Quantcast
.jpg of score to MIDI file? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
.jpg of score to MIDI file?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
.jpg of score to MIDI file?

Is there anyone who knows how to make a MIDI file out of a .jpg of a score. (I hate to say we are not in a rush but....)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman ➡️
Is there anyone who knows how to make a MIDI file out of a .jpg of a score.
Don't say it. Don't say it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman ➡️
(I hate to say we are not in a rush but....)
Ah, you said it.

Get the jpg into a pdf, and then take to google, and type in "pdf to midi". There is an app called musescore that I think does this, I have also heard of ab app called scanscore.

Let us know how you make out.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks Jeff.
First you made me laugh (always good!)
then you got me started.
1) jpg to pdf
2) https://musescore.com/import
3) Load musescore file
4) Export as MIDI

Scanscore is US 179,-
Sibelius 7 does it too, but person I'm doing this for does not have it (nor me)
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
So you are asking how to rip off someone else’s score and pass it off as your own?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desire Inspires ➡️
So you are asking how to rip off someone else’s score and pass it off as your own?
Pessimist, you.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat ➡️
Pessimist, you.
Yes, a little.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hm that doesn't have to be the case. There can be plenty legit reasons to want this. I've had this scenario a lot myself where I just want to extract my own parts from a larger score and be able to engrave it in a way which is usable for me. Not all engravers make usable choices when creating scores/parts.

Sibelius had some additional applications from other vendors which worked similar:
  1. Myriad PDFtoMusic
  2. Neuratron PhotoScore.

Check this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_music_recognition
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by santibanks ➡️
Hm that doesn't have to be the case. There can be plenty legit reasons to want this. I've had this scenario a lot myself where I just want to extract my own parts from a larger score and be able to engrave it in a way which is usable for me. Not all engravers make usable choices when creating scores/parts.

Sibelius had some additional applications from other vendors which worked similar:
  1. Myriad PDFtoMusic
  2. Neuratron PhotoScore.

Check this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_music_recognition
That does not sound legitimate!

If you want to know how a score is done, you do not take a picture of it and try to convert it into a MIDI file. You either learn to compose it yourself or work with the original composer(s) to be taught how it was done.

Technology has enabled a generation of people who do not want to learn anything about how to create music. Shameful.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
That does not sound legitimate!

If you want to know how a score is done, you do not take a picture of it and try to convert it into a MIDI file. You either learn to compose it yourself or work with the original composer(s) to be taught how it was done.
Good to see you are the arbiter of what is legitimate or not. I'm talking about extracting parts to play and making legible scores so that it is easier to read. Or trying to turn hand written scores into digital ones. Learning how to compose has nothing to do with that in the first place.

Quote:
Technology has enabled a generation of people who do not want to learn anything about how to create music. Shameful.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…