Quantcast
Is this genre licensable? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is this genre licensable?
Old 4 weeks ago
Is this genre licensable?

There are soo many libraries out there and there are always libraries that will accept tracks like these.
This isn't really documentary music, but I believe this genre is licensable.

I am on a little holiday. Made this track on my laptop speakers, so the mixing and mastering part is not done yet.

I guess this question is more for the musicians who have quite some experience in the music bizz.

Here's the link to my track:

https://soundcloud.com/spectralsound...f426c7d3c3529c

Thanks a lot!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiussound ➡️
There are soo many libraries out there and there are always libraries that will accept tracks like these.

I am on a little holiday. Made this track on my laptop speakers, so the mixing and mastering part is not done yet.

I guess this question is more for the musicians who have quite some experience in the music bizz.

Thanks a lot!
It is daytime TV music. As a genre it is very licensable but it has to be done really well otherwise it can sound twee and dated.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Nothing wrong with it at all. I would say the issue you might get is some publishers will tell you it's not really going anywhere and is not focused. They may also mention that libraries are full with this type of track and it needs to stand out more.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cook ➡️
Nothing wrong with it at all. I would say the issue you might get is some publishers will tell you it's not really going anywhere and is not focused. They may also mention that libraries are full with this type of track and it needs to stand out more.
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your input.
A clear message. I do not know what 'not focused' is.
Can you explain what it means 'not focused'?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornemalvo ➡️
It is daytime TV music. As a genre it is very licensable but it has to be done really well otherwise it can sound twee and dated.
Hi Lornemalvo,
Thanks for your input.
Nice to know it is daytime TV music.
I will listen more to tracks in this genre on tv.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

It's a licensable sound, sure.

Don't know if my opinion is worth anything to you, but my libraries would tell me that track is way too plodding. It just kinda plows ahead with the same idea for ages. Needs some strong A-B section distinctions. The most interesting part is the Allman Brothers type guitar riff at the beginning and end, but that is quickly replaced by somewhat generic horn stabs and stuff.

I'd probably slip into a tom groove half way through, and search for a second idea around that, and use that Allman hook to breakdown back into an A Prime.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Thanks a lot!
that track fits right in shows like house hunters, as is...too bad HGTV dont pay
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Good track. Make 9 to 11 more and shop your album around.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Nice track and job overall you've done. I'd say this will be a great track for a TV show or main menu theme of a computer game. Relaxing and pleasurable song. Don't be so critical of yourself, it's done very nicely!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Yes, this genre is licensable. This is a nice track. This is suitable for all likes video, game etc.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…