Vienna Ensemble Pro question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vienna Ensemble Pro question
Old 7th March 2014
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Vienna Ensemble Pro question

Good morning G-Slutz,
I have a Mac Pro as a master and PC as a slave. I launch the VEP Sever on the PC, insert the plugin in Logic, connect the two computers and everything is fine. The VEP plugin shows up on PC, but where are all of my Kontakt instruments? I click on insert instruments in the bottom left corner, and the only thing that shows up is the Vienna Instrument, and I don't even have any of those... I sense it's something simple, but I jus can't figure out how to insert a Kontakt instrument.
I would be very grateful for any advices and directions.
Old 7th March 2014
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
All the effects and VSTi's need to be installed on the SLAVE computer

After they are installed, open SETTINGS in VE Pro on the SLAVE computer and look for the effects/VST tab. Point to the folder/folders where they are installed and click scan. They should show up after that
Old 8th March 2014
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
When you right-click on the empty space in the mixer on VE, the only thing that shows up under "Add Instrument" is the Vienna Instruments - this is normal. Click on "Add Plugin" instead and you should see a list of all the instrument plugins that are installed on the slave machine. Vienna has a bit of weird terminology whereby only THEIR instruments are called "Instruments" and all third-party instrument plugins are referred to as "plug-ins".

โ€ฆ if this is what you're talking about.

Of course, as DRC said, all the plugins and instruments (and their sound libraries) DO need to be installed on the slave machine.
Old 8th March 2014
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
DRC, Charlie, thank you gentlemen!

Everything is up and running! I owe you guys a bier
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…