The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TRIDENT AUDIO PLUGINS NOW SHIPPING
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmo ➡️
Seems like a bad decision to mix a track you intend to finish with a demo?
Maybe worth reconsidering using demo’s to finish tracks.
Yup. Also seems like most demos now are only unlicensed versions that just stay working when you pay and register. But clearly not all. My bad. But in this case I don't even know if this is the problem as since paying I have received nada in emails. Now that I have never had.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 ➡️
Yup. Also seems like most demos now are only unlicensed versions that just stay working when you pay and register. But clearly not all. My bad. But in this case I don't even know if this is the problem as since paying I have received nada in emails. Now that I have never had.
Yeah, that sucks mate!
I’m sure they’ll reach out after the weekend.
Fingers crossed your mix is ok.
Gear Head

Great job Trident

Loving the 80b, haven’t got it to sound bad yet...definitely reminds me of the 500 series 80b in that way - it just helps most sources and does the job quickly. Thanks for an awesome tool, def a funky cool plug :D
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ok, so I am hoping I am being a bit stupid here, but there is definitely a problem. I bought the 80b plug a few days ago, whilst still running the demo. No email came with any serials to feed the ilok app, nada, nothing. All I have is the paypal receipt. So i thought, ok, do I have to make an account on the Trident site and there it will be, but no, makes it an empty account. Nada. Again.

So now I have an empty Trident account, no serial, the demo is timed out, I have it all over a mix in progress that I can't finish and am basically in pause until i get the one I bought up and running. What am I missing? Didn't expect to land in this seat. Help? Please?
Hey Karloff,

I am sure there is an issue somewhere, and I am sorry that you experienced this, however, we will resolve it. Can I ask you to email [email protected] and let him know what happened, as well as when you bought it...date and time so he can confirm that the purchase went through on PayPal.

Whatever it was, we will fix it and if there is a bug or other issue on our side, we will try to resolve it. To date, it seems this is the first issue like this that we have seen. If you registered, it should have supplied you with the iLok SN#. So I am not the one who can help you technically on the process, but I can make sure it gets resolved.

Please send Justin the email....
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt ➡️
Hey Karloff,

I am sure there is an issue somewhere, and I am sorry that you experienced this, however, we will resolve it. Can I ask you to email [email protected] and let him know what happened, as well as when you bought it...date and time so he can confirm that the purchase went through on PayPal.

Whatever it was, we will fix it and if there is a bug or other issue on our side, we will try to resolve it. To date, it seems this is the first issue like this that we have seen. If you registered, it should have supplied you with the iLok SN#. So I am not the one who can help you technically on the process, but I can make sure it gets resolved.

Please send Justin the email....
Thank you, will do right now.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thank you, will do right now.
Sent you a PM
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Ok, much respect to Alan for jumping in real quick to sort me out. Turns out I have to hold my hands up for being an idiot here, as now I know that Justin sent me an email and I go look for it........I only found it in the junk folder.....and look, there's that other email from Sunday I never checked the junk for like a schoolboy. Jesus fcuk, that's embarrassing. Hey ho, some days are more functional than others, can only hold my hands up in shame and say these guys react to sort their punters out in style.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Ok, much respect to Alan for jumping in real quick to sort me out. Turns out I have to hold my hands up for being an idiot here, as now I know that Justin sent me an email and I go look for it........I only found it in the junk folder.....and look, there's that other email from Sunday I never checked the junk for like a schoolboy. Jesus fcuk, that's embarrassing. Hey ho, some days are more functional than others, can only hold my hands up in shame and say these guys react to sort their punters out in style.
No worries, glad we helped to resolve it...
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
That’s gonna be a hard one to pull it off
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

the sound, curves and lack of output forces you to make a beautiful natural sound.
I think will apply the no output theory in other EQs too. Interesting
Here for the gear

exactly!!

that`s the main reason i love these EQs.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i bought the 80b plugin. can do 6db+ on low end without distorting or crapping out. Amazing to me.

I get the current craze of everyone wanting plugins with harmonics but its really overrated...to me if you want the most authentic emulation...then buy the hardware...thats what I do. But these days when I buy a plugin it because it sounds good. the low end on the 80b is special...especially on kicks. I demoed both but the 80b was the standout for my needs
Gear Addict

Just found out a comment on Trident Facebook page by Alan Hyatt saying :
"they are ground up designs, but the master behind Silo is with Trident now..."

Might explain why these emulations are the same units as Silo Soundlabs. Still it's confusing to read that it's modelled from the ground up but by the same developper, especially after the mess that seemed to be the whole Silo episode. I thought Trident/Alan stopped collaborating with this developper.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…