The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UVI Orchestral Suite
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
UVI Orchestral Suite

Wasn't sure where to post this. Apparently no users in the new product thread.

Has anyone used this yet? Thoughts? Thinking about pulling the trigger while it's at the "introductory" price. I'm thinking Miroslav isn't going to upgrade to 64 bit. Would this be a good alternative?
Old 11th April 2015
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewire ➑️
Wasn't sure where to post this. Apparently no users in the new product thread.

Has anyone used this yet? Thoughts? Thinking about pulling the trigger while it's at the "introductory" price. I'm thinking Miroslav isn't going to upgrade to 64 bit. Would this be a good alternative?
Being a UVI fan or more of a Mach Five fan, I was a bit disappointed by the demos and the ton of reverb that was used to cover up the cheesy sound of some of their instruments particularly the brass and string patches among others. This is not the quality that I'm used to by them. As far as the price is not an introductory price. I would have paid more if the sound of this library truly rivaled more of East west, Lass, Hollywood strings libraries and others. In their defense they do cover quite a bit of variety of sounds. I have Miroslav as well and wish they would go 64bit. I'm now considering Sonnivox but don't hold me to that. I'm more of a Gospel/R & B kind of guy and don't do very big arrangements but I want to get more into that kind of thing. I've met some one who has given me some great pointers in this area. In this business the sound should move or inspire you. UVI Orchestra Suite does not in terms of realism but maybe that's not their target with this product. It seems like that they're trying to come out with something that is affordable.
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I looked at the ad and listened to the demos. I really like the sound for the value but I don't think its on par with VSL or Spitfire by miles. Is this price really the intro or is this just regular price disguised as a sale? NI's string trio are priced at $299.

Also, I wonder, are these libraries similar to what IK Multimedia and SampleTank use which you can basically get for $20 to $30?

Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I can't remember where I got the "introductory" notion. Possibly the KVR email. Can't find it. I'm not interested in major orchestral arrangements, either. I mostly use them for ambience. Where the synth string pads fall short is when I want to occasionally "crescendo" them to the front or use them for the melody. I wanted some larger ensembles than my Komplete 9 offerings. Been checking into a few others when this appeared.

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully someone will chime in who's used it. Or maybe I'll just go ahead and try it.

Edit: I found the KVR email and there was no mention of introductory price there. Still don't remember where I got that idea. Just getting old I guess.

Last edited by onewire; 11th April 2015 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 13th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewire ➑️
I can't remember where I got the "introductory" notion. Possibly the KVR email. Can't find it. I'm not interested in major orchestral arrangements, either. I mostly use them for ambience. Where the synth string pads fall short is when I want to occasionally "crescendo" them to the front or use them for the melody. I wanted some larger ensembles than my Komplete 9 offerings. Been checking into a few others when this appeared.

Thanks for the responses. Hopefully someone will chime in who's used it. Or maybe I'll just go ahead and try it.

Edit: I found the KVR email and there was no mention of introductory price there. Still don't remember where I got that idea. Just getting old I guess.
There is another thread which mentions couponing. Maybe that one.

https://gearspace.com/board/new-prod...ral-suite.html
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks for checking in.

Maybe that's where I saw it. It was my first hit when I Googled it. Just one poster over there who mentions 99.xx off. Whatever that means. I posted over here because that thread seemed to be veering off on a tangent and there were no users yet.

I just listened to the demos again and I'm gonna pull the trigger. Probably start the download and go to bed. I never get through these 7:10 start Padre games, anyway. But I always try.

I'd like to give a review, but I don't feel qualified compared to the experience here. Wouldn't want to mislead someone. And it'll take me a while to delve into it anyway. Still interested in anyone's opinions, though.
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
There is also the Steinberg Halion Symphonic Orchestra
Start*:**|*http://www.steinberg.net/

Last edited by mirka; 14th April 2015 at 07:19 AM..
Old 14th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How did I miss that? I use Cubase 8, so I already have Halion SE. I wish these companies would post some dry demos. At that price I may end up with both. Should have my download authorization for UVI when I get home from work tonight. Thanks.
Old 5th August 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirka ➑️
There is also the Steinberg Halion Symphonic Orchestra
Start*:**|*http://www.steinberg.net/
The UVI string ensembles sound painfully mellotronic, the halion symphonic string demos all sound much better. Everything else sounds fairly competent however!

edit: ahh it's the full orchestral patch that sounds specifically sounds so crappy

Last edited by dirtROBOT; 5th August 2015 at 10:32 PM..
πŸ“ Reply