Quantcast
Saffire Mix Control 3.1 issues - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Saffire Mix Control 3.1 issues
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Saffire Mix Control 3.1 issues

Yesterday I switched from 3.0 to 3.1 version of Saffire MixControl and my projects went from 40-50% to 90-100% of CPU load, even when I set the biggest buffer (2048 samples). Anyone else experiencing the same?

i7 920
12 GB RAM
Windows 7
Cubase 6
LS56 and PRO24 in dual unit mode
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Nut

7 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
it works fine here, but if you have any issues with update, just revert to previous version. There's not much difference between them anyway, if the previous one was working fine i wouldnt bother with new.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot. ➑️
it works fine here, but if you have any issues with update, just revert to previous version. There's not much difference between them anyway, if the previous one was working fine i wouldnt bother with new.
Ive tried that, but when I uninstall and install 3.0 it keeps loading the new drivers (preloaded from 3.1) and I get version mismatch error message. I guess I will have to clean the registry after uninstall.

Id love to hear Chris from Focusrite about the issue, serious problem here with these new drivers.
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagalj ➑️
Yesterday I switched from 3.0 to 3.1 version of Saffire MixControl and my projects went from 40-50% to 90-100% of CPU load, even when I set the biggest buffer (2048 samples). Anyone else experiencing the same?

i7 920
12 GB RAM
Windows 7
Cubase 6
LS56 and PRO24 in dual unit mode
Same issue here. I thought it was some fault in my machine but I thought that when I first installed the new version a few weeks ago. Typical Focusrite.

I guess it is time to wait for a fix now then in a new version. Not holding my breath though.

You're not alone
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhollos ➑️
Same issue here. I thought it was some fault in my machine but I thought that when I first installed the new version a few weeks ago. Typical Focusrite.

I guess it is time to wait for a fix now then in a new version. Not holding my breath though.

You're not alone
Glad to hear that (I mean, sorry about your problem ), we have confirmed a bug in new drivers. Now we just have to wait for Focusrite to chime in. Calling Chris..
Old 1st February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Are you guys getting the ****28- error?
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroode ➑️

Im getting CPU overload error. Even on very small projects.
Old 2nd February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroode ➑️
CPU overload errors here. Even on projects that were previously only on 15-20% load before the update. I never before needed to have buffer set to the longest and all that nonsense. Could leave it on defaults and never got CPU overloads. Shame really because the interface is pretty good but this holds it back some now. I can't imagine it being fixed given that there doesn't seem to be so many if us suffering the issue if the responses to thus thread are anything to go by.
Old 15th February 2013
Focusrite

🎧 10 years
Hey guys, just spotted this here.

We're not aware of any issues like this after upgrading. Anyone experiencing performance decreases after updating please contact us here so that we can investigate: The Official Source for Focusrite Product Support and Information .: Focusrite Answerbase

We can also help you revert to the previous version if necessary.

Chris
Focusrite Support
Old 15th February 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I had reverted to 3.0 and everything is back to normal now. Although, I also changed the cpu cooler because I used to get very high temps at the time, I noticed that my processor decreased its frequency because of that. Now I run it OC-d without any problem, but I havent tried the 3.1 software again. Maybe it was the main reason for those issues.
Old 19th February 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Maybe I should change out my cooler as well and see if that yields any results.

I had similar issues with the old liquid mix years back. Got rid of it in the end. I'm trying not to make this go the same way.
πŸ“ Reply