SKnote release "DualR" - High Gain guitar amplifier with the new cabinet "sublymating" module. - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote release "DualR" - High Gain guitar amplifier with the new cabinet "sublymating" module.
Old 3 weeks ago
SKnote

🎧 10 years
We should model a Soldano amp

Traynor Bass-Master coming, in the meantime.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Soldano has recently been done by Nembrini and now NeuralDSP. What did they get wrong?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electro ➑️
Soldano has recently been done by Nembrini and now NeuralDSP. What did they get wrong?
Why wrong?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo ➑️
Why wrong?
Meaning why another Soldano when there are already so many? The TwinR was a great choice for example because of how few successful attempts had already been made.
SKnote

🎧 10 years
Oh, I just wrote that because in the video there was s virtual Soldano csb.

You are right, do we are making the Traynor and an HiWatt.
In any case, it is also about growing brand's "echosystem", because we are integrating everything to a package and an hw unit.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Both massive transformer amps, lots of clean headroom, very dynamic and responsive. Great choices. For people who love cleans or those who prefer clean pedal platforms, it's absolutely perfect.

I think Dan and Mick from TPS show had a few episodes on Hiwatt, the vintage genuine one, DR103 from the early 70's. They couldn't believe what they were hearing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Actually I'd rather you model an amp with a new sound, just one sound but with incredible versatility. Something original .... I don't care if it has heavy dsp use. I prefer quality over quantity and there are several ways to create more tracks with stuff that weighs on the processors. I have quite clear ideas about how it should be ....
P.s.
I have compared the DualR with NuralDSP's Plini and Fortin Nameless these days ... DualR has a higher order dynamics response, such as noise, practically absent in the DualR even with boost and gain at maximum.
Quote "I don't care how, but I'm glad you did it"
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

thought I'd remix DualR sound demos

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

another remix. DuaR Blues clean channel, boosted with a Ram's Head muff, AND, the usual suspect - R200 on send FX bus. Yamaha adding just a slight modulation and movement to the sound, making all the difference.

I can't seemingly stop praising R200 for life it breathes into any dull dry guitar track, but hey, gimme a break, will ya. I just love this thing, it rocks so hard.

per usual, I was going for David's 1980 live tone, but I think I ended up more with 1994 Doppolas, but it may as well be I'm just a fool who didn't end up anywhere. you be the judge.

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

who said Dual Rectifier can only do hi gain? nope! SKnote DComp + DualR clean channel + SKnote Misstress flanger +... you guessed it! R200 on sends.

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

DualR clean channel, R200 (insert FX), SKnote UV Uni-Vibe, SKnote P90 phaser and SKnote EchoTaps for delay duties.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Damn, some great sounds there, really great sounds
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

thanks cprompt! always supportive! cool beans!

cheers!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Will my landlord "RAISE MY RENT" in this lockdown? It is of high probability, I'm afraid.

DualR and trusty R200 work together on this one.

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Have you ever been to... the Bridge of Sighs?

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I heard Jimi used Maestro Rover for this song. Don't have Rover, but R200 works well enough. Again, not much, just a slight modulation, a bit of movement, some sense of dimension given to the tone.

Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

One stomp I always forget to show, but deserves a mention is SKnote Carbon delay, which is awesome for them dark, vibey analog delays.

Have to admit, I didn't think Dual Recto was a versatile amp. But it is! I was sorta prejudiced. It's not just a crazy hi gain to wake your neighbors at night, not at all. Clean channel is so abusable, really.

Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Going for that 1980 liquidy lady Mistress tone... SKnote Misstress and R200, with an unhealthy dose of DComp.

Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Listening to Floyd bootleg from 6th August 1980 in Earls Court, London, I felt like recording this.

As my crippled hands bent the strings, my admiration for David grew. He only just recently celebrated 75th anniversary. May he live many more years in good health and prosperity, we'll never ever have the privilege of encountering a guitar player like him.

a different guitar mix

Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
TBH, I don't like any of those demos at all, it all sounds like any primitive amp simulation from early 2000's.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

TBH, I don't like your comment at all, it sounds like any primitive trolling from early 2000's. Like any primitive trolling from any era, actually.

In all seriousness, you can criticize my playing and find it subpar, no prob at all, but you never ever had a software amp like DualR in early 2000's. That's just fairy tales and spread of false information not to be taken seriously.

Unless you want to dig up dried mummies of Guitar Rig 1 or Guitar FX Box and play with those old bones, then be my guest.

It's just people are so spoiled with options today, a few years ago amp like DualR folk would be drooling all over and throwing cash at screen at insane rate.

But... obvious troll is obvious
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Anyone else fancies heavily modulated guitar tones?

Apart from Gilmour, I always dug Alex Lifeson's CE-1 and Mistress tones. Gotta love a thick envelope of mod around my drive.

Spoke to Bjorn Riis some time ago, he totally sports these bold chorus / flanger / phasers too. Lots to be found on his YT channel.

πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…