Quantcast
need a notebook - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
need a notebook
Old 4th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
need a notebook

I am thinking about a Apple MacBook Pro 15", i7 quad core. Any users that can comment on if they are satisfied, etc?

Thank you.
Old 4th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have a 2011 2Ghz quad i7, it's my primary DAW.
I've yet to really stress it with any of my projects.

Currently using LPX, most projects 40-60 tracks, mostly audio, with virtual instruments and effects.

My MBP is configured with two hard drives, 16GB RAM and I also have an Apollo Duo.

The new MBP is less user configuarable the RAM is soldered to the motherboard, and it has PCIe flash storage. So you may be able upgrade storage in the future.

The previous non-retina models were the last to contain an optical drive, FW800, and ethernet. Same form factor as the 2011 model, that you can add RAM to and remove the optical for a second hard drive.

Old 4th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Whatever you choose, check the Macrumors.com Buyer's Guide before buying, as it will give you an idea as to whether the Mac you're interested in is due to be updated soon. (If you look at the link you'll see why they recommend against getting a MBP right now, for example.)
Old 4th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by skira ➡️
Whatever you choose, check the Macrumors.com Buyer's Guide before buying, as it will give you an idea as to whether the Mac you're interested in is due to be updated soon. (If you look at the link you'll see why they recommend against getting a MBP right now, for example.)
Thanks.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…