The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 20 views: 17,934
drBill 4 weeks ago

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 29 views: 39,595
spiderman 19th August 2019

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 40,196
Shockwave 6th November 2015

hi, I can't find anything about this topic.. how do music library deal with youtube content id? do they submit the whole...

mikevsmike
replies: 2 views: 159
mikevsmike 8 hours ago

For me, international was much bigger than domestic, but nothing mind blowing. Any good news?

Desire Inspires
replies: 13 views: 1,026
Desire Inspires 1 day ago

I have occasionally wondered just what goes into sound design. Now I have been asked by a museum with which I volunteer - as a...

blwatlongwood
replies: 1 views: 90
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

Hi there folks. I have a bit of a sideline project going in and need a wonderfully designed album cover. Can anyone recommend...

chrisscomposer
replies: 7 views: 1,354
Thomasrive 1 day ago

Hi guys, hope all is good. A supervisor wants to license a (Russian Hip-Hop) song that I co-wrote. Also he’s asking if I...

TenDJiz
replies: 2 views: 204
TenDJiz 5 days ago

Want to succeed as a composer? Helping you do exactly that is what the new Composer Success Series is all about: Get...

aand
replies: 0 views: 178
aand 1 week ago

My gut reaction is that performance royalties are virus and pandemic proof, due to the fact that TV ain't going off the air...

salbinti
replies: 112 views: 7,919
lornemalvo 1 week ago

Hi, Where do you see more success ($,€). Is it from from placed commercial music, or music for underscore, tv...

Radiussound
replies: 8 views: 486
curry36 1 week ago

Is there a good string library whose player's UI is scalable? The UVI Orchestral Suite is super easy on the eye although its...

Chri
replies: 0 views: 136
Chri 1 week ago

Anyone watching the original Star Trek series on Netflix? The intro (to boldly go where no man has gone before) has William...

Sharp11
replies: 0 views: 199
Sharp11 2 weeks ago

Hitlicense is not trustable when it comes to their opportunities. They have opportunities that often has a big pay...

Mich1
replies: 309 views: 46,674
BStone 2 weeks ago

I apologize in advance if this should be in the newbie section. Recently got paid for the first time (woo!) to recorded a song...

SometimesAlways
replies: 7 views: 394
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

Want to know what went into making the music for all the 2021 'Best Original Score' Oscar nominees? I've gathered the sound...

aand
replies: 13 views: 468
Sekkle 3 weeks ago

Hi all, Hope everyone is doing okay in spite of all the disheartening stuff happening in the world at the moment. Would be...

generic1988
replies: 35 views: 2,530
Roger_Sare 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, has anyone worked with them, what are the experiences? I see they usually work with "real" bands and...

implant
replies: 5 views: 1,416
pitchtwit 3 weeks ago

Maybe the oddest thing I've come across in recent months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rZ7onunn48

Adrian Cook
replies: 13 views: 944
Adrian Cook 3 weeks ago

I’ve been looking to get into library music composition and have a question for you. Obviously using an identical title for...

jeebles
replies: 9 views: 577
Jeff Hayat 3 weeks ago

Hello To Everyone and Hope Everybody is Safe, I just got a second email direct from my website from this NRG Agency about...

johnemil
replies: 16 views: 2,718
Jeff Hayat 3 weeks ago

Has anyone signed up with MLC? I'm a bit out of the loop on it. Is there a downside to registering/not registering with them? ...

Troy Engle
replies: 23 views: 990
Desire Inspires 4 weeks ago

Just re-discovered this soundtrack. I played this game a ton when I was a young teen. You could put the CD in a CD player and...

Amber
replies: 26 views: 7,153
Caine 4 weeks ago

I run a studio and we have been growing a bit too fast and yesterday we have been asked to do a complete rebranding of a huge...

AnonymousGoose
replies: 8 views: 673
goodkeys 4 weeks ago

I am a long-time record label owner, producer and recording engineer with pretty high-end recording studio at my finger tips:...

AudioSoundzz
replies: 136 views: 16,039
drBill 4 weeks ago

Hey people, So I'm interested in hearing what your thoughts are on 'creative limitation'. With access to so many samples now,...

WarPig
replies: 0 views: 199
WarPig 4 weeks ago

Big discussion about this on VI Control. Essentially: This dude hired a bunch of composers on ‘Fiver,’ bought...

jazz4
replies: 29 views: 1,680
Adrian Cook 4 weeks ago

Hi everybody i would know if there is a way to upload your songs unreleased on SC and YT without the risk to be stolen and...

jap_
replies: 2 views: 165
jap_ 4 weeks ago

Hi guys, Jesse Josefsson is helping people out to be successful as a composer in the Production Music world. He states he...

