Quantcast
Which motherboard for 3770? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which motherboard for 3770?
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Which motherboard for 3770?

Hi everyone im lowering the budget as much as i can.So i need your advice which motherboard of the above is best for me.Cpu will be 3770 the non K version i wont overclock cpu-gpu-ram!
I will have 1ssd + 2hdd +1gpu on the system.
Options:
1.Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H 93euro
2.Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H 99euro
3.Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H 109euro
4.Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H 129euro

Dont recommend me other brands plz or matx motherboards.Only one of the above if u can plz.Thanx!
Old 30th January 2013
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Bump!
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 5 years
I'm pretty sure the X implies overclocking capabilities of the board, so option 4 is probably unnecessary.

I would choose option 2 or 3. The Z77 chipset is a better option for Ivy Bridge. The differences between the two seem to be to do with on-board audio and the number of ports available. GIGABYTE- I found some useful information and would like to share with you

I recently built a music / gaming machine in one - Went all out, including a Gigabyte sniper board / Corsair 650D case. During the build, I discovered that the sata ports came out sideways from the board, right into the recessed MB area! Luckily, the higher-placed ports were sufficient for my needs and I didn't need to do any drastic mods to the MB!

Another thing I would recommend is getting an aftermarket CPU cooler - the difference in running temps (I hear for Ivy Bridge, especially), compared to the stock cooler, is significant.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eukali โžก๏ธ
I'm pretty sure the X implies overclocking capabilities of the board, so option 4 is probably unnecessary.

I would choose option 2 or 3. The Z77 chipset is a better option for Ivy Bridge. The differences between the two seem to be to do with on-board audio and the number of ports available. GIGABYTE- I found some useful information and would like to share with you

I recently built a music / gaming machine in one - Went all out, including a Gigabyte sniper board / Corsair 650D case. During the build, I discovered that the sata ports came out sideways from the board, right into the recessed MB area! Luckily, the higher-placed ports were sufficient for my needs and I didn't need to do any drastic mods to the MB!

Another thing I would recommend is getting an aftermarket CPU cooler - the difference in running temps (I hear for Ivy Bridge, especially), compared to the stock cooler, is significant.
Thanx for the reply so my choice will be GA-Z77-D3H!
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine_K โžก๏ธ
Thanx for the reply so my choice will be GA-Z77-D3H!
Exactly the board I was going to recommend to you.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…