The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 20 views: 23,784
drBill 25th March 2021

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 29 views: 45,360
spiderman 19th August 2019

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 45,743
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Introducing SphereTrax - A carefully curated gallery of high end soundtracks, songs, a cutting edge label and an innovative...

SphereTrax
replies: 0 views: 1
SphereTrax 10 minutes ago

I found this thing of quantize all tracks when you do a film score mockup. Many people say that results are good and that most...

Max Pa
replies: 10 views: 243
Max Pa 1 day ago

For the past two quarters, I received unexpectedly high deposits from ASCAP! One of them though, I'm not sure why... For...

genshi
replies: 8 views: 801
TomPaul 2 weeks ago

Hello, fellow Gearslutz people, I guess I haven't posted anything for a while. I've been lurking around here, enjoying...

lune856
replies: 7 views: 1,225
Xavier001 3 weeks ago

Hello, Royalties on most shows fade over time as less people are interested in a show and the shows get replaced by other...

gearstudent
replies: 1 views: 248
riffwraith 3 weeks ago

Hello, I am getting ready to join BMI as a production music writer. My goal is to work with standard publishing companies in...

gearstudent
replies: 16 views: 844
gearstudent 3 weeks ago

Seriously? https://variety.com/2022/awards/opinion/oscars-original-score-music-left-off-telecast-1235188124/?fbclid=IwAR0oKGBp2...

riffwraith
replies: 24 views: 1,569
marchinstin 4 weeks ago

Hi all! I wrote a bunch of production music between 2015-2019, a decent portion of which is still being used, but then kinda...

ice622
replies: 2 views: 492
Rasmus Faber 4 weeks ago

Hi, Does anyone have German detections these days? I usually have detections almost every day till May, but now it's zero...

SonicMoon
replies: 4 views: 298
SonicMoon 4 weeks ago

hi all. ive been using the ostinatos for a while but just invested in lots of the phrase based libraries. they are great BUT so...

benjiboko
replies: 9 views: 199
riffwraith 24th May 2022

Suddenly I received a large check from ASCAP and an even larger check from Tunecore. They are in the several...

WanderingScholar
replies: 8 views: 560
Trashman 24th May 2022

Hi Guys and Girls, I 've been producing for a very long time but just recently started playing around with orchestral and...

SDK
replies: 12 views: 537
SDK 19th May 2022

Hey all, Just recently watched the 2020 remake of Stephen King's "The Stand", I thought it was pretty good. One of...

JBRecording
replies: 1 views: 263
avensis 14th May 2022

How do you control dynamics in the LPG (Legato/Portamento/Glissando) patches - when the velocity parameter is used to trigger the...

seaking
replies: 3 views: 474
avensis 14th May 2022

Hey folks, I register my songs at SESAC both as publisher and writer. So far, I tracked all TV shows where my music is...

FrankDandrea
replies: 0 views: 266
FrankDandrea 6th May 2022

Hi, Just found their site, but have never heard of them myself. Does anybody here have any experience with them? Good,...

SonicMoon
replies: 10 views: 3,111
music4media 3rd May 2022

Hey everyone. I'm sound effect artist like nature sounds and relaxation sounds. I bought Boost subscription on Amuse but later...

naturesounds2022
replies: 2 views: 250
riffwraith 3rd May 2022

Ah nevermind, please just delete this thread. It's all a waste of time anyway

ohwell
replies: 5 views: 700
mdme_sadie 30th April 2022

Hi all, Today I published an open letter to raise awareness of the aggressive devaluation and exploitation that's currently...

lewis_foster
replies: 124 views: 14,856
Desire Inspires 21st April 2022

Hello, I noticed a lot of production music is centered around ostinatos, where a repeating pattern evolves and builds, without...

gearstudent
replies: 7 views: 577
allklier 16th April 2022

In a tricky situation where publisher B wants a track right now, possibly for a theme of a show where I have recreated short...

Amber
replies: 15 views: 802
sourpatch 13th April 2022

Hey guys, I'm a studio engineer who has been asked to help with an independent project for film. While I'm very well across...

Jupiter Whistles
replies: 5 views: 317
gearstudent 8th April 2022

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but anyone who has created music for media has songs that have been used and have not received...

Desire Inspires
replies: 41 views: 3,455
Desire Inspires 3rd April 2022

I'm early in the process of putting together music videos for a few songs I made. I just got Magix Video Pro X 11, but am just...

