Kontakt 5 (and 4) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kontakt 5 (and 4)
Old 5th March 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Kontakt 5 (and 4)

Hello,

I have Kontakt 5 Player containing Drum Lab, Kinetic Metal, Factory Selection, Abbey Road 60s Drums, Abbey Road 60s Drummer. It works as a standalone, but in Pro Tools 10.0.0 it appears as an AAX plugin and doesn't work. Will it work if I upgrade to Pro Tools 10.3?

Second, I also have Kontakt 4, which does work in Pro Tools 10 but only displays Factory Selection and Abbey Road 60s Drums, not the others listed above for some reason. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

BB
Old 5th March 2014
Deleted User
Some libraries require updates in Kontakt in order to function. I have a feeling your problem is related. For instace, I seem torecall you'll need Kontakt 5 to run the Abbey Road Drummer library.

There are couple on guys on here who will chime in with more specifics, but I would make sure you have the latest updates installed, in the meantime.

That said, NI's updates occasionally cause their own set of issues, so.... Caveat emptor.

Having grown weary of this occurring with NI, Cubase, etc..... I have elected to get off the treadmill.

Current setup: Win7/64, Cubase 6.55/64, UAD Octo, Liquid Mix 32, NI Komplete 8 Ultimate & Wavelab 6. It works flawlessly with my 6 core DAW and I'm not going to fix it. If I can't make a good record with these tools, I need to find a new avocation
Old 6th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User ➡️
Some libraries require updates in Kontakt in order to function. I have a feeling your problem is related. For instace, I seem torecall you'll need Kontakt 5 to run the Abbey Road Drummer library.

There are couple on guys on here who will chime in with more specifics, but I would make sure you have the latest updates installed, in the meantime.

That said, NI's updates occasionally cause their own set of issues, so.... Caveat emptor.

Having grown weary of this occurring with NI, Cubase, etc..... I have elected to get off the treadmill.

Current setup: Win7/64, Cubase 6.55/64, UAD Octo, Liquid Mix 32, NI Komplete 8 Ultimate & Wavelab 6. It works flawlessly with my 6 core DAW and I'm not going to fix it. If I can't make a good record with these tools, I need to find a new avocation
Many thanks, I'll check the updates. God luck with your new setup!

BB
Old 6th March 2014 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by briaboy ➡️
Many thanks, I'll check the updates. God luck with your new setup!

GOOD luck, obviously...

BB
📝 Reply