The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TRIDENT AUDIO PLUGINS NOW SHIPPING
Old 24th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thumbs up TRIDENT AUDIO PLUGINS NOW SHIPPING

GARDENA, Calif.─ PMI Audio Group has announced the release of two new Trident Digital Edition plugins. Designed from the ground up, the new Trident Digital Edition series will offer the classic Trident Series 80B, and the legendary Trident CB-9066 Plug Ins. “We look forward to working with both industry professional’s, and customers to ensure the success of the new plug ins.”

The new Trident Digital Editions feature groundbreaking technology. Using Trident's proprietary AWA(Advanced Wave Analysis), we can now offer customers the most accurate representations of Trident Plugins on today’s market, as well as offering the customer the ability to open large instances of these plugins on a session without consuming a lot of CPU power, preventing bog down of your DAW and crashes.

Free 7 day trials are available on line at the Trident Audio website at http://www.tridentaudiodevelopments....ugin-demo-page

For more information, contact PMI Audio Group, 1845 W. 169th St., Gardena, CA 90247, telephone (310) 323-9050, email [email protected] or visit the web site www.pmiaudio.com.

About PMI Audio Group:
Established in 1995, PMI Audio Group is a professional audio company located in Gardena, California, specializing in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of professional audio products for recording, video, post, film, broadcast, and the fixed installation markets. Current brands of distribution include Trident Audio Developments, Tonelux, and Studio Projects.
Attached Thumbnails
TRIDENT AUDIO PLUGINS NOW SHIPPING-145713463_2823324824581924_4107720067499953028_o.jpg  
Old 24th February 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No mention of price anywhere, so I'll post it here:

CB9066 EQ:
$179
(Intro?/Sale) $79

80B EQ:
$149
(Intro?/Sale) $59
Old 24th February 2021
Gear Nut

I'm finding that these new Trident plugs both have a lovely box tone before even using the eq!
Old 24th February 2021
Gear Nut

My demo ends tomorrow I have anxiety about it, the sale duration and my spending habits . These plugins are so smooth, musical and punchy a classy way
Old 24th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks for that! I forgot to do that... Special price is still on folks!
Old 24th February 2021
Gear Addict

Finally !
Old 25th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the info.
I think I'll try the demo.thanks!!
Gear Maniac

The CB9066 sounds really good! But I lack a volume pot. This kind of character EQ`s are mostly used in an additive way and therefore it would be good to lower the volume afterwards.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt ➡️
Thanks for that! I forgot to do that... Special price is still on folks!
If you would. please mention when the intro pricing ends. Thanks.
Need to try, no time this week however.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet.d ➡️
If you would. please mention when the intro pricing ends. Thanks.
Need to try, no time this week however.
I believe it will go through end of March as the official introductory special...
Old 26th February 2021
Gear Addict

Does it model all the components/THD of the original circuits or is it just about the curves of the hardware ?

Input and Output gain knobs would be welcome.
Old 26th February 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I have tested CB9006 further and it could be the best character eq plugin. Its THAT good!
Old 27th February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endor ➡️
Does it model all the components/THD of the original circuits or is it just about the curves of the hardware ?

Input and Output gain knobs would be welcome.
The original 80B module was used to model this. Every aspect of the module was measured to get it as close as we could, and at the end of the day, we were very happy with the comparison tests.

Most of the vintage EQ's do not have input or output gain knobs, but many do. I get what you are saying and there will be plenty opinions from users who want them, and other who don't. I myself don't care for adding more gain stages in the DAW, but that is just me.
Old 27th February 2021
Here for the gear

I have reason so there is no vst3 support. Don’t buy reason!
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Most of the vintage EQ's do not have input or output gain knobs, but many do. I get what you are saying and there will be plenty opinions from users who want them, and other who don't. I myself don't care for adding more gain stages in the DAW, but that is just me.
Probably 98% want a volume knob.Why, because its convenient.

Jaguar did a (very expensive) remake of the famous EType a couple of years ago. Did they make it exactly as it was? No they were smart and modernized some parts, as the synchronized gear shifter. Why? Because the buyers wanted the feel and looks of the EType, and not the silly pre aged problems.
Gear Maniac

I really like CB9066 on vocals, its sharp, transparent and has a sheen. But after a test with 80B my opinion on that one is the opposite, its very vintage sounding. Its kind of swampy and muddy. Did Trident use a faulty peace of equipment??
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeUppsala ➡️
I really like CB9066 on vocals, its sharp, transparent and has a sheen. But after a test with 80B my opinion on that one is the opposite, its very vintage sounding. Its kind of swampy and muddy. Did Trident use a faulty peace of equipment??
The old Trident 80b boards were far from
clean and transparent..you would know
that only if you actually worked on those
consoles (I did).

