Quantcast
Anyone using Arturia Keylab 49/61 w/ DP? I need help w/ set-up! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone using Arturia Keylab 49/61 w/ DP? I need help w/ set-up!
Old 7th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Anyone using Arturia Keylab 49/61 w/ DP? I need help w/ set-up!

Hello:

I recently bought an Arturia Keylab 49, and I'm trying to set it up
as a controller w/ DP 7.24. I'm able to play sounds from the Audio Lab software and the Keylab w/ no problem. I can't seem to get the Keylab to
play my virtual inst. in DP 7.24 For some reason I'm unable to get midi
to output info to trigger my sounds in various plug-ins within DP.
As a standalone, I can trigger sounds using the Keylab output directly to
virtual inst. as a standalone outside of DP.

Can anyone help me get this working? I've updated the Keylab 49 firmware
to v. 1.33, but still not working w/ DP. Are there some settings in the Midi Control Center that I need to set?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 7th March 2014
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
i have a keylab 49, but unfortunately i cant help. i just wanna put out there that i regret my purchase for a number of reasons. but mainly, setup and registration was ridiculous. it took me a good four hours of fiddling with it to get it to update and play nice with my computer. the main reason i bought it over the novation 49 key (the SL maybe, i dont recall; it was alot pricier too) was that it came bundled with some software. but i dont even use it and i still cant get the remote script to work right. as a standalone 'midi controller' its fine, i just wish id have spent the extra cheese and forgone the software.
Old 8th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Yes, I also have the Novation SL49 MKII. I decided on the Keylab 49
because it has a mod wheel and pitch bend.I never liked the joy stick on the novation.

I also am regretting my purchase. I misunderstood the product description
and thought that the Keylab was already mapped to DP.Did you have trouble getting midi out of the Keylab into your DAW to trigger your plug-ins and virtual instruments?I've spent a few hours on the phone with MOTU and they can't get it to work.There must be some technical issue with the Keylab.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 20th August 2016
Here for the gear

Hi im also having trouble with arturia keylab 61 midi keyboard.
I can use it in standalone programs fine such as analoglab 2 or solina ect however my main issue is my keyboard wont respond when running as a plugin in daw.

I use windows system and im running pro tools 12 as my daw. I am able to open the plugin lets say for instnace falcon plugin however when i create a new instrument stereo track and add the plugin it opens fine but doesnt respond to my keyboard. It responds only to my computer mouse when clicking the virtual keys in the plugin but thats no good for me. I have researched all settings including peripherals and midi input setups plus i have also searched arturia midi setup and pro tools midi setup and still no luck. I then have reloaded all drivers and software and made sure windows is running drivers properly.
It has worked twice on random times without me changing anything but emmediately drops out if i try using another track or exit pro tools 12.

Dying for some help as its annoying me not able to use my midi to record oh also tried using midi directly to my focusrite 18i20 and still no hope.
Old 20th August 2016 | Show parent
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattybee ➡️
I am able to open the plugin lets say for instnace falcon plugin however when i create a new instrument stereo track and add the plugin it opens fine but doesnt respond to my keyboard.
Did you try arming the track to record? That's the usual issue. There's also a setting in the MIDI Preferences for the device to follow 'first selected MIDI track'. Something like that - you'll see it. OTT, there are several threads over on the DUC that would be of some help - check there.
Old 21st August 2016
Here for the gear

Tried everything in other threads and yes track was set to record and as said in last thread all setting were correct in pro tools.
📝 Reply