Quantcast
Reasons J-bridge conversions recognized only by 1 of 2 computers - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reasons J-bridge conversions recognized only by 1 of 2 computers
Old 11th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Reasons J-bridge conversions recognized only by 1 of 2 computers

I have two computers (1-desktop, 1-laptop). Both Windows 7 x64-bit running Ableton Live 9. On my laptop, any 32-bit plugins that I j-bridge to 64-bit (since not available in 64-bit originally) are never, ever recognized by Ableton; however, on my desktop, they work every time... anyone have any hints at what might be the issue here?

- I tried turning off the UAC security junk, but that didnt work.

thanks to who ever replies
Old 12th March 2014
XI-MACHINES

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Are they on a folder that Live is scanning for plugs? This folder should not contain both the 32 and 64 bit versions of the plug, only the 64 bit.
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I take it that you got an old version of Reason, as the current version of Reason is 64-bit, and has been since atleast Reason 6. The problem is likely ReWire. Afaik to use it you need the host to have the same bit resolution as ReWire, i.e. if you have old 32-bit ReWire, Live needs to be 32-bit too. Otherwise it won't work.
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
thanks for the help evryone; but, I went back through the JBridge tutorial (as shown on the guy's website) and realized that the 3 files in the JBridge folder (auxhost, auxhost64, and jbridge) did not all have the "check mark" next to "Run this program as administrator" under the "Compatibility" page in file properties... after that, everything worked fine.

๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…