PHG
replies: 2 views: 239
PHG 26th March 2022

Get the in-depth story behind the score for Uncharted, in this interview with award-winning composer Ramin Djawadi - here, he...

aand
replies: 1 views: 287
riffwraith 25th March 2022

For my live productions, I want to add a similar display that has this kind of info. Hans also uses streamers here which I can...

InnerForceMusic
replies: 0 views: 253
InnerForceMusic 24th March 2022

Can someone please explain to me the difference between NTSC, PAL, and HD audio/video formats and why it might be important to...

session bass
replies: 4 views: 331
session bass 21st March 2022

I know I sound like an idiot in this post. And I know what site I'm on. Please go easy. Hey all! So I'm a US composer, my...

frizzy
replies: 2 views: 367
riffwraith 15th March 2022
replies: 4 views: 818
Desire Inspires 14th March 2022

I have a question regarding licensing out my music. Do I use a 3rd party service that allows me to post all of the music I'm...

replies: 5 views: 635
drBill 14th March 2022

From the article: "All visual productions that use music require a synchronization license (AKA "sync license")...

RKMusic
replies: 2 views: 462
drBill 14th March 2022

I assume its fairly straightforward, processing a single dynamic mic and probably a couple of crowd mics. I'm just curious and...

Koolaidjammer
replies: 3 views: 314
drBill 14th March 2022

Hello, My production music process is going to be a combination of vst instruments and also live instruments, including the...

gearstudent
replies: 12 views: 863
drBill 14th March 2022

Interesting. I always scoff at arts like this; they are always filled with some truths, but always have some non-truths,...

riffwraith
replies: 27 views: 1,720
drBill 14th March 2022

Got a small royalty check for youtube plays with performance type FF. Any idea what that means? None of the videos show the...

mandodon
replies: 6 views: 772
riffwraith 11th March 2022

Anyone come across this library? $200 a year unlimited downloads. A very user friendly model but wondering how good it is for...

tomjonson
replies: 51 views: 10,864
mrnabo 5th March 2022

Hello, As I develop my classical instrument arranging skills, I am finding that having some convincing and pleasant-sounding...

gearstudent
replies: 1 views: 267
muziksculp 27th February 2022

When delivering video exports for clients to review, is there a filename code/abbreviation for delivering video exports a) with...

FastMusic
replies: 0 views: 205
FastMusic 18th February 2022

Hey everyone, I just posted my final "music licensing" based podcast. I'd rather stub my toe than talk any longer...

JohnFulford
replies: 0 views: 398
JohnFulford 9th February 2022

Dear Slutz, Is anyone else here distributing his work (to appear on Spotify etc.) via Songtradr? I actually have two...

freshdax
replies: 1 views: 716
Desire Inspires 29th January 2022

Hello, I recently got down into the rabbit hole of library music and there is so much to discover - some really great music...

filter_freak
replies: 0 views: 293
filter_freak 28th January 2022

So given that this forum is filled with library music related topics, I thought it might be an idea for us all to share our own...

AsherP
replies: 105 views: 14,439
mikevsmike 26th January 2022

I am not one for posting product announcements here, but this is exciting. And if it's not D2, I am sure it will be awesome....

riffwraith
replies: 52 views: 3,849
Shaggy2039 24th January 2022

I have some tracks due be released in the USA with Warner Chappell Production Music. I've heard lots of positive things about...

ohwell
replies: 12 views: 2,511
drBill 18th January 2022

Hi! What softsynth would you recommend for realistic strings, woodwinds and brass etc? I was offered a job to make ”cinematic...

Ronski
replies: 9 views: 1,424
Ronski 12th January 2022

I've basically always written from a totally blank slate, pulling up a piano in Kontakt, then grabbing a Bass from EZ Bass,...

joshrose
replies: 6 views: 1,634
feck 10th January 2022

I'm starting composing again after very long break so I need to buy a new computer (PC) but also sound libraries. I own I think...

Falcon1
replies: 4 views: 869
Falcon1 9th January 2022

Hello, Orchestral Tools has a sale right now: all five Metropolis Arks for 999 Euros. Is this something to capitalize on? I'm...

gearstudent
replies: 7 views: 948
riffwraith 9th January 2022

So I thought it would be kinda fun to go through my end-of-year financials and make a little visual representation of my income...

StevenMcDonald
replies: 2 views: 1,055
David Parfit 3rd January 2022

Hi everyone, Edit: Let me start by saying: it’s BPM in stead of BMP. I can’t recall where I heard or read this but it was...

Radiussound
replies: 8 views: 835
riffwraith 29th December 2021

Moderators