The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Where is Komplete 11 headed?
Old 7th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Where is Komplete 11 headed?

I was going through Komplete 10 ultimate and it's a lot of stuff. Seems like over the past three years the focus has been reaktor, effects, and kontakt. Where do you think their headed with this bundle? Do you see a massive 2 or fm 10, guitar rig 4 etc?
Old 7th April 2015

🎧 5 years
of course we don't know.

but here`s what i would like to see: massive 2 (probably taking some ideas from serum and codex), a new interface for absynth, new effects, guitar rig 4 with better modeled amps, nothing else. i doubt a new fm8, or kontakt, or reaktor.
Old 7th April 2015
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
They have been adding mixing effects, now they are missing more complex delays, maybe a convolution reverb.

Massive and Absynth are the fiorst candidates for updates too.
Old 7th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopre ➑️
guitar rig 4 etc?
...considering the most current is Guitar Rig 5...hey maybe they'll skip 6 and go to 7 like M$ Win10...

Anyway, regarding Komplete 11:
More pianos (there aren't nearly enough already),
Kontakt 6,
more Reaktor based instruments/effects.

Also, will Maschine 3 be NI's sequencer that's sorely lacking in their arsenal?
Old 7th April 2015
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Somewhere I saw the triple 6 = 666
Kontakt 6
Absynth 6
Reaktor 6
will be released 6-6 at 6 PM or was it AM?
The devil is in the details.
About 2 months from now.
Old 7th April 2015

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopre ➑️
I was going through Komplete 10 ultimate and it's a lot of stuff. Seems like over the past three years the focus has been reaktor, effects, and kontakt. Where do you think their headed with this bundle? Do you see a massive 2 or fm 10, guitar rig 4 etc?
Komplete 12? More Kash?

Reaktor, effects and kontakt cover a massive amount of sonic ground, it's not surprising they amount to so much.

I don't really see any new versions of stuff like massive or fm8, maybe a token point upgrade, maybe a new gui and whole version upgrade, but they will still be beasts that 90 percent of people won't know how to use to 30 percent of their potential. Kind of thing.

They have been busy bees profiling all their users and seeing when and where they spend their money. One thing is for sure, it will be a must have and a game changer and all that. Massive v3 is not really on the cards. They just gave it away with Maschine so that shows they are farming it out to graze now.

Let's face it, how many more pages or features could you personally handle in either of those examples? Have you honestly mastered either of them?

I'd welcome some updating of Reaktor and kontakt though. But whether we get them depends on how far NI believe they can push us with the small sub-par guis, vs the leverage of a new shiny toy for everyone else that is prepared to dip their hands in their pockets.

I've got more than I ever need. And I appreciate the odd gems that NI throw up along the way. But I realise there is a cut off point. I admire them if anything with the way they have got such a large majority to buy into their marketing model, hook, line and sinker.

There's a seeker born every minute, as they say.
Old 9th April 2015 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode ➑️
i thought NI pulled or were going to pull the plug on GR?
I hope not. I think it's a great product.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by login ➑️
They have been adding mixing effects, now they are missing more complex delays, maybe a convolution reverb.

Massive and Absynth are the fiorst candidates for updates too.
They already have a convolution verb solution they just never really did much with it and it's still stuck inside of Guitar Rig for some reason. Nonetheless it's still pretty good. They released Replikator as a xmas gift this year and it's a pretty cool delay effect, very versatile. If they took out a version with a bit more control (for both Reflektor and Replikator) that would be awesome. I'm still on Komplete 8U myself, haven't really found a compelling reason to upgrade.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse ➑️
They already have a convolution verb solution they just never really did much with it and it's still stuck inside of Guitar Rig for some reason. Nonetheless it's still pretty good. They released Replikator as a xmas gift this year and it's a pretty cool delay effect, very versatile. If they took out a version with a bit more control (for both Reflektor and Replikator) that would be awesome. I'm still on Komplete 8U myself, haven't really found a compelling reason to upgrade.
+1. I'm still on K8 as well and have not yet found a good reason to upgrade.

Hopefully they change the game this time around...
Old 9th April 2015

🎧 5 years
I remember using GR a while back and using it more for just general type effects. Rather than the amp sims. But that wasn't because I thought that other sims were better. I didn't even know of any other sims at that point. It just seemed to make sense and worked well, and was relatively light on resources for the array of FX you got.

