Quantcast
Does your ApogeeDuet not respond to the keyboard volume ctrl after upgrade to 10.8.x? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Does your ApogeeDuet not respond to the keyboard volume ctrl after upgrade to 10.8.x?
Old 12th June 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Does your ApogeeDuet not respond to the keyboard volume ctrl after upgrade to 10.8.x?

After upgrading to Mountain Lion, you may notice that your Apogee Duet Firewire no longer responds to the volume control buttons on your Mac keyboard. After spending some time troubleshooting this issue, and trying various solutions that I read on the various websites (none of which worked) I figured out how to fix it, and the solution was simple.

In case anyone else runs into this, this was my solution:
1. From Maestro 2, click "Output."

2. For both "Out L" and "Out R," switch the settings from "Instrument" to "-10dBV."
That's it!

I hope this saves someone out there a bit of aggravation.
Old 22nd June 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Does anyone know how to do this for the Ensemble?
Old 9th August 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Ensemble and Apogee Maestro 2 with MacOs10.8 problem
the Ensemble Volume control on the Mac Keyboard doesn't work with the new update of 10.8 !!someone resolve the problem??
Old 10th February 2017
Gear Addict
OH MAN. Resurrecting this old thread because this just happened to me and I could not for the life of me figure it out. And probably never would have, I was bouncing around between the settings, mixer, and system prefs like a maniac trying to figure out what was going on. Finally found this threat after my 7th or so revision of google search terms. Good man.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…