The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube Console 1 WOW!!!
Old 7th November 2016 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring ➡️
And Avid...?
Can we ProTools users work together to find out if Console 1 integration is ever gonna happen for PT?
For me it is either continue with my PT plan this December or move on and accept the crossgrade offer from PreSonus.
Lives for gear

🎧 20 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levon77 ➡️
Can we ProTools users work together to find out if Console 1 integration is ever gonna happen for PT?
For me it is either continue with my PT plan this December or move on and accept the crossgrade offer from PreSonus.
Yup, shall we have some words of encouragement with Avid? Pro Tools facebook page? I know they check it daily...

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 ➡️
Yup, shall we have some words of encouragement with Avid? Pro Tools facebook page? I know they check it daily...
We shall!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I really, really hope, that's why they had to come with a Mark II version... In order to make fully integration with PT and EUCON.
Old 7th November 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Is there an MKII??
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamdring ➡️
Is there an MKII??
Not yet, but it feels like there could be one in the works. If yes I wouldn't have thought it would be before Feb or mid year at the earliest. I'm sure they'd want to announce it at a trade show.
Old 8th November 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by krevvy ➡️
I was told to "go and ask steinberg" when i asked softube
Similar response about Logic too
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumax ➡️
Similar response about Logic too
Well, there's obviously a large update for Logic in the works to support the Touch Bar, I have my fingers crossed they'll update Console1 support then... and my toes...

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik ➡️
I really, really hope, that's why they had to come with a Mark II version... In order to make fully integration with PT and EUCON.
I really, really, REALLY hope that it will work with the Mk1 version. I don't want to buy the new hardware just to get integration with PT.
Old 8th November 2016

🎧 5 years
Just to chip-in, the workflow is now AMAZING in Studio One. I wish they would come out with a tone neutral channel strip, sometimes the colour is not needed, especially on some bass parts. The built in low-end roll off changes the waveform/sound quite a lot.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoaudio ➡️
I wish they would come out with a tone neutral channel strip, sometimes the colour is not needed, especially on some bass parts. The built in low-end roll off changes the waveform/sound quite a lot.
Have you tried the SSL XL9000K strip? I have it but haven't done extensive testing yet - it's supposed to be more extended in the lows etc. and less coloured.

Try the demo!
Old 8th November 2016

🎧 5 years
This is audio industy 2016....smaller companies developing smart soft and hardwaretools. Apple-Logic,Yamaha(steinberg)and Avid-Protools work for me in the old fashioned way of monopolistic games. I like to support open eyed companies willing to integrate controller protocols besides mackie hui.
Old 8th November 2016
Softube

🎧 10 years
Hi,
Thanks for all the kind words, glad you're glad!

A lot of people are asking to get the same type of integration with the other DAWs. We would love to have that happen and we are in touch with all the other major DAW vendors about it. Just so everyone knows—the thing is that it does require a bit of development work from their side too, so it's not only up to us. Cakewalk and Presonus have been very cool with this, and we hope the others will follow. Steinberg were also very quick in the past, IIRC they were the first to add automatic transfer of track name and number from Cubase/Nuendo to Console 1.

As of now, we have no news to share about any other DAWs implementing this. But if this is a feature you would like to see in your DAW, what you could do is send a short and friendly email to the DAW vendors' customer service, or post on their respective user foras, to let them know. We love getting feature requests from our users, I'm sure they do too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOfAllTrades ➡️
I always felt that when using the tla-100 in console 1, it gave different sounding results to the separate plugin. Is that possible? It may just have been the auto make up gain on the console 1 compressor
The auto make-up gain must be it. It's exactly the same plug-in in standard mode as in Console 1 mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik ➡️
So... What about those rumours reg. a MKII version??
I think those rumors started before we launched Console 1 in the first place. We try not to comment on rumors or share anything about future releases, as it’s often hard to tell exactly when things are ready for release. And when we miss a deadline I’ll have to spend days on Gearslutz trying to explain that to the people with torches and pitchforks. Some companies seem to use that as a strategy to gain exposure, but it’s just not for us.

