all Klanghelm plugins updated, added AAX versions
Old 5th August 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrik ➑️
About VUMT... should I buy it?

I really like what I've seen in a video demonstration of VUMT, but I already have lots of "1st slot" plug-ins, that have input VU meters (Scheps 73, VCC, VTM, Mellowmuse CS1V + SATV).

So is VUMT redundant for me or does it have something better to offer?
I only spent a few minutes with it as I just bought it a few hours ago, but this thing is much deeper than any of those meters. Not saying those meters won't get you by, because they will, but this one has a ton of tweakability and features. You can turn on a orange needle that holds the peak for the VU while the normal needle still reads the audio, and it has peak and vu level readouts that display the db numerically. This is gonna be nice for setting levels during tracking.
Lives for gear

Quote:

I really like what I've seen in a video demonstration of VUMT, but I already have lots of "1st slot" plug-ins, that have input VU meters (Scheps 73, VCC, VTM, Mellowmuse CS1V + SATV).

I like the look. That's about it for me. I can't say how accurate it is, since I don't use scientifically. The gain is a little neat extra feature that came in here and there handy. If you are happy with the mentioned meters, you won't "need" VUMT. But then for this price, it's a no-brainer anyway heh
Old 5th August 2014
Lives for gear

Thanks guys. I'm still investigating. It's not the money obviously. I wonder if grouping will be missed.. when mixing and having it on every or many channels for gain staging purposes. Hmm...
Old 5th August 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Old 5th August 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm not a pt11 guy myself, but just wanna say for providing that support without the normal upcharge BS. and have heard nothing but good stuff about your products. Does the VUM or whatnot act as a multiple utility tool of sorts as well?
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz ➑️
I like the look. That's about it for me. I can't say how accurate it is, since I don't use scientifically. The gain is a little neat extra feature that came in here and there handy. If you are happy with the mentioned meters, you won't "need" VUMT. But then for this price, it's a no-brainer anyway heh
It's extremely accurate... I used a signal generator to check and see and it's right on point.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 ➑️
It's extremely accurate... I used a signal generator to check and see and it's right on point.
I grew up using VU meters on HQ analog desks and find the usual channel strip bar meters (Cubase / Sonar) to be a PITA.

For me, this Klanghelm VU does the job very nicely; I even insert one on the channel I'm working on; particularly good for VOX. Just my sixpence worth.
NonoWeber
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That SDDR is still just brilliant! I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't grabbed it yet. What it can do to drums or bass is deadly in the right context!

Sorry. Just had to say.

Zz.
Old 6th August 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

27 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla ➑️
That SDDR is still just brilliant! I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't grabbed it yet. What it can do to drums or bass is deadly in the right context!

Sorry. Just had to say.

Zz.
I'm considering it now that they are entirely PT 11 compatible! I've been trying to find any demo videos on Klanghelm stuff and there seems to be an under abundance of them. There are some SDRR vids, but they don't really do a ton of digging into it.
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

It seems that the Pro Toolers are finally coming home! AAX64 popping up everywhere. Goodness me, it has been a long journey.

Oh and I just bought a copy of the VUMT. Nice meter.
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:

I trust VUMT over anything. The way I see it... other plugs like VTM, etc are coded first and foremost to process audio. So, I'd rather have a plug that's main focus is to accurately show me the level of my signal, instead of that being an add-on.

My mixes have come out fantastic since using a good meter separate from the DAW, and even better now I'm using VUMT.

Also, VUMT has:
1) Trim knob
2) Tons of K values to use.

Most plugins w/ a meter on it don't have trim. And what happens when you want to mix to K-20 for a track where you want lots of headroom on your final render, but you can't change the K value? I don't think it would be a redundant purchase.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix ➑️
And what happens when you want to mix to K-20 for a track where you want lots of headroom on your final render, but you can't change the K value? I don't think it would be a redundant purchase.
Haven't you missed a grouping feature? Say you have 40 tracks with VUMT on every channel, and suddenly you want to change the reference level on all of them?
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Haven't you missed a grouping feature? Say you have 40 tracks with VUMT on every channel, and suddenly you want to the change reference level on all of them?
Is it possible to group separate instances of a plugin??

