The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audient ID22 reviews?
Old 15th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
Clients likely won't care about your Audient, specifically. In the big picture, it would be a rather small detail during a session, and in a studio setup with all the gear. If the session is going well, and good sounds are coming out of the speakers, it wouldn't matter so much how much something costs on the desk over there.
Sure, if it sounds good clients might not care. I don’t move in that world so I’m careful only to ask, not state an opinion.

With the poster saying he is ultra high end, wouldn’t explaining a broken ID22 to clients be trickier than a broken Antelope? If the ID22 has a reliability issue why risk using it? To save a couple thousand?

It doesn’t sound like a workable high end strategy to me, speaking as a low level operator. Even at my basic level I know that the combination of reliability, sound quality and an excuse to blame inevitable tech failures on gear only comes with a high price tag. Sad but true.
Old 15th December 2020
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Absolutely agree with that. Reliability takes on a special meaning to people that do this 24/7 with their livelihood on the line. You sort of have to trust everything or the clientele will have to wonder where that fee is going during some failure or down time. Going into a studio with a bunch of broken gear in the racks is a big turn off immediately.
Old 23rd February 2021
Here for the gear

Hello, I have a question about the iD22.
The main potentiometer of the volume is also functioning for the alternative monitors 3/4 ?
Old 23rd February 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyman3 ➡️
Hello, I have a question about the iD22.
The main potentiometer of the volume is also functioning for the alternative monitors 3/4 ?
Yes, if you set them as alt speaker outs....or if you set them to DAW thru they are direct line outs bypassing the control.

EDIT...please don't clutter the forum by duplicating your question in every id22 thread you can find. Pick a thread and post once.
Old 4th March 2021
Here for the gear

hi,

So i just installed my brand new iD22 and it sounds amazing but it seems that the newest version driver (v4.1.9a) has some issues :
- audio player (aimp) or just plain old youtube online have intermittent short drops of sound
- the asio performance in my daw is worse then with my previous iD4 with driver v4
- latency is worse also then the iD4 with v4

I'd like to rollback and try and older stable version of the drivers but audient does not offer that option on it's website nor does it respond to requests from people for the older versions...

So i am turning to you lovely persons : Does anybody have a stable working driver version for the iD22 ?
Old 2nd May 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Hi. I am seriously thinking about throwing mine away. I am not going to sell it because I do not want anyone to experience the problems I have had. I have massive problems with audio drop outs with the ID-22. if I load one instance of Waves Abbey Road Reverb or two of the Waves Abbey Road12345 Channel I get drop outs. I think I reached the end of my patience this weekend. Stay away from this and get something else.
Old 3rd May 2021
Gear Guru

18 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
And... what did you think?
Old 15th September 2021
Here for the gear

I will see different to my sound if i jump from id22 to avid native hd?
Old 29th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Some time user of the iD-22 and found it fine.
Today working on a project, loud pop/glitch just listening to Youtube (so not directly recording or using the iD-22) and its now DEAD??

Never had this before luckily with any equipment, but very frustrating with the iD-22!!

Please can you tell me what might have happened suddenly?

AC Power plugged in and unplugged, but not even the Status Light comes on?

Very disappointed in what was an ok interface. Is it dead? Can I get a replacement?
Or do I avoid Audient from now on and get a completely different reliable interface?

Might be a consideration for others on this thread looking at Audient?
Old 17th October 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hi. Does anyone know if you can use both the pre-amps and returns as inputs, at the same time? I appreciate the manual says you can only use one or the other, but this seems like a wasted opportunity and I am hoping there might be a work around. I am hoping to find a solution to this so I don't need to buy a new mixer or upgrade my interface! Thanks.
Old 17th October 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.Boi ➡️
Hi. Does anyone know if you can use both the pre-amps and returns as inputs, at the same time? I appreciate the manual says you can only use one or the other, but this seems like a wasted opportunity and I am hoping there might be a work around. I am hoping to find a solution to this so I don't need to buy a new mixer or upgrade my interface! Thanks.
No. It's two (L&R) inputs: preamps OR returns.
📝 Reply