May I just add that as a half Dane I love your user name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac ➡️
Hi guys,

Just created a little Video so you can see how Faderort and Console1 work together to control the DAW.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx9hdxp0i3...%2042.mov?dl=0
I’d love to see that video. Could you post it again, perhaps on YouTube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winedup ➡️
VERY, VERY nicely done, Softube - best investment I've made in my rig in quite some time. Now, can I hold off from getting another emulation or 2 for the platform!!??? :-)
I think we both know the answer to that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krevvy ➡️
I was told to "go and ask steinberg" when i asked softube
We have nothing but respect for the terrific people at Steinberg, and nobody at Softube has ever said anything disrespectful like that. Not sure why you keep posting that across multiple threads.

But as I explained above, it is a feature that needs to be implemented by the DAW vendors, and it might help if users let the DAW vendors know that this is a feature they’d like to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jck ➡️
Elsewhere, people are complaining about Gobbler. I have to say I have not made up my mind about Gobbler, yet, but the latest update to Console 1 (the first one available via Gobbler: 2.3.92) makes a huge difference in terms of my CPU load. I run at 96 kHz with 64 samples and 2.2 ms latency (4.0 ms roundtrip; fantastic job RME!!!). Console 1 is able to keep the pace now more than before, especially with the Neve emulation that I run all the time.
Glad to hear the reduced CPU load is clearly noticeable! We have thousands of new registrants that are using the Softube account, powered by Gobbler, without any issues whatsoever.

Thanks all,
Henrik
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softube ➡️
Hi,
We have nothing but respect for the terrific people at Steinberg, and nobody at Softube has ever said anything disrespectful like that. Not sure why you keep posting that across multiple threads.

But as I explained above, it is a feature that needs to be implemented by the DAW vendors, and it might help if users let the DAW vendors know that this is a feature they’d like to see.
Henrik
Thanks henrik, ive emailed you the screenshot
Cheers
Old 8th November 2016
DSK
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
After the Volume 1 upgrade thr sound pallette has just exploded.

Those Trident eq bands are so much easier to use! Do you think it's low pass highpass could be added to the input section?
On that note:
One thing I would like to see is the implementation of a way to select the input section Low-High pass separately from the rest of the channel as well as a selection for the drive character.
That an bypass for these sections are a must IMO. A shift + a button or knob wouldn't bother me at all.
It's a mistery for me why they aren't implemented.

🎧 10 years
Glad to hear the reduced CPU load is clearly noticeable! We have thousands of new registrants that are using the Softube account, powered by Gobbler, without any issues whatsoever.

Thanks all,
Henrik[/QUOTE]

I installed Gobbler on my computer and it updated the Drawmer S73 plugin at the same time it uninstalled the Softube Saturation Knob...
Old 9th November 2016
eor

🎧 15 years
Any word on the new integration with sonar? Does it apply to the older, 8.5 versions of sonar or just the newer x versions?

How does it feel about slate plug ins? I get there is some overlap but if it can handle them as well...

This may have been the push I needed...
Old 9th November 2016 | Show parent
Softube

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRider ➡️
I installed Gobbler on my computer and it updated the Drawmer S73 plugin at the same time it uninstalled the Softube Saturation Knob...
A few customers have reported that, sorry about that. But it's easily remedied—just go to the Saturation Knob product page and click Get Your Free License.

Thanks,
Henrik
Old 10th November 2016
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I just checked and Console 1 is no longer available from Sweet Water.
Old 10th November 2016
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Hey Cubase and Console 1 users: let's make some rumour about better integration between them. Please send mail request to your local Steinberg representatives about follow track selection feature (and maybe some more). In this case, outcome could pay an effort
Old 15th November 2016

🎧 10 years
I have a question on how you all use Console 1 in a send return configuration or on your mix bus and sub groups.

My problem is as follows. Softube states that the best use of Console 1 is to put it in every first insert slot of your tracks to emulate a real console. But for example when you use a reverb with a real console you would patch out of your track into the reverb and than back into an aux return. So therefore I always have console 1 on an insert AFTER any time based effect.
Does that make sense to you?
I also always wonder why Softube says you should use a stereo insert on your mono channels. The pan pot becomes a balance control which is different from a pan pot.
I'm wondering if there are other users out there who find Softubes recommendation odd and also use console 1 differently.
Old 16th November 2016 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidABatson ➡️
I just checked and Console 1 is no longer available from Sweet Water.
Upon seeing this post I looked and see that it is discontinued at a few music stores like musicians friend etc. I just ordered one in Canada and am now a little worried that it may not be supported for very long. Can Softube comment on this?

