Cinematic Track: "World´s Collision" - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cinematic Track: "World´s Collision"
Old 27th February 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Cinematic Track: "World´s Collision"

Hi there my GS friends.

Again im here to "show" you my latest Track....

Hope you like it!

Plot:

Two Planets ( earth and another alien planet ) in Collision...and one hero to save all the humans...

https://soundcloud.com/gzu/world-s-collision

Comments are very welcome!!!

Best Regards
Old 27th February 2014
Deleted User
Liking the electronic percussion, and would like to hear more of it. Would also like to hear some synths, think it would work well with the theme.
The first section before the percussion was cool, was hoping the rest of the track would be like that
Old 27th February 2014
kdm
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Hey - the title caught my attention at first as I recently posted a piece to SoundCloud called "World's Collide", lol. Completely different though so it's just coincidence, but thought I would offer some feedback since you asked.

Overall it is a nice track - it fits that style. Personally I like to hear a bit more development than the current epic trend, but that's personal taste, so I'll just address the mix aspects for now.

It sounds rather compressed - did you compress the mix or push it pretty hot into the master? If you are uploading mp3s to SoundCloud, that can account for some, but not all (upload full wavs for "best" results). The mix is a bit dense, even for this style. Here in the studio, the lows are a bit heavy. For the style of course things are going to be "full", but in general, I would suggest working to keep the mix a bit clearer, and that also means looking at the arrangement. What did you use for strings and choir?

One thing that really muddies up "epic" tracks quickly is doubling of sections - lots of layered chords between instruments. Also chords with libraries that don't have true divisi and using wetter mic options can quickly result in a very thick and difficult to manage mix (and unrealistic arrangements as well - e.g. 58 violins from a 4 note chord across Violins 1 and 2 would be a rather dense sound). Also, be careful of wet, heavy percussion, synth and choir parts that can quickly cover up everything else, especially when the mix is compressed (and orchestral really shouldn't ever be compressed, imho, but this is a pop world.....).

Hope that helps and comes through as constructive feedback, as it is intended. There are some nice ideas in there.
Old 27th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nice stuff, Gzu. Took listen through several other pieces as well. We should get you hooked up with real orch on these pieces.
Old 1st March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Epic! I actually got goosebumps lol. Can definitely hear this being in a videogame or movie.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Hi there

Thank you so much!Nice words,and tips.

Best regards.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…