you, hope to see it... It's a slight feature addition that will be more applicable to main mix/mastering and might attract more mastering engineers.
I'm thinking now whether "Measure 'before' loudness after knob" and "Send 'before' audio after knob" show be separated options, or makes sense to automatically combine them into a single option.
Old 11th March 2021 | Show parent
  #40
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Len8 ➡️
I just wish there was a way to use it where 2 instances didn’t have to be put in the track. Probably no way to get any such plugin to work that way.
You can have one instance if you use "Target loudness mode", then it works like a rather slow real-time leveling tool. But yes, to compare before and after you need two instances, indeed.
Old 11th March 2021 | Show parent
  #41
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix ➡️
I'm thinking now whether "Measure 'before' loudness after knob" and "Send 'before' audio after knob" show be separated options, or makes sense to automatically combine them into a single option.
Hmm..


I think I see what you're getting at, the only reason I can think of why not to combine them, is that someone may want to change the option to also A/B the volume difference.

Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #42
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoMax ➡️
Hmm..


I think I see what you're getting at, the only reason I can think of why not to combine them, is that someone may want to change the option to also A/B the volume difference.

This is similar to what we've started working on already, but I don't want to disclose too much information on that yet!
BTW I've seen your PM, thanks! Doesn't allow me to reply there, though.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #43
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoMax ➡️
Hi, love this plugin

I see the option for 'Measure 'Before' Loudness After Knob' which so great,

but,

is there a 'Listen to 'Before' Loudness After Knob'?
You can try the upcoming version, where this option now also sends audio after knob!
https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch/next
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #44
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
We've started a new branch of GainMatch 1.3 with support for Apple Silicon (M1) processors. You can check it out here:
https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch/next

This also means we'll have to drop Mac 32 bit support, so GainMatch 1.2 branch will be the last to support 32-bit plugins on Mac.

GainMatch 1.3 works on Intel 64 bit processors as well, it has some improvements and bug fixes that will be released under the 1.2 branch soon, it is still under testing. No AAX yet, because there are no Pro Tools for M1.

Enjoy!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #45
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
Just released an update 1.211/1.311 fixing some issues.
https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch/next

1.3 branch is Apple M1 ready and has only AU now.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #46
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix ➡️
Just released an update 1.211/1.311 fixing some issues.
https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch/next

1.3 branch is Apple M1 ready and has only AU now.
Are you going to stop VST?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #47
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 ➡️
Are you going to stop VST?
Certainly, not!
Just for the moment, there are not many DAWs Apple M1-ready, AU works fine in Logic and some other hosts. Later when more DAWs are ready for Apple Silicon we'll add VST3 and AAX for the 1.3 branch too.
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump