Quantcast
Music Computers - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By PluginBoutique
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

with the intention of having a source to know what hardware is good for our new Windows 7 studio pc (both 32 and 64bits), getting...

George Necola
replies: 14,820 views: 1,668,757
brockorama 1 day ago

Hey All, I am sure all of us have seen posts over the years where end users have purchased a new audio interface and have...

TAFKAT
replies: 4,992 views: 1,377,030
monkeyxx 1 week ago

Because of posted recomendations for illegal software, cracks and some very unfriendly replies, I will post some rules here: 1....

George Necola
replies: 0 views: 80,548
George Necola 13th September 2005

Really can't decide. They're basically the same price, both lack a master and a transport. But for what I'm looking for, they...

timehalt
replies: 14 views: 2,049
lydfar 6 minutes ago

Well ... I had upgraded my CPU and MB, updated the BIOS firmware etc, found out about and sorted MBR & GPT partitioning to...

TobyB
replies: 6 views: 304
hello people 8 minutes ago

Hi all! I have recieved a 2nd gen scarlett 6i6 from a friend where the xlr jacks are not working. A trs connection works,...

Fullmoodjade
replies: 0 views: 11
Fullmoodjade 37 minutes ago

Hi all, total newbie here with a question I hope someone can help with? I'm transferring some old multitrack cassette masters...

POA77
replies: 5 views: 189
POA77 1 hour ago

Hey, I'm trying to figure out if I upgrade my audio interface to a more expensive one, would I notice things I haven't before? be...

Aoharukano
replies: 79 views: 2,705
adydub 1 hour ago

Hi, was thinking about buying one of these old units (either the X8 or the PCIe card) for use in my older studio computer. I'm...

quiet_storm
replies: 105 views: 7,922
Arseny 2 hours ago

Technical background: Simulation of analog sound like saturation from transformers, compressors, tape, EQs,... makes the...

Fred vom Jupiter
replies: 2,081 views: 169,613
cuzzinlouie 2 hours ago

Who Uses Plugin Alliance? How to they compare to Wave, FabFilter, Softube, Sound Toys, UAD etc. If so, what's your favorite...

SEA
replies: 23,833 views: 1,970,411
peter.m.junior 3 hours ago

I created this thread for discussion on how these main contenders amongst headphone mixing software compare in features and of...

Musician
replies: 60 views: 6,594
pcuser32 3 hours ago

I often see people selling their UAD plugins without a hardware unit and have always overlooked because most information I’ve...

Meatloaf24
replies: 2 views: 150
wooderson 4 hours ago

i just tough`t we could have a place where we could discuss every aqua plugins and make it more easy to stay on topic :) and...

jfjer
replies: 29,680 views: 3,208,972
zaphod 4 hours ago

The Audient ID22 and the SPL Crimson both appear to be, on paper at least, very affordable high quality interfaces aimed at a...

Blue Man
replies: 820 views: 170,028
auxReturn 5 hours ago

I like the demos i heard. I see it's more EDM oriented which is fine by me, compared to Falcon and Omnisphere 2 which seem to be...

zahush76
replies: 39 views: 7,824
suckerformimi 6 hours ago

A thread for discussing user experience running M1 AS Macs - ***** UPDATE 11/18/20 *************** I found an error in the...

ProPower
replies: 1,676 views: 229,318
Lady Gaia 8 hours ago

I like some of these plugins, they do sound great. Seems like their development is pretty stagnant at this point. I put a lot...

illynoise
replies: 49 views: 1,578
lllubi 10 hours ago

Metric Halo 3D is here. A fresh 3D thread to discuss questions about the new interface, what will it do for you (apparently it...

swafford
replies: 4,285 views: 460,070
UH417 10 hours ago

The other day I was reading an interview with Hans Zimmer and he said this: It made me think about the fact that for some...

Lizbeth T.J
replies: 96 views: 2,661
seethelight 12 hours ago

I am testing the demo versions of these two plugins. both sound very good and I want to buy one of the two for the black friday...

masterlogic
replies: 30 views: 8,809
arnoldorodeo 14 hours ago

Hi all! When my iMac goes to sleep so does all external USB-devices, which of course makes perfect sense. When I wake my...

mybadmemory
replies: 9 views: 6,651
brousseau6933 15 hours ago

Now with the PC version available. I've been offsetting my heavy effects plugs to my slave laptop and man! This has been a...

Patrick_
replies: 488 views: 41,511
dasoundjunkie 15 hours ago

I'm trying to setup an old iPad2 as a WiFi MIDI controller on my 2018 Mac Mini. iOS 9.3.5, OSX Catalina... When I create a...

jerry123
replies: 0 views: 75
jerry123 16 hours ago

Currently own 4 verbs Eventide Stereo Room 2016 for studio "room" sounds Eventide Blackhole for...

mikoo69
replies: 1,209 views: 179,136
elambo 16 hours ago

Hello! New poster here. I recently purchased a new MacBook Air with the M1 chip and two thunderbolt 3 ports. My Saffire Pro40...

Tootha_max
replies: 0 views: 86
Tootha_max 18 hours ago

Hi, There seems to be masses of Waves plugins for sale all the time and I'm curious to know if any of them are particularly...

dickiefunk
replies: 836 views: 144,275
rectifried 19 hours ago

Hey, I've just started with Airwindows. What a GREAT guy!!! I tested a few plugins (ToTape6, GlitchShifter, StarChild) and the...

curry36
replies: 46 views: 2,223
Dirk Churlish 20 hours ago

As the Apogee technical support site seems to be broken (and there's no mail address on their website available) I thought I...

NoVi
replies: 3 views: 1,331
super_joke 21 hours ago

Hey all, I recently updated to a newer version of Logic X due to a new computer, and I am encountering this odd behavior with...

HideoutStudio
replies: 0 views: 87
HideoutStudio 22 hours ago

Hi In 2021 ,the Apogee symphony Mk1 still good . Im interested in 8 mic preamp of Apogee symphony MK1 . Thank you

super_joke
replies: 0 views: 92
super_joke 22 hours ago

I'm currently embroiled in a fruitless quest to get support from iLok. I recently bought software from UVI and Soundtoys that...

cjearner
replies: 9 views: 2,386
Undertaker 22 hours ago

Hey, I'm planning to buy any of these models: Macbook Pro M1 Macbook Air M1 Macbook Pro Macbook Air 16 GB and 512 GB...

dase
replies: 13 views: 435
bmdaugherty 23 hours ago

Hello all, I had a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen that I have been very happy with, using it for playing/recording...

zaba
replies: 1 views: 102
BT64 23 hours ago

Hello Gear Enthusiasts. *Mac Alert* Solutions must works in a Mac Mojave 10.14.6 or earlier System. I need to get 5.1 signals...

AntonVideo
replies: 1 views: 158
bmdaugherty 23 hours ago

Hey, I've been searching for weeks now but have found no definitive answer. Is it possible to use the optical audio input on...

DJElectricDaddy
replies: 4 views: 239
BT64 1 day ago

Has anyone compared the converters on these units, how does the new Apollo x16 stack up against the Symphony mk2?

Chiwale 1005
replies: 78 views: 20,171
Richiefamous1 1 day ago

Has anyone tried both the Softube Eden bass amp sim and any of the Neural DSP ones? I want a very good clean bass amp sim...

Coconut_Head
replies: 10 views: 412
DeadPoet 1 day ago

After getting my Saffire Pro 40 Working without the sync problem in Windows 10 (20H2 v2) I was getting awful performance. Here...

pepelevamp
replies: 6 views: 2,159
pepelevamp 1 day ago

Hello. I can't wait any longer for the slate vsx headphones. Do I use the Sonnar free until the vsx becomes available whenever...

Muffdriver
replies: 7 views: 399
securd 1 day ago

Yay! Apogee added MacOS 11 (intel and M1) support for (old skool) users like me who invested in a Symphony I/O mkI and...

danielr
replies: 1 views: 145
danielr 1 day ago

This may sound odd, but over the past two weeks I've had a couple interactions with software developers that were amazing, and I...

Cpl. Punishment
replies: 8 views: 389
Funny Cat 1 day ago

Hi all, i somehow missed that thread...Ok, i give it a try, just bought Nebula 3 Pro, and i would like to get now the essential...

ArisA
replies: 14,583 views: 1,473,981
JoeyM 1 day ago

I was wondering if the Apollo Twin X and the Apollo Twin USB have the same preamps. I heard that the Apollo Twin X preamps sound...

fendidom
replies: 1 views: 134
Sry 1 day ago

I have an Apogee Thunderbridge and it is one of the last products to not have been updated to Catalina by Apogee Digital? Apogee...

electraluxx
replies: 121 views: 8,040
T417 1 day ago

I have been using Tidal HD for years, and never had an issue. I thought I would try out Apple music, and when set to Lossless...

Chevron
replies: 8 views: 311
popmann 1 day ago

Hey everyone, I've been actively trying to build a custom soundgrid server, based on the open source files provided by Waves....

krabbencutter
replies: 451 views: 84,354
InnerForceMusic 1 day ago

Apogee announced today that they will come through and provide drivers for Big Sur and the new M1 chips, after all, for my...

lark830
replies: 5 views: 554
Buddhaman 1 day ago

Since there's a group buy going on right now over at IK Multimedia, I've been considering getting in. However, in recent years...

alexe
replies: 32 views: 1,741
Solidtrax 1 day ago

I assume a lot of us aiming to achieve the best possible sound quality and often to reach that rich analog sound in our DAWs....

dmpol18
replies: 0 views: 148
dmpol18 2 days ago

I had to do a restore from a time machine backup on my computer, and since then all is well except that my LSR VLB525 compressor...

wwittman
replies: 6 views: 589
fcamp 2 days ago

Hi would like some help deciding between two setups for recording. At first I was thinking about the Tascam model...

TeleCastro
replies: 2 views: 161
elegentdrum 2 days ago

Here's a shot in the dark: does anyone know where I can find a Windows 10 driver for the Phonic Firefly 808 audio interface? I'm...

jack33001
replies: 1 views: 157
ambiguous signal 2 days ago

Moderators