Radiussound
replies: 54 views: 4,661
Adrian Cook 17th March 2021

Hi folks, I just subscribed a few days ago to Tunesat for one month, to try out the paid service vs the free one. Right...

FrankDandrea
replies: 15 views: 820
Danny Scott 1st March 2021

Hello to everyone! I am working with H8 Zoom one month now. I had recently this strange sound, this annoying buzz-pulse. ...

RoumTone
replies: 1 views: 261
RoumTone 17th February 2021

Sorry for the long post. So I've composed several times for a director friend of mine on small indie docs where i was also...

nambams
replies: 9 views: 745
Jcoop 17th February 2021

Hi I know that using melodic audio loops and even audio drum loops can get a library track flagged as a dup of other tracks that...

composer123
replies: 11 views: 725
composer123 15th February 2021

Hi, Just found their site, but have never heard of them myself. Does anybody here have any experience with them? Good,...

SonicMoon
replies: 6 views: 1,559
Desire Inspires 13th February 2021

Anyone come across this library? $200 a year unlimited downloads. A very user friendly model but wondering how good it is for...

tomjonson
replies: 46 views: 7,908
Adrian Cook 12th February 2021

Hello, This could be a computer forum question, but I think the people who will have the best answer to this question are over...

gearstudent
replies: 10 views: 844
Desire Inspires 10th February 2021

I wrote some music for some clients, and retaining copyright, I distributed the album via CD Baby to multiple streaming platforms...

becks bolero
replies: 5 views: 812
becks bolero 9th February 2021
replies: 0 views: 333
lunecha 8th February 2021

Just saw that as I logged into my acct. More info: https://musicrow.com/2020/10/bmg-eliminates-controversial-royalty-deduction/

Jeff Hayat
replies: 2 views: 877
Cosmicdolphin 5th February 2021

I know this discussion has gone on forever ad nauseum, but no matter how many opinions I read I end up frustrated because no one...

buzzripper
replies: 3 views: 442
drBill 4th February 2021

hello, i have been researching royalty-free production music. there are very short music segments lasting less than ten...

gearstudent
replies: 2 views: 426
gearstudent 3rd February 2021

Hello everyone, So I just got this new contract for music conservatories and they want to record 63 musicians in different...

simonwalls
replies: 7 views: 431
tromostheory 1st February 2021

Hello, Is there a primer on how to mix for TV, mainly underscore stuff? I've learnt to keep 200-600 Hz somewhat less crowded...

mwarsell
replies: 9 views: 1,205
avensis 1st February 2021

In case you don't know! 15gb of Kontakt instruments for 3 bucks and includes a basic version of postcard...

Audio Child
replies: 0 views: 410
Audio Child 29th January 2021

I am not one for posting product announcements here, but this is exciting. And if it's not D2, I am sure it will be awesome....

Jeff Hayat
replies: 51 views: 2,934
Jeff Hayat 28th January 2021

Hello fellow Gearslutz -- I'll try to keep this concise, but specific. I've searched everywhere but can't seem to identify a...

jrbishopmusic
replies: 12 views: 645
jrbishopmusic 27th January 2021

Dear Contributor, We are notifying you that we are retiring the Getty Images Music Portal platform in early June. To meet the...

Desire Inspires
replies: 14 views: 2,563
freshdax 26th January 2021

I've had it sitting on my desk for 3 months. 2021 has blessed me (and many others I'm sure) some actual time to experiment with...

Eddyster
replies: 0 views: 405
Eddyster 24th January 2021

Hi all, I've been doing sound and music for video games every day for about 12-13 years now, and audio for about 28...

InGameSound
replies: 4 views: 1,500
avensis 24th January 2021

I've left my original P.R.O. in Europe, and became member of BMI (for the world) from April 2018. During these years I've...

SonicMoon
replies: 6 views: 719
SonicMoon 21st January 2021

I know there are a lot of people here doing production music, so it seems like a good place to ask; does anyone have any...

StevenMcDonald
replies: 11 views: 1,518
StevenMcDonald 21st January 2021

Hi, I'm putting together a system for cinematic composition. I'm using Cubase 11 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 7. I've just gotten...

buzzripper
replies: 10 views: 588
skkain 17th January 2021

I'm wondering if anyone can help here. I am in Canada, so I am with SOCAN. But do I need to also register with an American PRO if...

Vubble
replies: 1 views: 390
Sanderb 16th January 2021

Moderators