The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Some great info here from a valued and knowledgeable source. you know who you are ;)... While usually copying other copywritten...

narcoman
replies: 20 views: 25,280
drBill 25th March 2021

Hi all I'm working on a new business model with a huge lump of fair trade for the composer. I need a bit of market research...

narcoman
replies: 29 views: 46,823
spiderman 19th August 2019

In some kind of misguided attempt to attract some of the excellent working writers, producers and mixers in the film and game biz...

narcoman
replies: 18 views: 47,146
Shockwave 6th November 2015

Hi, First of all - I'm still learning the basics of orchestration. I am far from a professional. :) I'm using EastWest...

Boberg
replies: 18 views: 3,749
Desire Inspires 3 days ago

Hello to all and Happy New Year, I’m a musician based in the USA and I’m looking for a bank that has no wire transfer fees....

Melvinmars
replies: 4 views: 309
riffwraith 6 days ago

Hello, i'm coming from 'regular' music; writing and producing tracks that mostly get released on indie labels, on physical &...

Broader
replies: 4 views: 290
boombapdame 1 week ago

Currently i'm studying the ins and outs of the library music world and one of the things i'm starting to read into are cue...

Broader
replies: 3 views: 295
Broader 1 week ago

Hello everybody, hope you will have a blessed 2023! Currently there's a thing that i am trying to figure out regarding music...

Broader
replies: 4 views: 246
BeefSupreme 2 weeks ago

1- Do film composers watch the film before signing the contract? Can I see the full movie or at least the film script, or the...

Max Pa
replies: 8 views: 400
minko.kalsbeek 2 weeks ago

And so we move closer towards pennies replacing pounds re performance royalties in the UK. This is very...

JJAM
replies: 14 views: 590
Desire Inspires 2 weeks ago

Hello guys! Here is a song (it is in russian) - https://youtu.be/EJkc-8qg4rA?t=22 Help me to identify the synth used in this...

bitbit
replies: 4 views: 204
CFB4 3 weeks ago

A publishing house with a longtime relationship and weekly deals with Discovery, NBC and several other TV channels has asked me...

tluke
replies: 16 views: 538
Poly 3 weeks ago

What if a director/producer doesn’t want to do a contract with me? Is it enough registering my music to ASCAP/BMI before...

Max Pa
replies: 29 views: 742
Poly 3 weeks ago

It’s time to refresh my string libraries can you help? I have a pop project where I feel that a Philip Glass vibe or...

GRiFF
replies: 0 views: 161
GRiFF 3 weeks ago

I'm a beginner so I don't know anything about this but I heard that is important to partecipate to events and meet new people in...

Max Pa
replies: 6 views: 394
Max Pa 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm starting to record an educational tutorial and I have a Shure SM58 for the job. My room is untreated. My...

Weekend
replies: 8 views: 300
NorseHorse 4 weeks ago

I may be picking up some audio work for a TV commercial which states the audio must be 'TV compliant for UK & Australia'. How...

Charb
replies: 3 views: 341
mattrixx 4 weeks ago

Could anyone give me more clarity on the legalities of doing covers? I believe you do not need copyright agreements to do them...

MUSICMUSIC
replies: 1 views: 162
riffwraith 4 weeks ago

I've never actually shared any of my work in a discussion thread before, so just looking for feedback to see how this orchestral...

ascendant1
replies: 3 views: 257
Brent Hahn 12th December 2022

Hi, Just found their site, but have never heard of them myself. Does anybody here have any experience with them? Good,...

SonicMoon
replies: 11 views: 3,919
DaveKeys 9th December 2022

Hello, Is there a primer on how to mix for TV, mainly underscore stuff? I've learnt to keep 200-600 Hz somewhat less crowded...

mwarsell
replies: 10 views: 1,914
hamishduke 5th December 2022

There is something that can really take me out of the flow while making music. I have invested a lot in my Digital Studio and I...

Radiussound
replies: 16 views: 1,638
BeefSupreme 3rd December 2022

are supposed to come out soon, new etc...I don't know a ton about this and have komplete ult 10, and some 8dio stuff...css seems...

monet
replies: 5 views: 395
goodkeys 20th November 2022

I compose a lot of library production music. Big and epic sounding drums are a recurring request for the tracks I produce....

t89472
replies: 8 views: 669
riffwraith 11th November 2022

Hi all, I have been working in stereo for 20 years and I’m about to start working for the first time on mixing music (for a...

wozi
replies: 5 views: 268
wozi 30th October 2022

Hello everyone! I am planning on finally diving into Samuel Adler’s The Study of Orchestration. I have the 3rd edition and I...

pettah93
replies: 24 views: 11,690
exodia9 23rd October 2022

Could the news of the day be any worse? No matter how they tried to sugar coat it, this is a bad harbinger for BMI writers and...

drBill
replies: 20 views: 934
Avatar for Deleted d9803d33c44322b
Deleted d9803d33c44322b 14th October 2022

Hi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKfeic6P6bM did they used side chain compression in the intro for the rain and the...

future_
replies: 0 views: 176
future_ 3rd October 2022

Hello! New poster here, and new music artist. I am writing some scores for my website in motion picture format. I would like to...