If so, I wasn't aware of that.
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

No, grouping is not possible with VUMT. That's my whole point. Wouldn't you like to have it? I sure would, as opposed to change the reference level 40 times.
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
No, grouping is not possible with VUMT. That's my whole point. Wouldn't you like to have it? I sure would, as opposed to change the reference level 40 times.
No I mean possible period. Not just w/ VUMT, but with any plugin.

To my knowledge, this is impossible.. b/c you can only make changes on one instance of any plugin at a time. Unless there's something I just completely am missing, or if it's a hidden VST3 feature I'm unaware of or something.

It's the same thing as saying "hey.. I want to adjust the attack on all of my compressors (the same compressor) at one time". Software plugins just don't operate like that. Sounds like we're asking for something that's not possible. Again.. unless I'm completely missing something.
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

CPhoenix, it is possible with other plug-ins. Here, I'll show you. I made a quick video showing one example. Grouping is pretty useful sometimes:

Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
CPhoenix, it is possible with other plug-ins. Here, I'll show you. I made a quick video showing one example. Grouping is pretty useful sometimes:

Okay now that's flippin awesome and I'm glad you showed me that. I've got VTM... had no idea i could do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that depend on the DAW you use? Or is that a basic feature in VTM, where it communicates with everyone else?
Old 6th August 2014
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
yeah if they put a grouping control on the input gain of VUMT Id buy it...Blue cat does a groupable gain but its not super intuitive...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPhoenix ➑️
Okay now that's flippin awesome and I'm glad you showed me that. I've got VTM... had no idea i could do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha, read the manual now, man!

Quote:
Does that depend on the DAW you use?
Nope.

Quote:
Or is that a basic feature in VTM, where it communicates with everyone else?
Yes.

Now, read the manual
Old 6th August 2014
Lives for gear

11 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
lmao, alright! alight! i'll RTFM lmao
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
All of these plugs seem way more cpu efficient now, which is impressive given how amazing they sound. If you don't at least buy DC8C-2, you are a fool! (that goes for all of you).
Old 9th August 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos ➑️
If you don't at least buy DC8C-2, you are a fool! (that goes for all of you).
There is no hyphen in DC8C 2, you fool.
Old 9th August 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hi Tony
Just discovered these and demoing the free stuff (DC1A , DC1A-2 & IVGI).
No demos of the full versions SDDR & DC8C ?
Looks & sounds like nice plugs .

One question and "regret" though :
About entering numeric values ...
DC8C(according to the screenshots) and the discontinued DC1A seem to be the only ones allowing that .
DC1A-2 , IVGI & SDDR(according to the screenshots) don't .
I think that's a pity , personally , I'm using numeric entries a lot.
Could it be do-able in a future update to (re)add it to DC1A-2 & add it to IVGI + SDDR ?

Anyway , keep up the good job

Remco Z
Old 9th August 2014
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
what I dont understand is how Tony got DC8C sounding so 'firm'...Ive never heard a software compressor grab the sound as hard as DC8C. With DC8C2 - its actually a bit too hard for me. I make electronic music - but I could see with acoustic sources that grab might be preferable. However - I still use DC8C (version 1) and its preferable to me...
Old 9th August 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 ➑️
what I dont understand is how Tony got DC8C sounding so 'firm'...Ive never heard a software compressor grab the sound as hard as DC8C. With DC8C2 - its actually a bit too hard for me. I make electronic music - but I could see with acoustic sources that grab might be preferable. However - I still use DC8C (version 1) and its preferable to me...
Interesting... Swan, care to post some samples ? if you want, I can send you random generated Microtonic sequences, which I consider MIGHTY hard to get hold on, to "grab" 'em...
πŸ“ Reply