Native Instruments Effects Performance - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments Effects Performance
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Native Instruments Effects Performance

Hello,

I am thinking about buying Komplete 9, I would like to know if the NI Effects are expensive on cpu compared to other plugins, like waves.
For example how the SSL emulation perform compared to the one by waves.

I am a sound designer / composer and Komplete seems like a really good bargain if the bundled effects are usable on big sessions on every track.

Thanks.
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
My CPU usage is about the same for both the Waves and NI SSL stuff, they're both lightweight on the CPU on my system. I prefer the NI SSL channel comps, but the Waves bus comp, and sort of go back and forth with the EQ's. Probably best to hit up a demo of them to see what you think.

In my opinion the Softube emulations are the highlights of the NI effects, but they only come in Komplete Ultimate and some are absolute CPU monsters like the Vari Comp!
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have used the Wave's stuff, but don't currently own them. I DO use the NI stuff, and will say I am quite impressed with them… Ever since they brought Softube into the fold, their stuff has been quite nice. It often bails my butt out on a mix, not often the most obvious fx, but really provide coherent glue and apparent "warmth" (wrong word? don't want to start a troll war)… I haven't found them necessary "light" on cpu, and I own a dual 8 core tower mac pro, but nothing you wouldn't expect from pretty high quality plugins with a lot going on under the hood in terms of cpu… I wouldn't allocate resources to using them on every track or anything (unless is was a small "paul simon" acoustic guitar/vocal session, you know what I mean), but I find them amazing on vocal busses, drum busses etc…

I guess the adjective I am looking for is "creamy" in a good way…. but they are definitely worth demoing...
📝 Reply