BNTKidsStudios
replies: 4 views: 481
standup 29th September 2022

I have a question regarding the name displayed with my music in cue sheets, music libraries, etc., with my IPI. Currently, my...

FastMusic
replies: 6 views: 330
riffwraith 23rd September 2022

I’ve managed to get by with a minimal writing template that incorporates some basic aux sends, instrument busses and mix/vofx...

summit23
replies: 1 views: 276
drBill 23rd September 2022

Does anybody know how to disable the undo command keyboard shortcut when the Omnisphere window is open? John

jackmack
replies: 2 views: 231
jackmack 22nd September 2022

Hi guys, with the german GEMA it was/is the case that when you registered with them, that you thereby transferred the...

Basti_Muc
replies: 7 views: 519
Desire Inspires 20th September 2022

Seriously? https://variety.com/2022/awards/opinion/oscars-original-score-music-left-off-telecast-1235188124/?fbclid=IwAR0oKGBp2...

riffwraith
replies: 26 views: 2,119
Snorktop 15th September 2022

Got an offer to do a full album for Sonoton. I know they are a big house and heard good things about them - could any of you good...

implant
replies: 65 views: 5,592
ohwell 29th August 2022

hey guys with all the talk lately of the industry been completely saturated i'm just wondering what are peoples opinions on which...

dannymc
replies: 59 views: 11,294
curry36 25th August 2022

Hi all! I wrote a bunch of production music between 2015-2019, a decent portion of which is still being used, but then kinda...

ice622
replies: 6 views: 1,166
telecode 17th August 2022

Hello friends. I’ve been on YouTube this evening, and found an old Bionic Woman video with a particular sound effect that...

Micoholic
replies: 9 views: 622
Frankie Mumbles 16th August 2022

Just a newbie, I know that there are many websites and socials and business things, VSTs and so to register in, so how many mail...

Max Pa
replies: 2 views: 405
jerry123 12th August 2022

Hello To Everyone and Hope Everybody is Safe, I just got a second email direct from my website from this NRG Agency about...

johnemil
replies: 41 views: 6,787
riffwraith 9th August 2022

Apps like Netflix, Hulu, etc. Has there been an improvement in backend royalties at all? Does anyone have concrete numbers...

maxiedaniels
replies: 2 views: 411
riffwraith 8th August 2022

What are the Best Hardware Tools that Composers use to Enhance Productivity?

hubercraft
replies: 0 views: 427
hubercraft 2nd August 2022

Low budget indie that I also shot, edited, and directed. 13 tracks of Kronos, 1 track Virus TI, 1 track Deepmind 12 keyboard,...

Scoopicman
replies: 0 views: 249
Scoopicman 30th July 2022

See subject.. I've watched various videos and seen people use the ancient doepfer pocket fader, a guy from spitfire using the...

basehead617
replies: 12 views: 8,491
oceantracks 30th July 2022

Hey everyone, I'm wanting to compose music for a movie trailer and was wondering if there are any movie trailers without...

WoodysProduce
replies: 10 views: 9,280
danniifka 28th July 2022

I've usually found that my trailer tracks are heavy in the sub/low end in comparison to well known tracks, and I've been trying...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 369
riffwraith 27th July 2022

Once upon a time (in these forums, if I'm not mistaken), I read some advice suggesting artists can join ASCAP as a writer and BMI...

Resort Records
replies: 3 views: 388
Resort Records 23rd July 2022

Do I run into any problems when I use vocal samples from splice for my sync projects?

Radiussound
replies: 3 views: 485
riffwraith 22nd July 2022

For the past two quarters, I received unexpectedly high deposits from ASCAP! One of them though, I'm not sure why... For...

genshi
replies: 13 views: 1,409
spiderman 20th July 2022

A client is having trouble reaching the person who normally handles their sync rights for advertising. Anyone have a...

Fred Story
replies: 0 views: 390
Fred Story 14th July 2022

Recently I was talking to my life-long friend and frequent client about some of the music that was done in my studio. He reminded...

Kronos147
replies: 0 views: 320
Kronos147 13th July 2022

I scored a documentary for Netflix about 3 years ago and was fortunate enough to work on a NON work-for-hire basis, retaining my...

jblmoon
replies: 0 views: 434
jblmoon 12th July 2022

Can someone please explain what is difference of using a resource like Songtrust vs Direct registration with the P.R.O.'s. like...

protools123
replies: 31 views: 16,696
davernoise 5th July 2022

Moderators