Quantcast
ez drummer 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ez drummer 2
Old 13th March 2014
ez drummer 2

EZdrummer 2 - Announcement - YouTube

what do you guys want to see? does this mean a sd3 is comming soon as well?
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'll be disappointed if the old EZDrummer expansion packs are not compatible with it. I think Logic Drummer may have upped the game for personalization. Hopefully SD3 will also come out soon.
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
There's no reason they wouldn't be backwards compatible - I doubt this will be an upgrade like from Superior drummer 1 to 2, and even then you could use the old libraries in SD2.
Old 13th March 2014 | Show parent
Pip
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinealta ➡️
I'll be disappointed if the old EZDrummer expansion packs are not compatible with it. I think Logic Drummer may have upped the game for personalization. Hopefully SD3 will also come out soon.
The expansions better work
Old 13th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip ➡️
The expansions better work
Apparently all the expansions will be updated and downloadable from the user area, in order to take advantage of the new features!
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I just hope EZD2 has separate outs for hats and all other cymbals! Although I crossgraded to SD2 in Jan. @$99 I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet and I have a half dozen tunes already started or done using EZD, so the impetus just ain't there yet.
Old 14th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by t9cstudio ➡️
I just hope EZD2 has separate outs for hats and all other cymbals! Although I crossgraded to SD2 in Jan. @$99 I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet and I have a half dozen tunes already started or done using EZD, so the impetus just ain't there yet.
EZD already has multi outputs to the DAW, or do you mean separate channels in the EZ mixer? The hihat has it's own channel, and the cymbals are output on the OH channel, but they are grouped.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis ➡️
EZD already has multi outputs to the DAW...
So then is the only difference between EZ & Superior is that one is 16 bit and the other 24 bit?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
So then is the only difference between EZ & Superior is that one is 16 bit and the other 24 bit?
Much more. The mixer in SD is a fully featured mixer with assignable tracks and auxes, inserts and busses, plus it comes with an excellent set of plugins. The kit pieces are editable in the kit construction page, and there is the ability to add instruments from other kits.
I love EZ for it's utillity and great sounding kits, but SD is also capable of very much deeper kit mixing and editing.
Quote:
also i think that ez drummer only lets you have a set limit of outs you can set. whereas sd 2 lets you do as many as you need.
Old 15th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis ➡️
EZD already has multi outputs to the DAW, or do you mean separate channels in the EZ mixer? The hihat has it's own channel, and the cymbals are output on the OH channel, but they are grouped.
Yes, that's correct, been awhile...It's the other cymbals being in the OH mix along with the whole rest of the kit that makes it hard to mix. For me anyway. That's really my only gripe with EZD, otherwise I love it.
Old 24th May 2014
Deleted 8aee39a
better drum samples i hope...

anyone used it yet?
are the samples better/fatter than ez drummer or sd2 ?
Old 24th May 2014
Deleted 8aee39a
at least according to the site, the kicks seem a bit better
Old 24th May 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by t9cstudio ➡️
..It's the other cymbals being in the OH mix along with the whole rest of the kit that makes it hard to mix.
My number 1 complaint. From a quick read on EZD 2 it doesn't look like they addressed this unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.
📝 Reply