I suppose really Guitar Rig is a kind of Kontakt for FX type of modular environment, the way that Reaktor is a kind of modular environment for synth building. It kind of makes sense. I'd be sad to see it go. Rammfire I find great for fattening up drums, and like I think I said before, Reflektor is amazing. Truly astounding. 0 latency convolution reverb? I'm still waiting to work out if I got something wrong or there's some kind of other drawback, but there doesn't seem to be so far. All of my IR library sound superb with it.

Not sure if that made sense. Anyway, it definitely makes sense for NI to have one environment for them to plug all their modular FX into. Why spoil the party now, just as things are starting to get warmed up? I'd be really surprised to see them drop it, but if they have something else better up their sleeve, then who knows?
Old 9th April 2015

🎧 10 years
They could indeed pull out more effects from GR as general use -- even if it's a no-brainer to put a GR instance to any track.
Don't know what Reaktor 6 would mean -- many standalone plugins with Reaktor core baked inside?
Old 10th April 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSTSlut ➑️
Komplete 12? More Kash?

but they will still be beasts that 90 percent of people won't know how to use to 30 percent of their potential. Kind of thing.

I'd welcome some updating of Reaktor and kontakt though. But whether we get them depends on how far NI believe they can push us with the small sub-par guis, vs the leverage of a new shiny toy for everyone else that is prepared to dip their hands in their pockets.

I've got more than I ever need. And I appreciate the odd gems that NI throw up along the way. But I realise there is a cut off point. I admire them if anything with the way they have got such a large majority to buy into their marketing model, hook, line and sinker.

There's a seeker born every minute, as they say.
I would have guessed 98% don't use even 5%. Reaktor alone...ever since the beginning has been a beast.

Unfortunately I don't see or perceive NI as that cutting edge forward-thinking developer any longer. I believe they peaked about 10 years ago with Kore. They are still using part of Kore technology today, but it's dumbed down...for example the Maschine browser and even more dumbed down in the Kontrol browser.

You still can't use 3rd party VST's in Kontrol correct? It's still a closed and most likely very profitable venture correct?

NI dumped Kore for Maschine, and today I'm guessing they are remarkably successful with a much larger user base than in the Kore days.

So I have to ask myself if these "odd gems" NI flaunts each year will really help me with my goal which is decent sounding tracks. How much time can I invest learning a new NI tool? Will it pan out or just be a phase where it's quickly forgotten? For me Kore took an incredible amount of time to really master...and then realize its few shortcomings.

But you are right, you have to admire a company who now has such a large user base to continue to buy into their marketing model hook line and sinker.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode ➑️
Same here. I have it and quite like it. But I haven't heard a peep from NI in a long time about any work on it. They seem to be focuses on DJ type hardware and samples
I'm a DJ. Their target customers are producers and DJ's.
Old 10th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
DId anyone take their survey? I took two of them. They asked which products in komplete do you use the most. I also, remember last year when they asked about what did I look for a in a midi keyboard. The NI kontrol s61 is the best midi keyboard I have ever used. I've had arturia and novation.

Could it be that maybe reaktor and konakt are bringing in the most money???
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSTSlut ➑️
I remember using GR a while back and using it more for just general type effects. Rather than the amp sims. But that wasn't because I thought that other sims were better. I didn't even know of any other sims at that point. It just seemed to make sense and worked well, and was relatively light on resources for the array of FX you got.

I suppose really Guitar Rig is a kind of Kontakt for FX type of modular environment, the way that Reaktor is a kind of modular environment for synth building. It kind of makes sense. I'd be sad to see it go. Rammfire I find great for fattening up drums, and like I think I said before, Reflektor is amazing. Truly astounding. 0 latency convolution reverb? I'm still waiting to work out if I got something wrong or there's some kind of other drawback, but there doesn't seem to be so far. All of my IR library sound superb with it.

Not sure if that made sense. Anyway, it definitely makes sense for NI to have one environment for them to plug all their modular FX into. Why spoil the party now, just as things are starting to get warmed up? I'd be really surprised to see them drop it, but if they have something else better up their sleeve, then who knows?
I have my fingers crossed. But I what prefer some kind of linear view in maschine. I don't want to open another daw. NI to me, along with studio one developers truly understand workflow more than others.
Old 11th April 2015 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud ➑️
I would have guessed 98% don't use even 5%. Reaktor alone...ever since the beginning has been a beast.

