Cubase Video screen Issues - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase Video screen Issues
Old 10th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Cubase Video screen Issues

Hi,

I have been using cubase essentials 4 for a while now and bought a macbook pro 13" last year. I installed my cubase on my new machine with no problems and was using it fine for a few months but suddenly the video screen in cubase started acting up. I do a lot of film composing in cubase so I need to use the video screen all the time. One day, after loading up a score session that I was in the middle of writing, the playback of the video was very jerky and not smooth at all. Even when I paused the session, the video was flickering between various frames of the footage. The performance of cubase is fine as I have installed 10gig of ram. It's just the video playback that is acting weird in the session.

I've tried re-nstalling cubase but this doesn't fix the problem. Every other playback of video in other apps such as quicktime on my mac is fine too. It's just in cubase that this is happening.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've posted on the steinberg forum but even though people have viewed my post, I've had no replies. This is telling me that It's not a common issue.

If anyone can help I'd be most grateful

Thanks
Old 12th June 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Hi,

Hopefully you resolved the issue by now, but have you checked to see if the video file became corrupted? You could always try re-importing that as well. What's your CPU meter showing during playback?
📝 Reply