Quantcast
Logic - Export All Tracks As Audio Files - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Logic - Export All Tracks As Audio Files
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Logic - Export All Tracks As Audio Files

When I use Logic's function to export all tracks as audio files, it strangely renames a random set of tracks. For example, if I have 20 tracks, it will export 15 of them with the track/region name and the other 5 will have their name changed to something like Instr1, Instr2, Instr3, Instr4 and Instr5.

Anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Mute the regions you don't wish to export.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman ➑️
Mute the regions you don't wish to export.
I've removed all unwanted tracks prior to export. In other words, I want to export all 20 tracks. The problem is that it renames 5 of them as per my note above.

So if I have a track called "Acoustic Guitar" it might change the name to Instr 1 when I export it.

Any other ideas?

Steve
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Ctrl click on track and config track header. You can choose how the tracks are named.
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I don't know why this happens, but maybe it has to do with the difference between what Logic calls track names (which is something you enter manually, if you wish) and Channel Strip names, which is what Logic defaults to show? If you upload the project file (without the audio, don't even need the MIDI notes) it would be easier to try to figure out why it happens.
Old 1st February 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
yeah,i think so,Ctrl click on track and config track header. You can choose how the tracks are named.thank you
Old 1st February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone have the problem where all the tracks end up being different lengths? VERY annoying
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinated ➑️
Anyone have the problem where all the tracks end up being different lengths? VERY annoying
Yes, happens here too. The other annoying thing is deleting channel strips in the arrange page can often mess up other tracks' channel strips, losing plugins and changing track names too!
Old 5th February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lougskypes ➑️
yeah,i think so,Ctrl click on track and config track header. You can choose how the tracks are named.thank you
Thank you! This solved the issue for me. I ctrl clicked on a track and then selected one of the options in the drop down and it showed me the exact tracks having issues so I renamed them and everything exported fine.

Thanks.
Steve
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…