The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who Still Uses the Liquid Mix 16 & 32?
Old 18th October 2016
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
I heard that the optional DSP expansion card increases the channel count to sixteen at 88.2k/96k and eight at 192k.

Does it increase the the channel count at 44.1 and 48 kHz?

Thanks!
Old 24th November 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA ➡️
Are you talking about when you're tracking vocals or other instruments?

What about using it while mixing a track? What would be the proper level for your track?

Currently I have 2 Liquid Channels for my pres so I can use them when tracking but I only use the Liquid Mix for mixing.

Any tips would be great!

I was talking about everything. You can use math to actually get a rough mix during the tracking phase using -18dBFS in the DAW as the loudest any peak should reach, which is usually snare drum if you're tracking without compression. With compression during tracking, things get more complicated.
Old 19th September 2020
Gear Addict

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I had a LM32 and 2-3 (don’t remember) UAD1 cards in a G5 running DP with a MOTU HD192 for many years before I went TDM (and then HDX years later).

I loved the combination of LM and UAD. They offered different flavors, but I basically relied on the LM for most of my track EQ/Comp and UAD for more extreme EQ/Comp and Delays/Verbs.

The LM had a bunch of great convolutions. I wasn’t tracking through plugs back then so latency wasn’t an issue. I still listen to stuff I did with that system from 15 years ago and think it sounds very analog. Whatever that means... but I guess I’m just saying that I believe that the technology offered what it claimed to... analog vibe in the box in the earlier days of digital.

I wouldn’t have sold it if I could have continued using it... sadly, FW400 obviously/inevitably went the way of the dinosaurs. Oh well.
📝 Reply