Unfortunately I don't see or perceive NI as that cutting edge forward-thinking developer any longer. I believe they peaked about 10 years ago with Kore. They are still using part of Kore technology today, but it's dumbed down...for example the Maschine browser and even more dumbed down in the Kontrol browser.

You still can't use 3rd party VST's in Kontrol correct? It's still a closed and most likely very profitable venture correct?

NI dumped Kore for Maschine, and today I'm guessing they are remarkably successful with a much larger user base than in the Kore days.

So I have to ask myself if these "odd gems" NI flaunts each year will really help me with my goal which is decent sounding tracks. How much time can I invest learning a new NI tool? Will it pan out or just be a phase where it's quickly forgotten? For me Kore took an incredible amount of time to really master...and then realize its few shortcomings.

But you are right, you have to admire a company who now has such a large user base to continue to buy into their marketing model hook line and sinker.
A fellow Skeptik. Get enough of us together and maybe prices will come down. For stuff we don't need. That won't even run on our system. On Kontrollers that no longer work.

You obviously read all my post and digested it pretty good. I'm late to the party and have no vested interest. I think I might have gone a bit overboard buying a second hand Kore controller and the software too. Cost me more than I care to admit. If I just get it working with Alchemy and the 8 knobs, I'll be happy. I'm in this for fun too. It was never anything more than a 'what would this be like' type of proposition for me. If it works well, I'll be over the moon, if not, I'll eat it.

I'm probably even going to upgrade to the next version of Komplete. I know, I'm a mug. If there's a seeker born every minute, well it takes one to know one, and I'm an even bigger one to admit it.

I found their installer not too bad, so I'm hoping I can just chuck Kontakt 5 on there, if only for the sample libs that won't work with 4.

But none of it is needed. Not even the "odd gems". Anyone today could make perfectly good international no.1 best sellers without a single NI product. And they could do all that without paying a penny. Maybe shelling out for a decent DAW might help. But synths/drums/fx? Nah.

We're just aficionados.

I think the thing they do with the browser fingerprinting got to me. Also, as a student of marketing (unintentional) they really do take it to the limit.

Reaktor is fun. Kontakt is great. But even if I wanted to share my super duper new instrument bank with you, I'd have to pay them for the privilege, then you would have to pay them for the privilege too. Win/win. For them. They have a stranglehold/monopoly on the market now. I judge them by their actions. All I see is lots of incompatible sample libs and devs saying sorry we can't afford the license - NI are squeezing us.

They are a corporate company, and I just think they need to be kept in check a little bit coz they have far too many people fooled. For products they don't even want. And for products they don't even need. Radio silence from them. It matters not. They have it all figured out.

Others will chip in 'but'... It's ok. Far more people say 'Man, I never use 89 percent of this shit, but it's sure good to have'. It's called leverage.

Then again, I do love Reaktor. I'm like a kid with a new toy. I love that 0 latency reverb with the original name. I love that Kompressor too.

Maybe at some point they will show some genuine good will and give something, just a little something to their customers, in a gesture of good will. I don't need it or want it. But you know, just something to show that they haven't measured all this to within a tolerance of .5 nanometres.

You know the game is over when they are selling 'producer' packs of the 'latest hip beats' for 50 percent off. It's insulting for them and is insulting towards us. Except, like I said, you have a captive audience, hook, line and sinker, invested in their 'game'.

They got another 5 years of this, then it will be game over. This is just the beginning of the end. The sample makers aren't really making any money, and in 5 years everyone everywhere will have all the samples they need, no matter how much they are convinced otherwise.

That reminds me, I need to use up my 22 bucks voucher to buy some more Roland Drum Machine samples. The voucher I can't use anywhere else. They were so cheap that they couldn't even let me use it on a plugin that I could get free with my next upgrade of Komplete. I understand the limitations on a lot of these deals, don't get me wrong.

Man, I just want to jump off this whole thing and crack on with making music. This buying of software plugins and samples should be fun, but I feel like I need the wits of a stockbroker just to break even with NI.

I'm not unhappy overall though. Great instruments. I say all this from a perspective of someone that expects nothing from nobody. And if it all ends tomorrow, then I'm more than happy with what I got so far.

But then again, maybe it needs to be this way to provide such a high quality and broad range of instruments/samples/fx for the masses. And maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm quite happy to accept that as well. I'm sure they know more than me. There's no hard feelings.
Old 11th April 2015 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishkash ➑️
+1. I'm still on K8 as well and have not yet found a good reason to upgrade.