The 80b plugin sounds like I remember
the Trident board sounded.
Old 1st March 2021
80b is dope!
Old 1st March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich ➡️
The old Trident 80b boards were far from
clean and transparent..you would know
that only if you actually worked on those
consoles (I did).

The 80b plugin sounds like I remember
the Trident board sounded.
The Silo 80B was modeled from a rack unit, not the original 80B console. I am not saying that that is a bad thing, as we approved it, however, there is a difference in the way the console sounds, and the way the rack unit sounds. Those like Dave said who worked on an 80B console will know... The Trident 80B software is taken from a console.
Old 1st March 2021
Deleted 6a619e4
I donˋt know if the 9066 is modelled after the same hardware the softube emulation is based on, but if so, how do they compare?
Old 1st March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 6a619e4 ➡️
I donˋt know if the 9066 is modelled after the same hardware the softube emulation is based on, but if so, how do they compare?
SofTube never modeled the CB-9066!
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
SofTube never modeled the CB-9066!
Good to know that. I like the Silo and Trident direct releases better even if they are not the same modeling. Alan can I make a humble request (I know thats hard for me). I think if your new plugins had the option of oversampling they would hit it out of the park. I think that only reason I like the discontinued Silo versions more is that under the hood they may be oversampling (they do take up more CPU). I understand your reasoning to keep overhead low for general use but for some things like vocals or mastering were aliasing is critical over sampling would be a blessing. The newer plugins that also have online and offline oversampling options are a bonus.
Deleted 8f33f90
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSoundzz ➡️
Good to know that. I like the Silo and Trident direct releases better even if they are not the same modeling. Alan can I make a humble request (I know thats hard for me). I think if your new plugins had the option of oversampling they would hit it out of the park. I think that only reason I like the discontinued Silo versions more is that under the hood they may be oversampling (they do take up more CPU). I understand your reasoning to keep overhead low for general use but for some things like vocals or mastering were aliasing is critical over sampling would be a blessing. The newer plugins that also have online and offline oversampling options are a bonus.
They don't produce any harmonics, so what would the point of oversampling be exactly. if the filters are cramped that should be taken care of in the design, and even in that case, EQ's are linear systems so they wont produce anything above Nyquist to create aliasing
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 8f33f90 ➡️
They don't produce any harmonics, so what would the point of oversampling be exactly. if the filters are cramped that should be taken care of in the design, and even in that case, EQ's are linear systems so they wont produce anything above Nyquist to create aliasing
There should be harmonic content as it was stated that it's based on component modelling and not only curves reproduction...
Deleted 8f33f90
Quote:
There should be harmonic content as it was stated that it's based on component modelling and not only curves reproduction...
They sound completely linear to me apart from having a noisefloor
Old 3rd March 2021
Gear Nut

Tested the 9066 today, loved it a lot. The sound is classy and packs a lot of power. Adding a few db of bass just instantly makes a big difference. I'm considering buying it now.

I wonder if anyone found the 80b to be better in some ways. I read that it's more "vintage" what would that mean sonically? Is there any reason to use that? I know it's not a technical question, I'm just curious about opinions on this.
Old 3rd March 2021
Lives for gear

Would love some comparison vs the 80b 500-series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyosha ➡️
Tested the 9066 today, loved it a lot. The sound is classy and packs a lot of power. Adding a few db of bass just instantly makes a big difference. I'm considering buying it now.

I wonder if anyone found the 80b to be better in some ways. I read that it's more "vintage" what would that mean sonically? Is there any reason to use that? I know it's not a technical question, I'm just curious about opinions on this.
I am against. I wear a dirty shirt. For me, 80b is something special. I like the weight and tasty color. It is the opposite of transparent, but it is just that. Put it on a thin source and wait for the balls and magic.
9066 is cold for me : ) I can't hear what he's doing ... ok maybe little : )
If you don't want magic, use clean EQ with minimal distortion as possible - or some Weiss at least, that's a great one. But Trident? I don't know. ( PS The microphone position is still the cleanest eq in this clean-field : )
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Agreed... but I hit the demo super hard in my DAW and heard none. Looked at it in Plugin Doctor and there are no harmonics, no saturation, just a noise floor
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack ➡️
Agreed... but I hit the demo super hard in my DAW and heard none. Looked at it in Plugin Doctor and there are no harmonics, no saturation, just a noise floor
Interesting...thanks guys !
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…