🎧 10 years
Even if they come out with a Mk2 version soon, I am sure that Softube will keep supporting the first version of Console 1 for quite a while. So i wouldn't worry too much about it. If they come out with a new version than probably not before Musikmesse 2017 in April. To be honest besides a fader I can't think of anything they could change on the hardware. Everything else can be done with software I suppose.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Perhaps a better integration with Pro Tools, need some kind of hardware change?
Old 16th November 2016
Hey!
I just wrote a review of the BRITISH CLASS A channelstrip for Console 1!
You can find it here:
Softube British Class A (Console 1)

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Even if they come out with a Mk2 version soon, I am sure that Softube will keep supporting the first version of Console 1 for quite a while. So i wouldn't worry too much about it. If they come out with a new version than probably not before Musikmesse 2017 in April. To be honest besides a fader I can't think of anything they could change on the hardware. Everything else can be done with software I suppose.
I don't think there are any "ifs" about it. It's happening.

And I've been thinking about what it could offer too. A few people said earlier that the new, lower price point would suggest that it's now to be manufactured in Asia, not Europe, so perhaps the build quality could be inferior. A motorized fader is something I would have added for a MKII, but apart from that, and a handful of extra knobs (maybe, but why?), what else could there be to warrant a new hardware release? So... I'm going to have expect that the big change would be a fader. Which is pretty cool actually, but not a deal breaker for me.
Old 26th November 2016
eor

🎧 15 years
i hope/suspect that there will be little difference between the mark i and mark ii, if any, aside from maybe country of origin. i'd imagine any updates and advances would be made available to both models.

but this gap between the two versions gives me pause. now that most of the originals are gone, why wouldn't they get the new ones out there? i'd rather have the mk i, and i'd like to have one now, but they softube isn't helping. especially with so much else available and crazy black friday prices on plug ins elsewhere. i've reached out to some more esoteric vendors to see about nos (i guess you'd call them) models. i hope that isn't a mistake.
Old 27th November 2016 | Show parent
Tui
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
We try not to comment on rumors or share anything about future releases, as it’s often hard to tell exactly when things are ready for release. And when we miss a deadline I’ll have to spend days on Gearslutz trying to explain that to the people with torches and pitchforks. Some companies seem to use that as a strategy to gain exposure, but it’s just not for us.

Quote:
We have thousands of new registrants that are using the Softube account, powered by Gobbler, without any issues whatsoever.
Henrik, may I tell you that I'm not a fan of Gobbler. Gobbler is yet another middleman-type company like Pace with a less than stellar reputation for reliability and customer service. Already, they've had at least one well-reported meltdown.

I have been a Softube customer for a long time and I own a dozen or so licenses. However, I will not support the popular move towards perceived convenience, in exchange for control over our machines. I reject the concept of centralised, unaccountable forces - like Apple, MSFT, Pace, Gobbler - controlling my computer and telling me what I can, or cannot, do with it.

The licensing app you had before was just fine. I would have hoped that you would have extended its functionality and made it similar to the NI Service Centre, for example.

I love my Softube plugins, they are among the best there is. However, I guess I will have to look for alternatives. Pace, iLoks, Gobbler and the like are not on my menu.
Old 27th November 2016 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
iLok has with a few exceptions worked great for me. Some vendors give me a choice between their own copy protection and iLok. I always prefer the latter. To me the worst kind of copy protection are those where something auth is installed on my DAW pc and I then have to unauthorize when upgrading my system drive. Just too much to keep track of.
Old 27th November 2016
eor

🎧 15 years
given the epic and unceasing struggles with my slate plugins and gobbler/ilok, i was looking at the softube as an alternative that would just work. i'm sick of all updates and downloads and searching for the little dlls and trying to make my daw read them and maybe some of them will work and some won't and so on. i just want it to work.

i like the idea of the ilok and i don't mind one bit paying for what i use, and the developers certainly deserve to be compensated for their efforts. but it just doesn't work well, in my incredibly frustrating experience. really hope it isn't the same with console 1.
📝 Reply