Hopefully they change the game this time around...
I upgraded from K8u to k10u and it was a big step up for me...
Old 11th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Has NI ever released a guitar player? Not just sample player, but something similar to this?

Acoustic Guitar Collection by Indiginus
Old 12th April 2015 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Has NI ever released a guitar player? Not just sample player, but something similar to this?

Acoustic Guitar Collection by Indiginus
They did actually!

Last edited by classictunz; 12th April 2015 at 09:56 PM..
Old 12th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I must have missed it among all the endless samples & Maschine beat packs that have been released over the past 4 years.

Please enlighten me.
Old 13th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It says perfectly strummed and recorded patterns.

That is very different than the above example. With indiginus I can create any chord. Then program the strum. I don't choose from a list.
Old 18th April 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Correct me if I'm wrong but NI has no guitar product that follows the concepts of something like Indignous?

I have read a little about NI's strummed acoustic, but it appears to be based on a huge sample library, and then the user makes alterations. For me that is too limiting. I want something where I can create my own guitar chords and program the strumming the way I want it to be.

I could see NI really enhancing and embellishing a similar product such as Ingignous Acoustic Guitar. But you have to make it easy to use which obviously can be a challenge.

And the good news for the day is NI is releasing Komplete Kontrol update that adds 3rd party VST, and get this.....MIDI!

Perhaps now they will slowly crawl back to where they left off in 2011 with Kore technology?
Old 18th April 2015 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but NI has no guitar product that follows the concepts of something like Indignous?

I have read a little about NI's strummed acoustic, but it appears to be based on a huge sample library, and then the user makes alterations. For me that is too limiting. I want something where I can create my own guitar chords and program the strumming the way I want it to be.

I could see NI really enhancing and embellishing a similar product such as Ingignous Acoustic Guitar. But you have to make it easy to use which obviously can be a challenge.

And the good news for the day is NI is releasing Komplete Kontrol update that adds 3rd party VST, and get this.....MIDI!

Perhaps now they will slowly crawl back to where they left off in 2011 with Kore technology?
Hmm sounds interesting!
Old 19th April 2015 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Something like amplesound guitar for kontakt?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 ➑️
I hope not. I think it's a great product.
Although I mostly use Amplitube 3[with a Boss DS-1 in front of it before the interface] for dirty sounds,Guitar Rig 5 Pro is great for cleaner[some dirty] sounds,but what I like is the "effects" for drums or whatever.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabelardo ➑️
Something like amplesound guitar for kontakt?
Yes.

Or this:
MusicLab - Info
But for Kontakt.

There are a few different ones out there. I think Indiginus is the most flexible for the price.

The thing is, I have never...ever...been able to find anyone who has experience with more than one of these tools. For example I would love to find someone who has used Real Guitar and Ample Sound. Or perhaps Indignus and Ample Sound. Compare and give disadvantages and advantages of each.

IMO it has to be something that sounds good, is not limited (like NI's attempt with a bunch of samples) and it has to be relatively easy to use.

Considering all the tools NI has offered, I think this is something they have overlooked?

Last edited by greggybud; 19th April 2015 at 05:29 PM..
Old 20th April 2015 | Show parent

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Considering all the tools NI has offered, I thin this is something they have overlooked?
I gave up with Akkord Guitar!!! I couldn't get that thing to be more versatile, I thought the new NI guitar release would be what I was looking for but I think you maybe right about it.

Last edited by classictunz; 19th May 2015 at 07:22 PM..
Old 19th May 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Really hope they remove all the fluff from Kontakt and improve the cumbersome and counter-intuitive interface.

Battery needed a facelift and it came. Kontakt should be next on the list.
Old 19th May 2015
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
More pianos? God I hope not....
Old 19th May 2015

🎧 10 years
Let's see, on my wish list:
* Massive with loadable wavetable support -- should not be so hard to get that in
* Sequencer for Battery -- not all of us use Maschine
* Even better, a sequencer that could be hooked to Battery or any other NI plugin (or non-NI plugin), kind of like Sugar Byte's Thesys (which I own)
* Or then just bundle the Maschine plug-in as part of Complete
* Reaktor modules that look like normal plugins - no need to load and cause all kinds of issues by mistakes changing the Reaktor plugin settings

Stuff like that.
πŸ“ Reply