Quantcast
Liquid Saffire Direct Monitoring question - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Liquid Saffire Direct Monitoring question
Old 5th March 2014
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Liquid Saffire Direct Monitoring question

Hi. It does not appear obvious to me how I can set up direct monitoring in my Focusrite LS56. Is it to do with routing the input to be recorded somewhere within Mix control? or a button/setting i have missed? I hope I can sort this out....
Old 5th March 2014
Deleted User
Presumably, you are able to monitor your mix through phones on one of the front jacks. Typically, this might be Mix 7 or Mix 9.

Whatever Mix you are monitoring in your headphones has faders for all of the available inputs. If you want to monitor a mic on input 1, bring that fader up on the tab for that mix. It's simpler than you think
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I don't know the Saffire 56 well enough, but I believe it does not support ASIO direct monitoring. You have to use the Saffire software mixer to set up low-latency mixes for recording. That's what you're asking about, right?
Old 5th March 2014
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
You want to use the Liquid Mix software. Route your input to a channel in the mix software, and to the track in your DAW. You want to mute the DAW track so you don't hear the latency. Also make sure you're routing your mix bus through Liquid Mix. There are a couple of decent threads here and also a video or 2 on YouTube describing this a little better.
Old 6th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkervin ➡️
You want to use the Liquid Mix software. Route your input to a channel in the mix software, and to the track in your DAW. You want to mute the DAW track so you don't hear the latency. Also make sure you're routing your mix bus through Liquid Mix. There are a couple of decent threads here and also a video or 2 on YouTube describing this a little better.

Ah haaaa! great - thanks! It all suddenly comes alive. I have now completely customised my Mix Control set up. Excellent.

Now how about some sort of dedicated hardware control for mix control - does it exist?
📝 Reply