Quantcast
Placement on a show on SnapChat ! ?? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Placement on a show on SnapChat ! ??
Old 19th August 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Placement on a show on SnapChat ! ??

Had a placement with my co-writer ona show called Endless Summer that 'airs' on SnapChat.

I had no idea this was even a thing...Original content streaming on a social media App.

I am guessing I am due half of not much very but has anyone else had their music used on SnapChat ?
Old 19th August 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicdolphin ➡️
Had a placement with my co-writer ona show called Endless Summer that 'airs' on SnapChat.

I had no idea this was even a thing...Original content streaming on a social media App.

I am guessing I am due half of not much very but has anyone else had their music used on SnapChat ?
A buddy of mine was music supervisor on a Snapchat "show". They have decent budgets! So do shows on Facebook actually.
Old 20th August 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFulford ➡️
A buddy of mine was music supervisor on a Snapchat "show". They have decent budgets! So do shows on Facebook actually.
Cool - I haven't heard anything about a sync fee..was thinking more about backend ?

Is it classed as streaming ?
Old 21st August 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Cool - I haven't heard anything about a sync fee..was thinking more about backend ?

Is it classed as streaming ?
Ah dang..I could be wrong but there's no back-end on Snapchat. The front-end sync should be decent, they're a big money tech company and have money to spend on syncs..
Old 21st August 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The front-end sync should be decent, they're a big money tech company and have money to spend on syncs..
Thanks John - Appreciate your podcast BTW , always a good listen.
Old 28th September 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Ah dang..I could be wrong but there's no back-end on Snapchat. The front-end sync should be decent, they're a big money tech company and have money to spend on syncs..
Turned out it was $33 blanket share
Old 30th September 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Turned out it was $33 blanket share
Nice! That's not bad considering the content only "lives" for 24 hours or so...
Old 7th March 2020
Here for the gear

Hey all, I just landed a $5k (split 50% with publisher) sync placement for a snapchat show. They're using the track as a theme and the contract mentions back end royalties. Can anyone share a similar experience or does anyone know what to expect royalty-wise? Looks like they "air" two episodes per week. And episodes stay streaming on their snapchat "channel" indefinitely after debuting. Meaning, you can currently go back and watch all previous episodes (3 seasons worth).

I know themes traditionally translate into a bigger bonus on royalty statements, but I have my doubts in this particular scenario, as PROs still seem to generally pay less for placements on streaming platforms. Or maybe since it wasn't a blanket deal, the royalties will be comparable to network television? Thoughts?
Old 8th March 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundpal ➡️
Can anyone share a similar experience or does anyone know what to expect royalty-wise?
Congrats on a nice sync fee - It will be quite a while until I know what I will get on the backend. Looking at the rates in my PRO account it's going to be pennies, like any other streaming service.

I've never had a theme usage so I can't honestly answer your question but some PRO's make a distinction between background and featured but not all do, so there's that angle to look into.

I would think for a show on a streaming platform the sync fee of that size will amount to more than the rest of it put together so well done. It's a bit more than my $33
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hey all, I just landed a $5k (split 50% with publisher) sync placement for a snapchat show......Thoughts?
Who is your PRO? Mine is BMI, and they think that 18,000,000 + streams should be paid approx. $105 USD. Dismal. Hope you do better, but streaming is notoriously low paying. IME, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc. pay approx. 4% of what the shows paid out when they were on CABLE TV.

If it were me, I'd be SUPER glad about that sync!! Good job!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
Who is your PRO? Mine is BMI, and they think that 18,000,000 + streams should be paid approx. $105 USD. Dismal. Hope you do better, but streaming is notoriously low paying. IME, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc. pay approx. 4% of what the shows paid out when they were on CABLE TV.

If it were me, I'd be SUPER glad about that sync!! Good job!
Thanks for the input doc! I'm definitely thrilled about the sync placement, I'm fairly new to this side of the business and it's my first big payout. Backend would be nice, but you can't have your cake and eat it too I guess
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Backend would be nice, but you can't have your cake and eat it too I guess
Sometimes you barely get the crumbs
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…