Quantcast
Synths from "Every Breath You Take"? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Synths from "Every Breath You Take"?
Old 26th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Synths from "Every Breath You Take"?

As title says, what are the synths being used on Every Breath You Take by The Police?

I'm using Logic X. Which patches should I use in EXS24, ES2, Sculpture, etc?

It sounds like a few pads are stacked up on each other in the song, but I can't parse it out. Help please
Old 26th February 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I know Sting was found of the synclavier back in the day. I'm not sure what synths came from that. Any warm analog pad sound in Logic is a good starting point.
Old 26th February 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclerico12 ➑️
I know Sting was found of the synclavier back in the day. I'm not sure what synths came from that. Any warm analog pad sound in Logic is a good starting point.
Thanks!
Old 26th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Ha thanks so much--- I've read that article like a million times before, it's so inspiring!

Any suggestions on which specific Logic synths would help get me there?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I did not know that.Very interesting read.Thanks.
Old 26th February 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
No...as it said--most are guitars. But, the Oberheim is just a pad...those old synths aren't hard to recreate with anything. Whatever their most simple wave+(low pass)filter synth should get there...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by popmann ➑️
No...as it said--most are guitars. But, the Oberheim is just a pad...those old synths aren't hard to recreate with anything. Whatever their most simple wave+(low pass)filter synth should get there...
Yea but you have to listen first..... seems to be an issue nowadays, easier to ask online......
Old 27th February 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-uk ➑️
Yea but you have to listen first..... seems to be an issue nowadays, easier to ask online......
Wow, you got me!

Thanks for making this such a helpful community! You're a real man! I bet you're just a fantastic, hugely successful musician
Old 5th March 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsm27 ➑️
Wow, you got me!

Thanks for making this such a helpful community! You're a real man! I bet you're just a fantastic, hugely successful musician
So you find more value in just being told what/how something is, or have been created, rather than learning by doing?

I've seen more references to the Glyn Johns method in the last 7 years than I have ever encountered engineers talking about it in the previous 15.... The simple reason is that when you try it out & explore it, you realise that the sound he got, had less to do with the miking technique and so much more with having John Bonham on the drums....

Glad you enjoy the tutorials and step by step instructions.... I think I'll keep to the slightly more laborious method of finding out myself...as the outcome usually mean I learn something.....

Good luck!

J
Old 6th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wow that article was awesome. Thanks for sharing!
πŸ“ Reply