Quantcast
Visualizers for YouTube Videos? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Visualizers for YouTube Videos?
Old 28th February 2014
Visualizers for YouTube Videos?

I like posting my songs on YouTube, but I'm not an animator or filmmaker, and I hate those YouTube videos that are just a still image of an album cover or whatever. I want to do something that has motion and is at least mildly visually interesting- and I also want to make sure it doesn't infringe anyone else's IP rights. So I want it to either be my own content or something unlicensed/unlicensable.

What I've been doing up til now is just showing my DAW project as it plays the track, so you can see what parts are triggering, and there's some sense of movement to the song- but I'm pretty sure it's only visually interesting to me.

I own some visualizers by SoundSpectrum which are really cool- but it's against their license to use them in productions; you're only supposed to use the software when playing MP3s on your PC. I figure there's got to be some free or affordable technology that moves in time with your music and won't result in YouTube takedowns, but I haven't found it yet.

Any suggestions for tools or content I could legally use to make my YouTube videos more interesting?
Old 28th February 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
You can program it yourself in something like Max/Jitter, PureData (free) or even open frameworks (also free).
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…